ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   She's had her "show"... how long now? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/875978-shes-had-her-show-how-long-now.html)

chocolate_o_brian 01 March 2011 10:37 PM

She's had her "show"... how long now?

Nat's due on March 9th and had her "show" (blurgh) on Sunday night.

Mothers and fathers of SN (not the twats though, you can piss off :D ), how long was it after the cervix show mucas was discharged to labour starting? I've heard a few hours upto two fookin weeks :lol1:

First baby, mother is 24 with a healthy pregnancy thus far (father has very potent supersperm if it helps :norty: )...

Ta

200sex 01 March 2011 10:48 PM

was next day for us well bout 4 in morning

zip106 01 March 2011 10:51 PM

Any second....... NOW.

chocolate_o_brian 01 March 2011 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by zip106 (Post 9911167)
Any second....... NOW.

Hmm, how to get tomorrow off...

http://www.faqs.org/photo-dict/photo...8/10009pin.jpg
+
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Nvqzpq9ZfE...00/balloon.jpg

:D:D:D

AsifScoob 01 March 2011 10:59 PM

My Missus was a couple of days beforehand...so anytime I reckon. Good luck!

EmzWRX 01 March 2011 11:00 PM

Had mine about a week before :D

zip106 01 March 2011 11:02 PM

Never saw that yucky bit with either of my kids.

Both were induced 6 weeks early so we had appointments :)

chocolate_o_brian 01 March 2011 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by EmzWRX (Post 9911195)
Had mine about a week before :D

Before the Show :wonder:

scoobywrxwagon 01 March 2011 11:08 PM

My partner had our second child yest and was induced but with our 1st child she had him within 3/4 days if I remeber correctly, The big thing is waters breaking when that happens thats when its all hands to the pump.

Good luck

Rich

Trout 01 March 2011 11:28 PM

You are right - anything from now to two weeks!

Hysteria1983 02 March 2011 07:32 AM

May not be anytime soon sadly. I didn't have mine until I was in labour with Fin.

With Tayla it was 2 weeks before. Then I had a sweep, had another and then nothing and she was four days late!

IT can come away, and build back up apparently.

SJ_Skyline 02 March 2011 08:00 AM

Good luck :thumb:

Jamo 02 March 2011 08:13 AM

louise's was about 6 hours iirc

it wont be long now chocolate daddy :thumb:

Good Luck and congratulations :)

SteveScooby 02 March 2011 08:34 AM

Helen had her show about 2:00pm, waters broke about 2:45pm and baby was born at 3:30pm!!

Ant 02 March 2011 09:29 AM

Dont worry about the show, as already said when the waters break it's game on :D

It don't seem 9 months ago you said she was preggers , that time has flown

EddScott 02 March 2011 09:32 AM

Don't remember this business about "showing" - We were overdue so went in at 11am to be induced - all freaking day we were there.

At about 10pm we were watching TV in the room and X Files the film came on "mint, I thought, haven't seen this" and settled down to watch it. Even before the film actually started, heard a few pops and this torrent of water gushed out her lady parts and the game was on.

5.45am it was all over and the nipper was born. Bit of a marathon but she got there in the end.

Just think of it this way - your unlikely to be subjected to another episode of "One born every minute"

Good luck all of you :thumb:

SinghSuperStud 02 March 2011 09:53 AM

HAving a little 3month nipper at home I did read up on this and the show is just the plug that blocks the cervix dropping out :)

Apparently the waters breaking before you go into labour is a common myth propogated by TV - only 5% of women actually have their waters break before labour starts - typically it's during!

Ant 02 March 2011 10:13 AM

I thought the waters breaking had to be done to even start the birth off , that's why thru break them on a induction. Iirc there's two "bags" of water.

Ant 02 March 2011 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 9911520)

Just think of it this way - your unlikely to be subjected to another episode of "One born every minute"

So true we never watch it now :lol1:

Hysteria1983 02 March 2011 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9911575)
I thought the waters breaking had to be done to even start the birth off , that's why thru break them on a induction. Iirc there's two "bags" of water.

Nope, with Fin I was 10 cm and pushing and my waters were still in tact.

I was 9cm with Tayla, then they burst. She was born 5 minutes later :D

Clarebabes 02 March 2011 12:28 PM

I had my daughter 12 years ago yesterday and cannot even remember having one! :)

SinghSuperStud 02 March 2011 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 9911619)
Nope, with Fin I was 10 cm and pushing and my waters were still in tact.

I was 9cm with Tayla, then they burst. She was born 5 minutes later :D

For inducing they typically break the waters with a strange device that looks like a crochet needle :) - it is supposed to trigger the release of a hormone that should kick start things ...... or not as was with my wife !! :Whatever_

There are two waters - frontal and rear?

Clarebabes 02 March 2011 12:43 PM

My waters didn't break til just before she was born too.

Gear Head 02 March 2011 12:55 PM

So not only have I got a delivery to deal with, I have to attend some sort of 'show' before hand? It is any good?

None of the baby books have told me this! :D

Good luck Andy, I sure it won't be long. But what you should have asked was 'how long is a piece of string?' because the answer would have been just as accurate!

Hysteria1983 02 March 2011 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by impreza_sports_nutter (Post 9911794)
For inducing they typically break the waters with a strange device that looks like a crochet needle :) - it is supposed to trigger the release of a hormone that should kick start things ...... or not as was with my wife !! :Whatever_

There are two waters - frontal and rear?

Yes, that had to use that with Fin.

It not the first thing used for induction, but is usually needed as a form of intervention.

Sadly most inductions require a lot of intervention, but it all turns out ok in the end.

pimmo2000 02 March 2011 01:40 PM

Didn't read any replies .. but my misses had about three shows .. before it kicked off ..

Second baby, no shows.

SinghSuperStud 02 March 2011 03:47 PM

My wife had the gel twice, a sweep, the drip and still nothing - in the end a c-section was the only option ...... all on a baby that was already 13 days over!!! Little princess didn't want to come out lol

chocolate_o_brian 02 March 2011 04:45 PM

Hmm, a range of replies as expected. Fingers crossed it's before next week as I need to use up my lieu days before March 31st ;) :D

njkmrs 02 March 2011 04:49 PM

Well you have to let the stitches heal and that first ,but usually you can be back on the nest in a couple of weeks !!!!!!

That was what you meant was,nt it .?

austinwrx 02 March 2011 04:57 PM

we were lucky, wife was due on the saturday.

labour started 2 am on the friday night. hung around at home till lunchtime sat.
into hosp and baby born sunday at 4.33 am. 27hrs later : but basically next day from "labour starting in ernest"

as oppose to 2 weeks overdue and so on.

genuinely the old wives tale of spicy food did it for us: I'd been to get a massive curry takeaway for our tea on the friday night !!!!!

be prepared for the experience of yr life !!!!!!!!