ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   A Plan Insurance??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/874499-a-plan-insurance.html)

V555MAC 22 February 2011 11:35 AM

A Plan Insurance???

Has anybody else had problems with this insurance company?. I sent an email request for a quote, heard nothing so phoned them and gave them all my details, heard nothing, so phoned again and was told someone would phone me back, and then today I phone again, and I'm asked for all my details again!!!:mad:

I told them I was'nt interested in a quote after all the hassle, if they can't deal with a quote, what chance dealing with a claim!!

Can anybody recommend a quality company to use?

I normally go with performance direct, but my renewal has gone up by £200 with no change in details since last year!!:eek:

Zaim 22 February 2011 11:42 AM

I'd try and stick it out with A-Plan. Your experience is not dis-similiar to my own but it was well worth holding out as they got me fully comp for less than my 3rd PFT quote. I've seen them post on here a few times so your post may get them to contact you through here.

When I first contacted them they couldn't find a 2004 WRX wagon, telling me first it wasn't made and then secondly it was an import when it's not. Then I had to do all the chasing along with the infamous call back but, as above, the quote I got was unbeatable and I have heard pretty good things about them on here.

My impression is like all companies there are some really good people who work for them and some people who don't give two poo's.

SpecDscooby 22 February 2011 12:18 PM

I used to live on the same road as they are Based in Thatcham, Berkshire.

I was insured with them in my first ever car a mini 1000cc.....i blacked the windows out with that film sh1t, and clearly while bored they saw me drving past the office and punched me up on the system, noted i never declared this alteration, so phoned my house and told me i was no longer insured. I called them back stating i was driving to Devon the next day (all true), and could i remove it on my return, they said tough; no insurance, remove it and told me to goto the office to have it inspected when removed and were totally un helpful.

I said i would pay the difference with it declared, they demanded it be removed or no insurance. Pr1cks i thought. I would add this was 16/ 17 years ago, but it left such a bad taste in my mouth i WONT use them again. The best bit.......:

You could say it was my own fault, and i got what i deserved (fair enough, but.....read on) but the icing on the cake was when i renued i asked if i could tint the windows (3 months later) they said YES no problem at all, and it would NOT change my policy. (I never renued with them) A BLATANT case of people with too much time on their hands trying to make my life difficult, even after i offered to pay, also please understand window tints were a rare thing then, so at the time did we (me and my brothers) have any idea we would need to inform the insurance company).

Gary WRX 22 February 2011 12:22 PM

Have you tried speaking to Chris?

He was extremely helpful and called me back after I left a message for him. After we had completed the app he go. Back to me within 30 mins with my quote

ste_brough 22 February 2011 01:20 PM

I'll second that, speak to Chris "who deals with Imprezas" (as I was told lol), he was awesome and got me by far the best quote. I've been insured with a-plan on and off and I have claimed once too, was paid out within a few weeks.

Luckyscoob 22 February 2011 01:38 PM

Gary Moulson ('Moley' on here), at Keith michaels. He's a top bloke and will ge you a good deal.:thumb:

Dougmy06wrx 22 February 2011 01:48 PM

+1 for Keith Michaels. Garry got me a good deal with all mods declared!

Doug

Mifo 22 February 2011 03:44 PM

I found a plan really good, got a deal done in one afternoon with them.
I know theres another company that you have to keep chasing to get a quote and you have to wait about a month to get a call back if at all, which I wont be wasting any more time on.

djwrx 22 February 2011 05:42 PM

unfortuanly all the insurance seems be going up.even on none subaru cars.mines gone up an extra 15 pound a month so just going lump it.tried the comaprison sites and the figures way out of the ballpark.seems we being penalised for "fraudullent claims,whiplash etc and none insured"...being driving 22 years.no convictions,or claims just hit 40..professional driver for a living and still goes up...the country is a joke !!

mervil 22 February 2011 06:14 PM

Im insured with A Plan at the minute but I'll be changing to KM's as I rang Gary and he saved me £200 on my Type R :) protected no claims too ;)

Steve T 22 February 2011 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dougmy06wrx (Post 9896336)

Doug

Me as well on my 05 JDM Sti:luxhello:.

99greenwagon 22 February 2011 07:40 PM

a plan are very good,speak to dan.....top man!

GREGGYG 22 February 2011 09:09 PM

I've been with a-plan for over 5 years with various cars and never had a bad experience, because if i did, i would immediately go elsewhere. Funnily enough, i took out a classic car insurance with Performance Direct only recently, and had to cancel it WITHIN the 14 day cooling off period, and got charged an extortionate and unreasonable amount of £45, so they will never receive my business again. There is also a negative comments website all about them!

deanb1980 22 February 2011 09:19 PM

cant complain against them to be honest beet my renewal quote by over £800 was with adrian flux before and they put my renewal up (even after promises it would go down) to £1898 a plan was £1059.

oh and as the guiness advert says good things come to those that wait

Steve Scooby 22 February 2011 09:48 PM

second year with a plan find them spot on only paying £550 fully comp protected ( 02 wrx) .
just turned 40 last month , finally getting cheap insurance.:lol::lol:

V555MAC 23 February 2011 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Dougmy06wrx (Post 9896336)

Doug

:thumb: Just got a quote of off Garry, excellent deal, all mods and protected no claims. Will be taking out the cover next week. Excellent knowledge and great service!!, this is how insurance quotes should be dealt with!!:thumb:

Top man Garry!!:notworthy:)