ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   for sale section moan (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/875298-for-sale-section-moan.html)

B4D HK 26 February 2011 11:55 PM

for sale section moan

it seems breakers are taking over the for sale section :brickwall
can they not be given/made to use a sepperate traders section.......:wonder:

leecalcars 26 February 2011 11:58 PM

yes getting inundated with breaking this breaking that your not on your own mate !

99greenwagon 26 February 2011 11:59 PM

yeah i noticed that too.

B4D HK 27 February 2011 12:02 AM

glad im not the only one gents. It seems to be becoming a competition who can be at the top. Sort this please SN, its not fair on us paying members

mervil 27 February 2011 12:03 AM

Using several threads to break the same car too !! So if you're trying to sell something it's disappeared within a few hours!

Dirk Diggler 75 27 February 2011 12:05 AM

Too many nice motors being broken thesedays.
(p.s. first dibs on the big brake kit)..lol

midnight 27 February 2011 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by B4D HK (Post 9905618)
glad im not the only one gents. It seems to be becoming a competition who can be at the top. Sort this please SN, its not fair on us paying members

Too true H , when i went to post up my mates exhaust for sale on weds night ithought i was in the wrong section :cuckoo:,f**k me it looked like breakers alley :nono:.The problem is because so many of us want spares/parts, it dont take long for a single ad to disappear off the page and not get spotted.Which is why the seller then has to keep using bttt to get his item noticed.Would be better to have a seperate section labelled ' breaking ' and anyone with more than 1 - 2 items sell there stuff here,allowing people with single items a fairer chance of getting there stuff spotted.
My exhaust might not have sold if you hadn't noticed it early on :thumb: ,and contacted deano :cool:

Dave Y 27 February 2011 07:29 AM

Totally agree,a seperate section would be best.Seem to be overun with breakers at the moment.Individual ads dissapear off the first page too quick.

Minjeeta 27 February 2011 07:56 AM

I don't mind them firin on an sellin bits off cars... ah jist wonder how somefolk price the bits they hink folk are gonny buy?? ...
Brand New Subaru OEM part is £100 - so that means sh1tey second hand bit must be worth £95... eh, naw...

B4D HK 27 February 2011 08:36 AM

a seperate breaking section would prob sort this out I reckon.........

Jamo 27 February 2011 08:43 AM

that would require changing something and an element of common sense though H, lol and we know that anything like that takes months.

Lagamorph 27 February 2011 09:51 AM

Cant understand why they don't use a single thread anyway. If I'm after a particular part for a particular model it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that what I want is probably in a thread for that same model being broken. :cuckoo: The only exception is if its a non standard part.

SkydiveMacca 27 February 2011 10:10 AM

I'm starting to get a bit miffed with people selling huge amounts of completely non scooby parts (pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Nearly the whole first page was random stuff the other day.

Isn't that what eBay is for?

Caged "R" 27 February 2011 10:17 AM

Not quite sure why traders are allowed to advertise in 'private for sale'
Shouldn't the posts be moderated or moved?

Lagamorph 27 February 2011 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Caged "R" (Post 9905880)
Not quite sure why traders are allowed to advertise in 'private for sale'
Shouldn't the posts be moderated or moved?

Good point!!

Steve001 27 February 2011 10:37 AM

Is it possible for the OP to change this thread to a poll? (pics!!!!!!!!!!!!)

The power of the vote an all that :thumb:

and dont get me started on the subject of peoples loction!!!! if your selling something WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU??? :)

feel better now after that little rantette :)

Hammer man 27 February 2011 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by B4D HK (Post 9905609)
it seems breakers are taking over the for sale section :brickwall
can they not be given/made to use a sepperate traders section.......:wonder:

I agree with H`s thoughts here. Could we not have a "private-for sale" section,and a "trade-for sale" section. On the private sale section there needs to be a split between car related and non-car related. I dont think the trade sellers will be selling dvd`s and i-phones etc. I think you should give everyone the chance to sell whatever they want to part with in order to raise funds or make a living,(these cars aint cheap you know). We have a car sales private and trade section, so I cant see why this couldnt be done.
Rant over,back to the cricket.....:rolleyes:

EH52WRX 27 February 2011 11:17 AM

Yes totally agree, This was brought up ages ago and nothing has been done.

beef-on-the-bone 27 February 2011 11:29 AM

there is a general for sale and a car parts/accessories for sale thread, most people tend to just use the general thread, a bit more control of this would probably help.......

but i agree, the addition of a breaking/trade thread would be a good idea :)

Triple filtered 27 February 2011 11:57 AM

Do away with the general section and have a Cars breaking section, Car parts section and then a non car parts section?

If you really want to go for it, split the car parts section also, into classic, bugeye, blobeye etc. There was an argument about this in another thread that if youre looking for Brembos to fit a classic, where yould you look?? But I believe folk on here are clued up enough on this sort of thing to know what section to look in.

Yes, I break cars and advertise in both. I placed two identical threads in the two sections and got way more replies in the general section.

I tried keeping just a ''breaking thread'' but nothing much sold until I had stripped the car, taken pics and posted separate threads then everything pretty much went??

I agree, the ''general section'' is a bit too vauge and needs split. That would stop everyones ads dissapearing to page 5 in a matter of hours.

Lisawrx 27 February 2011 12:15 PM

For what it is worth, pretty much everything that has been suggested in this thread is being planned into the changes to the Market Place. It is just taking a little time to decide exactly how to break down the sections and get it all in place.

All I can ask is people have a little more patience, and hopefully it will all be implemented in the near future. Don't think we are not aware the FS area is a mess as it is, and we're ignoring it...we're not.

Cannon Fodder 27 February 2011 01:46 PM

Yes and don't forget as well there are members on here with multiple for sale threads - one person had 19 the last time I looked selling DVD's and even an LED Xmas tree, compact them all into one thread. It wouldn't be so bad but he/she bumps them at least once if not twice a day.

rossyboy 27 February 2011 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 9906062)
For what it is worth, pretty much everything that has been suggested in this thread is being planned into the changes to the Market Place. It is just taking a little time to decide exactly how to break down the sections and get it all in place.

All I can ask is people have a little more patience, and hopefully it will all be implemented in the near future. Don't think we are not aware the FS area is a mess as it is, and we're ignoring it...we're not.

Sounds good :thumb:

chocolate_o_brian 27 February 2011 03:54 PM

:freak3:

Simple, instead of 19 million threads - one thread titled "allsorts for sale, brick-a-brack" - problem solved :D

Does anyone want to take 5 mins and suggest a list of sections within the "for sale" spectrum on here? Or do we all want to moan :lol1:

• For sale general (random crap - but all in one thread not 7 million)
  • For sale Subaru related (split into classic, bugeye, blobeye, hawk, hatch, interchangeable between years)
  • For sale but other cars (like for sale but NSR/other marques)
  • For sale trader/breaking (either traders or someone breaking a car)
Feel free to add and offer constructive advice over just critisism. I'll have to ask what mods get paid on here, I forgot ;)

99greenwagon 27 February 2011 04:21 PM

i think people tend to get a bit carried away,alright,there are a few cars breaking at the mo but as long as it dosent completely take over then really we have noubt to moan about as many of us will end up buying these broken parts,as long as these breakers are not wacking the prices up on old second hand bits!
we would all certainly have a moan if there were no parts to buy.:D
But when the breakers ads rule the pages and no room for other ads then it becomes ennoying,especially the likes of most of us want to sell an exhaust etc and it dissapears into page 3 within 1 hour. you have to bump it up 3 or 4 times a day otherwise it will never be seen!:rolleyes:

scoobystue 27 February 2011 05:04 PM

i was about to advertise my old wagon for breaking,dont think i'll bother now.

Triple filtered 27 February 2011 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 9906434)
:freak3:

Simple, instead of 19 million threads - one thread titled "allsorts for sale, brick-a-brack" - problem solved :D

Does anyone want to take 5 mins and suggest a list of sections within the "for sale" spectrum on here? Or do we all want to moan :lol1:

• For sale general (random crap - but all in one thread not 7 million)
  • For sale Subaru related (split into classic, bugeye, blobeye, hawk, hatch, interchangeable between years)
  • For sale but other cars (like for sale but NSR/other marques)
  • For sale trader/breaking (either traders or someone breaking a car)
Feel free to add and offer constructive advice over just critisism. I'll have to ask what mods get paid on here, I forgot ;)

+1

and do away with the parts & accessories section.

leecalcars 27 February 2011 08:28 PM

As said above to many perfectly good cars being broken where is the line drawn from enthusiast to money making ?

grahamc 27 February 2011 09:03 PM

What about limiting the number of "active" for sale threads each person can have?

53 27 February 2011 09:17 PM

I think the point is 'Private' For Sale General is now becoming 'Trade' Sale General. It's killing a community of like minded sellers and buyers trading used/new/unwanted parts from their pride and joys. Instead we have wholesale breakers selling parts of inconsistent/unknown quality at prices based on preferential business delivery that normal people can't compete with :)