ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Thankyou everyone that has helped.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/878070-thankyou-everyone-that-has-helped.html)

sarasquares 04 March 2011 08:59 AM

Thankyou everyone that has helped....

My car is no longer being driven on the road and some of it seems to be in a salvage yard in Lincs.(i have the details) But thanks to more than one member from SN the police have arrested one of the Asians who stole it...he also admitted stealing my car with other people. :thumb:

There seems little chance of recovering any part of the car but the engine was being put into another car in London so maybe its a matter of time till the police catch up with it.

If anyone is able to help with the breakers yard please pm me. I can not say why i think my car is there at this stage.
There is no suggestion that the salvage yard is involved in anything dodgy but googling reveals some comments about the place that do it no favours.....

I am not asking anyone to do anything illegal or put themself in danger but if anyone just happens to be in this particular salvage place i just need someone to keep an eye out. :thumb:

Thanks again for the help so far and without Scoobynet the scum that did this would have got away with it for sure. :notworthy

Clarebabes 04 March 2011 09:20 AM

Good news of sorts Sara, you just need to get the car back so you can realise some of the money you've got tied up in it.

It's great that there are some good Snetters out there who will help :thumb:

sarasquares 04 March 2011 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Clarebabes (Post 9915201)
Good news of sorts Sara, you just need to get the car back so you can realise some of the money you've got tied up in it.

It's great that there are some good Snetters out there who will help :thumb:

I was amazed at how much help i got from people i hadnt even met! It makes you realise there are some proper people out there.

One person inparticular has been so much help.. :notworthy

I have £2000 to spend on a car so come on Clare, i know your bored lol. :o

Ant 04 March 2011 09:42 AM

See if I didn't start that thread none of this would of happened :lol1:

Clarebabes 04 March 2011 09:44 AM

Sara, please don't give me a challenge like that! besides, I would look at small and practical, you'd want 1000BHP and totally impractical! I hear you can get smart cars cheap these days..... :D

sarasquares 04 March 2011 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9915235)

Look, we may nearly have shared snot but thats it. :lol1:

Originally Posted by Clarebabes (Post 9915239)
Sara, please don't give me a challenge like that! besides, I would look at small and practical, you'd want 1000BHP and totally impractical! I hear you can get smart cars cheap these days..... :D

Ha ha, 1000bhp :eek: Can you imagine the carnage? 200 will do me just fine as long as there are window tints :D

Simon C 04 March 2011 10:14 AM

Sara, given your history of cars. May I suggest you take that £2000 and invest in a bus ticket!! :lol1:

ScoobyDriverWannabe 04 March 2011 10:26 AM

Any chance of you taking them to court to try and get some of the money back ?

:( Shame it sounds like they destroyed the car

sarasquares 04 March 2011 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Simon C (Post 9915283)
Sara, given your history of cars. May I suggest you take that £2000 and invest in a bus ticket!! :lol1:

It might save me some money on plasters if nothing else lol

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe (Post 9915293)
Any chance of you taking them to court to try and get some of the money back ?

:( Shame it sounds like they destroyed the car

By the time they go to court they will have no assets left so i will have nothing.

What amazes me is the fact that they are still allowed to drive their own car yet they took mine from me ad admitted it! There should be a law that takes it off them. :mad:

Eye for an eye :thumb:

kingofturds 04 March 2011 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 9915310)
It might save me some money on plasters if nothing else lol

By the time they go to court they will have no assets left so i will have nothing.

What amazes me is the fact that they are still allowed to drive their own car yet they took mine from me ad admitted it! There should be a law that takes it off them. :mad:

Eye for an eye :thumb:

Did they have an audi by any chance?

sarasquares 04 March 2011 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9915311)

A scoob and a civic type r, why?

markjmd 04 March 2011 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 9915310)

I thought there was, the Proceeds of Crime Act. Any legal eagles care to comment on why that doesn't apply here?

sarasquares 04 March 2011 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by markjmd (Post 9915348)
I thought there was, the Proceeds of Crime Act. Any legal eagles care to comment on why that doesn't apply here?

I think that comes into play when they go to court. By then though, they will be penniless of course.

speedking 04 March 2011 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by markjmd (Post 9915348)

Most peoples cars are owned by the finance company.

Leslie 04 March 2011 03:39 PM

I am sorry that it has come to that now SS, must be heartbreaking to lose the car like that.

I hope you get something back anyway and that the thieves get heavily hammered for it.

Les

DCI Gene Hunt 04 March 2011 07:12 PM

Good news on the Asian hotrod, however.... like many on here I await the next SS (TM) disaster with interest :D

To help....

a) someone stole my kidney while I was sleeping
b) I've won the Nigerian State lottery - have just posted them my life savings
c) I've held an indoor BBQ and burn't my house down
d) Asians ate my dog

PaulC72 04 March 2011 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 9916075)
Good news on the Asian hotrod, however.... like many on here I await the next SS (TM) disaster with interest :D

To help....

a) someone stole my kidney while I was sleeping
b) I've won the Nigerian State lottery - have just posted them my life savings
c) I've held an indoor BBQ and burn't my house down
d) Asians ate my dog

:lol:
e) all of the above happened at the same time but I woke up after having a dream in the shower (Dallas stylee)

dnc 04 March 2011 07:57 PM

Good to hear they caught the scrotes, though sad that you may end up with virtually nothing.

Good to see you are moving on, not much else you can do.

Best of luck with the next one - sure I saw a Zonda somewhere for £2k ;)

Maz 04 March 2011 08:31 PM

They want shagging with a cactus! No respect for other people's property. Scant consolation but at least one of them has been caught.:)

Lee247 04 March 2011 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9915235)

Ahhhh, now then. The FB snitch needs some recognition too :lol1:

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 9916226)
They want shagging with a cactus! .:)

:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

sarasquares 04 March 2011 10:38 PM

you wernt thinking of Chaos were you? :lol1:

Bubba po 04 March 2011 10:48 PM

:razz:

astraboy 05 March 2011 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 9915180)
If anyone is able to help with the breakers yard please pm me. I can not say why i think my car is there at this stage.
There is no suggestion that the salvage yard is involved in anything dodgy but googling reveals some comments about the place that do it no favours.....

I am not asking anyone to do anything illegal or put themself in danger but if anyone just happens to be in this particular salvage place i just need someone to keep an eye out. :thumb:

Invest some of your 2000 quid in a cow, they are relatively cheap these days.

At the dead of night, lead cow down the approach road and deposit said cow directly in front of the main gates of the salvage yard.

Shoot it.

HTH,
astraboy.

astraboy 05 March 2011 08:11 AM

Is the salvage yard adjacent to any other businesses? Why not try signing up the proprietor to as many filthy h0mo/b0ndage\ s|\|uff magazines you can find, and change his address by one so his neighbours receives them.

"Hey! Your copy of "Choirboy Arses Monthly" has turned up!"
:D:D:D
astraboy.

astraboy 05 March 2011 08:14 AM

Call the mortuary and report the proprietor dead. If you really want to make a point tell them he's been crushed by a highly suspicious subaru shell....
astraboy.

astraboy 05 March 2011 08:24 AM

Get a copy of the proprietors business card. Go to one of those business card vending machines and knock up as realistic a copy as you can. Hopefully, it has his home phone number on it. Go to your local red-light district and pass them out to the girls (or guys) saying "Call me some time."

This is most effective if he has a family. If he is single, he may want to thank you.
astraboy.

Jamo 05 March 2011 10:01 AM

you're terrible rhod remind me never to cross you :)

joz8968 06 March 2011 01:39 PM

You referring to that MLR thread re. the theft of an Evo & Audi?

LUCKO 07 March 2011 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 9915269)
fine as long as there are window tints :D

why do you need tints, are them wrinkles more wide spread these days then Sara ;)

Jamie 07 March 2011 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po (Post 9916515)
:razz:

Drunk ran out of steam gave up hahaha:thumb: