ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Virgin Media, grrrrrrrrrr! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/874170-virgin-media-grrrrrrrrrr.html)

alcazar 20 February 2011 02:28 PM

Virgin Media, grrrrrrrrrr!

Just opened a letter telling me how good they are, but MY services due to rise by £1.75 a month and that's with four LESS chennels than I HAD!

I think the time has come for some pressure.

chocolate_o_brian 20 February 2011 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 9892306)
Just opened a letter telling me how good they are, but MY services due to rise by £1.75 a month and that's with four LESS chennels than I HAD!

I think the time has come for some pressure.

Same here, got an email saying service charges were going up and to click on a link to see by how much.

For interwebnets, televizzle and telecommunications it's about £2-3 a month extra. :(

Good job I got a decent deal when negotiating last time. :eek:

Ant 20 February 2011 02:44 PM

i thought all services are going up 75p apart from 50mb broadband so i'm unaffected :D

alcazar 20 February 2011 02:45 PM

How are things, and how is Nat? How long to go?
Beer is here, knives not, didn't get to market:(
Next time;)

chocolate_o_brian 20 February 2011 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 9892343)
How are things, and how is Nat? How long to go?
Beer is here, knives not, didn't get to market:(
Next time;)

Yeah BOOZE :D:D Will pm you.

DYK 20 February 2011 03:14 PM

I noticed that Bravo has gone.Bravo was a great channel,but over the years it just got real pants,Travel Sick was one of my fav programs on Bravo.

:lol1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pxa_Se8y_8

pimmo2000 20 February 2011 03:52 PM

If you're out of contract call up and get something sorted ..

ALi-B 20 February 2011 04:41 PM

As above.

The alterantive is freeview or $ky. I'd rather stick with Virgin, ta. ;)

Mus 20 February 2011 05:17 PM

virgin have given me such a bad service lately that I have sky coming round next week. I'm only going to keep the virgin Internet and that's it.

my94wrx 20 February 2011 06:02 PM

virgin have been terrible lately with there incorrect, bills poor conduct from the call centres, over the past month i have spoken to 2 decent people there WHO actually listen even then one of them ****ed up and didnt update the system, the rest shouldn't be working there.

DYK 20 February 2011 06:12 PM

I didn't realise until i just looked over things,that virgin charge you for dialing 1471

internet is going up 75 pence
virgin tv are adding a £1.00 to the TV
and 75 pence is being added to line rental.
According to the letter i had from them these are the extra charges.

Also that talk unlimited isn't really free because they charge £8.00 just for having it...

pimmo2000 20 February 2011 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by my94wrx (Post 9892679)
virgin have been terrible lately with there incorrect, bills poor conduct from the call centres, over the past month i have spoken to 2 decent people there WHO actually listen even then one of them ****ed up and didnt update the system, the rest shouldn't be working there.

:Suspiciou

ALi-B 20 February 2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 9893037)

Look like they've cloned you. :D

Hysteria1983 20 February 2011 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 9893037)

You looking about for those shady Virgin Media scum?

They are a right bunch of tossers!

Anyone would think they give away brand new v+ boxes when your standard one packs up. And to think they could even be there in less than 48 hours.

It's shocking to think that someone out there might actually be getting a good service from Virgin Media.

my94wrx 20 February 2011 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 9893106)

Anyone would think they give away brand new v+ boxes when your standard one packs up. And to think they could even be there in less than 48 hours.

It's shocking to think that someone out there might actually be getting a good service from Virgin Media.

i take it you have been messed around as well?

Hysteria1983 20 February 2011 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by my94wrx (Post 9893337)
i take it you have been messed around as well?

Quite the opposite.

sarasquares 20 February 2011 09:56 PM

I managed to get free caller display and i pay £2 a month to get some 08 numbers free. I also got a free router :thumb:

Then, i managed to cancel my virgin mobile contract 4 months early £18 a month 300 minutes and now have a rolling sim deal £10 a month 800 minutes unlimited text and data. I am more than happy.

I also get a £24 a month Loyalty Discount.

Its not always been great being a VM customer but i have no problem atm, very happy. :D

chocolate_o_brian 20 February 2011 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 9893447)
I managed to get free caller display and i pay £2 a month to get some 08 numbers free. I also got a free router :thumb:

Then, i managed to cancel my virgin mobile contract 4 months early £18 a month 300 minutes and now have a rolling sim deal £10 a month 800 minutes unlimited text and data. I am more than happy.

I also get a £24 a month Loyalty Discount.

Its not always been great being a VM customer but i have no problem atm, very happy. :D

I get one of them "loyalty" discount things - is it bollocks, more a haggling discount :lol1: About £30 here after hard bargaining :norty:

albob 20 February 2011 10:09 PM

Sara -- how did you get the caller display for free ??? (is it worth just asking??)

Oh -- and welcome back :)

sarasquares 20 February 2011 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 9893485)
I get one of them "loyalty" discount things - is it bollocks, more a haggling discount :lol1: About £30 here after hard bargaining :norty:

I have had mine for years, it made me feel special, just like getting 001 you are special, lucky number thing that came through the door. That Tivo thing lol. Have you registered? :lol1:

Originally Posted by albob (Post 9893495)
Sara -- how did you get the caller display for free ??? (is it worth just asking??)

Oh -- and welcome back :)

I heard whispers it was out there if your area supports it. I have paid for it since i was with NTL and call waiting. I told them i had heard its free for some and i wanted it. I asked for a free Tivo as i was so special and they offered me the router as well. I knew i was nt going to get a Tivo anyway so i was chuffed. :D

As soon as i get my car back i am off again but thanks all the same......I can just see the scramble to hurry up and find my car. :p

pimmo2000 21 February 2011 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 9893106)

:poke:some of them are ok ..:D