ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Missus due soon..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/878087-missus-due-soon.html)

Coffin Dodger 04 March 2011 11:21 AM

Missus due soon.....

At what point should I be thinking about being sober all the time, in readiness for a late night / early morning dash to the hospital?

She's not due until late April so I'm okay for a while yet but as an alcoholic I'm not relishing the prospect of being off the booze for too long, especially with all those bank holidays late April / early May :D

SwissTony 04 March 2011 11:34 AM

Almost missed the birth of my second lad due to the fact that I was having a drink with the ex-father and mother in law. Got the call that I might want to make my way down there but not to rush. So as I had had a drink I took my time, sauntered down to the hospital and walked into...absolute mayhem and a complete bollocking. 35 mins later out he popped !

So my advice is to knock the booze on the head at least 2 weeks before and then once he/she is born, make up for it :D

EddScott 04 March 2011 12:05 PM

My old man was down the rugby club hammered. My granddad had to go fish up out. Grandma stuffed some sarnies down him to soak it up :)

stilover 04 March 2011 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger (Post 9915352)
At what point should I be thinking about being sober all the time, in readiness for a late night / early morning dash to the hospital?

She's not due until late April so I'm okay for a while yet but as an alcoholic I'm not relishing the prospect of being off the booze for too long, especially with all those bank holidays late April / early May :D

I'd be getting p!ssed every night, and out chasing 18 year old girls around, before my life was over. :thumb:

SHUGSTERC 04 March 2011 12:24 PM

my missus had a home birth...def a good idea..can get melted and stay that way for ages.as dont need to drive...just make sure got plenty booze in and chill on the couch for weeks at a time..think she had a boy..:thumb:

Coffin Dodger 04 March 2011 12:57 PM

Oh well, can probably survive a couple of weeks. Appreciate I could probably have a couple of beers of an evening and be okay anyway but once you've had a few you want more :D

Thought about a home birth but there's still a chance that you'll need to go in anyway. As it's our first thought we'd be better off close to the experts :lol1:

Just hope it's starting to become BBQ weather while I'm having my two weeks paternity leave :)

chocolate_o_brian 04 March 2011 03:54 PM

My mrs is due on Wednesday so I'm being careful this weekend. Well by careful I'm having a skin full watching the Liverpool v Utd match but taking the precaution of having several taxi numbers to hand ;) :D

Bit I don't drink much unless watching football these days.

Hysteria1983 04 March 2011 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 9915751)
My mrs is due on Wednesday so I'm being careful this weekend. Well by careful I'm having a skin full watching the Liverpool v Utd match but taking the precaution of having several taxi numbers to hand ;) :D

Bit I don't drink much unless watching football these days.

You do realise Nat is going to go into labour during that match. It's 'sods law'! ;)

lozgti1 04 March 2011 10:49 PM

Been drunk since she told me she was pregnant...that was 5 years ago!

stevebt 04 March 2011 10:59 PM

You have loads of time, why not just get a taxi to the hospital? When my missus was due she woke me up at 5am to tell me I had to take her to the hospital. It was 12hours later before my daughter was born so theres no rush :D:D

oops forgot you will also have a couple of false starts going to the hospital :D