ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Parcel Force issue (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/873480-parcel-force-issue.html)

ScoobLou 15 February 2011 06:39 PM

Parcel Force issue

Ordered a freesat box at the weekend. Due to be delivered today at my work address.

Hadn't had anything by 6 pm so just tracked the parcel and it had been delivered at 10 am this morning and signed for by someone called S Butcher!

No-one called S Butcher works at my company.

Have double checked the address I gave them and its correct and also it has my name on the parcel so whoever this S Butcher is should have known it wasn't for them.

Anyone had this before? am I screwed? How do I prove I never got the parcel?

Maz 15 February 2011 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobLou (Post 9883430)
Ordered a freesat box at the weekend. Due to be delivered today at my work address.

Hadn't had anything by 6 pm so just tracked the parcel and it had been delivered at 10 am this morning and signed for by someone called S Butcher!

No-one called S Butcher works at my company.

Have double checked the address I gave them and its correct and also it has my name on the parcel so whoever this S Butcher is should have known it wasn't for them.

Anyone had this before? am I screwed? How do I prove I never got the parcel?

Surely the fact you've not signed for it is proof. How can they claim you've got it when someone else has signed for it?!

f1_fan 15 February 2011 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 9883478)
Surely the fact you've not signed for it is proof. How can they claim you've got it when someone else has signed for it?!

Because of some tosh about them only having to get a signature not your signature.

Happened to me with a wireless router a few years ago. Argued till I was blue in the face yet neither the company who sent it (whose responsibility it was to deliver me my order IMO) or Parcel Force would accept any responsibility. It was as far as they were concerned 'delivered'. Got legal advice and was told I would probably lose. :(

Maz 15 February 2011 07:05 PM

That's a sad state of affairs. So any Tom, Dick or Harriet could sign for something not intended for them and keep it. What's even worse Lou is that there is someone within your company who is a thieving lowlife! Hope you find out who it is and deal with them accordingly.

ScoobLou 15 February 2011 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 9883502)
That's a sad state of affairs. So any Tom, Dick or Harriet could sign for something not intended for them and keep it. What's even worse Lou is that there is someone within your company who is a thieving lowlife! Hope you find out who it is and deal with them accordingly.

Hiya

No definitely not someone in the company. We are not a big firm only about 20 staff.

I will demand to speak to the driver and he can explain how you get into our building and where reception is. Its quite unique.

Not letting this drop, over £100 to lose!

The Rig 15 February 2011 08:07 PM

Had the same issue with royal mail signed for.

the depot etc dont give a monkeys

mine turned out to be the loody delievry guy had signed for it,yet hadnt delivered it,so online it said delivered.
it was then delivered the next day after i phoned the depot/main number etc

law onto themselves good luck tho

ScoobLou 15 February 2011 08:53 PM

Sounds like I don't have a leg to stand on.
:(

f1_fan 15 February 2011 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobLou (Post 9883824)

Give it a go anyway as you never know. You may get to speak to the one decent person that works there. Have to admit I was stunned at the lack of interest or empathy when I contacted them. They really could not care less.

Leslie 16 February 2011 02:03 PM

I think that is really bad. Could even have been the delivery man who signed for it and made off with it.

I think you have to keep on at the company and get them to verify the signature as belonging to no one at your workplace etc and if necessary threaten them with the small claims court.

Les

PaulC72 16 February 2011 02:11 PM

Did you buy it on your credit card? can you not use that to get your money back?

ALi-B 16 February 2011 02:14 PM

Worth going asking about next door or at neighbouring businesses.

In our case, the delivery driver was utterly blind and missed the 30ft wide sign with our business name on it and so tried to deliver stuff to the business next door.

In our case the business next door refuses to accept deliveries, so I had £500 worth of NAS boxes on next business day delivery going walkabouts, to be finally be dumped at a post office 10miles away (there is main branch 1 mile down the road :mad: ).

My complaint via this eff-up resulted in the sender stopping their contract with Parcel Farce (quite rightly) and using another courrier.

ChrisB 16 February 2011 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobLou (Post 9883824)

Did you order it from a business (eg Amazon)?

Your contract for the purchase of the item is with the supplier. They have a contract with the courier to deliver it. If the courier has cocked up, it's the supplier's problem, not yours.

Tell the supplier the goods have not been delivered. If you paid on CC, speak to the card company and dispute the charge with them.

The Zohan 16 February 2011 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisB (Post 9885165)
Did you order it from a business (eg Amazon)?

Your contract for the purchase of the item is with the supplier. They have a contract with the courier to deliver it. If the courier has cocked up, it's the supplier's problem, not yours.

Tell the supplier the goods have not been delivered. If you paid on CC, speak to the card company and dispute the charge with them.

+1

Leslie 16 February 2011 03:11 PM

Sounds good to me.

Les

JAutos 16 February 2011 03:13 PM

i had a similar thing with hdnl through parcels2go, got fobbed off repeatedly so i got my sister who has a law degree to email them on my behalf, they paid up within 2 days

David Lock 16 February 2011 03:47 PM

I know it would take more time but there should be an option for a parcel to be delivered to a main PO or sorting office to be collected by the actual addressee who needs to provide identity. Postcard to be delivered saying parcel for collection at xxx.

Present system is a joke.

dl