ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   GOT THE SCUM! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/875512-got-the-scum.html)

sarasquares 28 February 2011 08:19 AM

GOT THE SCUM!

10 days after they nicked my car the Asians were arrested and bailed. One of them admitted stealing it with others. The investigation is ongoing. No sign of my car as yet but the last i new they were having problems with the ecu. :)

They are in the Metropolitan police area in London. They put up an advert on the site i advertised my car for sale and the same site they said they saw my car for sale. They used the same names in the advert that they gave me but they swapped their names round to advoid getting caught. :lol1:

For obvious reasons i cannot say anymore.

One of the group owns a silver scoob.....walls have ears. :wonder:

Thanks for all your messages of support and especially a MAHOOSIVE thankyou to someone from here that helped nail the scum bags that did this to me. :notworthy

And for all those that wished me bad..........I really hope nothing untoward happens to you or your cars..............But hey, sh1t happens.

Terminator X 28 February 2011 08:25 AM

I'm amazed that the Police did anything ...

TX.

Mark82 28 February 2011 08:25 AM

glad the f*c*ers got caught mate, shame you still aint got your car though hope all goes to plan

Jaybird-UK 28 February 2011 08:25 AM

Always good to see people get their comeuppance!

Lee247 28 February 2011 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 9907823)
10 days after they nicked my car the Asians were arrested and bailed. One of them admitted stealing it with others. The investigation is ongoing. No sign of my car as yet but the last i new they were having problems with the ecu. :)

They are in the Metropolitan police area in London. They put up an advert on the site i advertised my car for sale and the same site they said they saw my car for sale. They used the same names in the advert that they gave me but they swapped their names round to advoid getting caught. :lol1:

For obvious reasons i cannot say anymore.

One of the group owns a silver scoob.....walls have ears. :wonder:

Thanks for all your messages of support and especially a MAHOOSIVE thankyou to someone from here that helped nail the scum bags that did this to me. :notworthy

And for all those that wished me bad..........I really hope nothing untoward happens to you or your cars..............But hey, sh1t happens.

Brilliant news :luxhello::luxhello:

sarasquares 28 February 2011 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 9907829)
I'm amazed that the Police did anything ...

TX.

Me too!! They set them up and nearly got led to my car last week! They were found 3 days after my car was stolen but that wasnt down to the police.

Its been a very up and down 10 days emotionally but at least we have a confession. :D

I cant see some skinny little Asian lad is going to pay me £8000 back for my car when he gets fined £50 but its better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.:o

Ant 28 February 2011 08:37 AM

Good news!

They sound like right criminal masterminds :lol1:

g7prs 28 February 2011 08:38 AM

Good to hear they got caught!

pslewis 28 February 2011 08:40 AM

Great News!! :thumb:

sarasquares 28 February 2011 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 9907856)
Glad there was a positive outcome. Just hope they find the car now and it has some value left. Be nice to know what punishment the thieves get. Not a lot I bet.

Just wait until i am able to post up what 'really' happened, Keystone cops springs to mind! After what they did, you woud think twice at reporting your car stolen to the police. :lol1:

hutton_d 28 February 2011 09:09 AM

Good news on the scum-bag front at least :thumb: As the car's been gone for so long you'll probably want a new one now ... :idea:

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 9907866)
Just wait until i am able to post up what 'really' happened, Keystone cops springs to mind! After what they did, you woud think twice at reporting your car stolen to the police. :lol1:

I reported mine had been broken into once and the "policeman" on the other end of the phone insisted that there weren't any witnesses. This was on the initial call to report it :wonder: I was not impressed to say the least ...... :brickwall

Dave

sarasquares 28 February 2011 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 9907869)
Good news on the scum-bag front at least :thumb: As the car's been gone for so long you'll probably want a new one now ... :idea:

I reported mine had been broken into once and the "policeman" on the other end of the phone insisted that there weren't any witnesses. This was on the initial call to report it :wonder: I was not impressed to say the least ...... :brickwall

Dave

paperwork and little return on a job seems to be how cases are decided these days. :(

To get the police involvement i have had to gift wrap everything and give it to them on a plate, literally. Its been one of the most draining, frustrating times of my life. Loads of emotions. Its been tough. :cry::luxhello::brickwall:mad:

Jamz3k 28 February 2011 09:20 AM

Its not really brilliant news to be honest, you still have no car and the scum will walk free as per usual.

Brilliant news would be if this country had a backbone and the scum were sentenced to manual labour until they built up a pot of money to compensate you for your loses. Naturally their board and keep would be taken out of this pot also.

sarasquares 28 February 2011 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 9907896)
Its not really brilliant news to be honest, you still have no car and the scum will walk free as per usual.

Brilliant news would be if this country had a backbone and the scum were sentenced to manual labour until they built up a pot of money to compensate you for your loses. Naturally their board and keep would be taken out of this pot also.

Your right, its a crappy ending. I could have had my engine back a week ago, it was within touching distance but the police............*bites tongue* :brickwall

But, i have to be grateful for something or i wll go mad.

SHUGSTERC 28 February 2011 09:39 AM

hang em high

EH52WRX 28 February 2011 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 9907896)

No, Brilliant news would be, caught the theiving scumbags, kicked the $hit out of the them, and then deported them. :luxhello:

f1_fan 28 February 2011 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by EH52WRX (Post 9907936)
No, Brilliant news would be, caught the theiving scumbags, kicked the $hit out of the them, and then deported them. :luxhello:

Yeah, even if they were born here :cuckoo:

dpb 28 February 2011 10:00 AM

Asset strip them and then 150hrs community service each and an apology , after a public flogging !

EH52WRX 28 February 2011 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9907942)

Eh Yes, Send them packing. I am sure they will have plenty of family over there. :luxhello:

Clarebabes 28 February 2011 10:10 AM

I remember when my first Clio Cup was stolen I felt like the police were more than useless. I even sent them details of where the wheels ended up - on Ebay - and they did nothing. It even got offered to an informant and they still did nothing!

Good news that the crims are caught, you need to get your car back though! :mad:

EH52WRX 28 February 2011 10:12 AM

Would you want the car back, after they have been in it.

Trout 28 February 2011 10:19 AM

If they get convicted I am pretty sure you can then pursue a civil recovery.

kingofturds 28 February 2011 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9907942)

Even if they were born here they seem all to quick to scarper off to Pakistan when they get caught in the wrong.

Clarebabes 28 February 2011 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by EH52WRX (Post 9907963)
Would you want the car back, after they have been in it.

Think Sara needs it as it wasn't insured.

LC Geezer 28 February 2011 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 9907869)

Dave

Just out of interest, what would you have liked/expected them to do?

f1_fan 28 February 2011 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by EH52WRX (Post 9907955)
Eh Yes, Send them packing. I am sure they will have plenty of family over there. :luxhello:

Is it half term?

sarasquares 28 February 2011 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 9907969)
If they get convicted I am pretty sure you can then pursue a civil recovery.

Is there a body of people like the MIB that help people recover compensation? :wonder:

hutton_d 28 February 2011 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by LC Geezer (Post 9907979)
Just out of interest, what would you have liked/expected them to do?

Umm. Let me think. How about their job! Yeah, that'd be a start. Let's see. Criminal damage and theft would cover it. :thumb:

But having plod on the initial call say "they aren't any witnesses" is taking the p!ss as he didn't even know where it'd been damaged. So, their job would be a good start.

Dave

DCI Gene Hunt 28 February 2011 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 9908041)
Is there a body of people like the MIB that help people recover compensation? :wonder:

What like....these

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NE-72ZXux-.../the+krays.jpg

or more like these

http://www.globalexpressnews.co.uk/IL4U_Power.gif

Leslie 28 February 2011 11:08 AM

Really pleased to hear they have been collared SS. I hope you will eventually get your car back without any significant damage. I know thats a bit much to hope for of course.

I also hope that they get it in the neck instead of a community work sentence which they won't turn up for and nothing done about it as usual. Must not upset them of course, it would not be fair would it!

Les