ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   classic or blob? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/873420-classic-or-blob.html)

jamielove69 15 February 2011 10:56 AM

classic or blob?

im debating on selling my classic STI for a blob eye STI... Is it such a good idea?

OcTag3n 15 February 2011 11:07 AM

V5/6 Type R - Unless you can afford the 22B?

IMO :D

OcTag3n 15 February 2011 11:08 AM

Seriously though I would keep your STI, the blobs are ugly.

rickya 15 February 2011 11:09 AM

Just sold my Ver6 TypeR last week & bought a JDM Sti 9 Blob.
Best decesion I ever made with Subarus. Though it all depends on what you use the car for & your everyday needs.

EddScott 15 February 2011 11:21 AM

Weekend car - classic

Daily car - latest newage STI you can afford.

Thats my opinion anyways :)

jamielove69 15 February 2011 11:24 AM

im more worried about rust to be honest. The type r is built to handle more power isnt it? Gearbox etc

OcTag3n 15 February 2011 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 9882709)
Best decesion I ever made with Subarus. Though it all depends on what you use the car for & your everyday needs.

True. I do less than 2000 miles a year in the scoob & I use a Focus diesel for everyday use.

I've owned 3 Imprezas & the type R is by far my favourite. I test drove a UK STI blob but it didn't convince me enough to buy one, I was a bit disappointed with the blob to be honest, I expected more.

Mifo 15 February 2011 12:01 PM

Get a jdm sti blobeye , best ones to get.

stuart148 15 February 2011 12:22 PM

iv went form a v5 sti type r to a wr1 , now back in a p1 ;-)

stu

oobyJu 15 February 2011 02:07 PM

luv my blob

some say blobs are ugly others say everything except blobs are bland/ugly/ugly/hideous, admit bugs are growing on me though but one thing no-one has mentioned is a classic is an encap 2 star a blob is a 4 star i know which i'd rather drive and do (blob in pearl black small spoiler) and have lost count of the times random joe public inc some gorgeous women ( hell yeah bonnet bit low front wing fine :luvlove:) have come up to me and said it's the first impreza they have liked, have also heard ugly,boy racer,chav motor but also classy and even "pure sex" lol.
The chassis are stiffer than a classic too so can fit coilovers without a real need for rollcage/braces but fair bit heavier because of that. The guy i bought mine from has a type r now which is vicious but still looks at mine and wishes he'd not sold it so choose carefully and i l hope it all turns out ok anyway happy hunting!

MattyB1983 15 February 2011 07:20 PM

Classic everytime for me, especially if you don't use it everyday. Spend a few quid on your car, you'll fall in love with it all over again.

jamielove69 15 February 2011 07:37 PM

mines got forged pistons, sti9 rods, simtek ecu, decat, nur spec type r exhaust. none of which are fitted as the head gasket has gone atm. but with fmic and 720's and uprated crank i could get close to 400bhp. the thing is, its gona cost £4k to get all this done. but the my gearbox will go which will cost another £2k for a decent one then theres the clutch.... i could pump all the money in2 a blobeye even if they dont look as beastly.

Steve T 15 February 2011 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mifo (Post 9882782)
Get a jdm sti blobeye , best ones to get.

:thumb:

KAS35RSTI 15 February 2011 07:43 PM

I thought i would never say this but i would go newage all day long.

rickya 15 February 2011 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by jamielove69 (Post 9883605)
mines got forged pistons, sti9 rods, simtek ecu, decat, nur spec type r exhaust. none of which are fitted as the head gasket has gone atm. but with fmic and 720's and uprated crank i could get close to 400bhp. the thing is, its gona cost £4k to get all this done. but the my gearbox will go which will cost another £2k for a decent one then theres the clutch.... i could pump all the money in2 a blobeye even if they dont look as beastly.

Get a JDM Blob & if your that worried about looks, for approx £1.5k you could stick on the Hawkeye front wings, bonnet, lights & grill!

KAS35RSTI 15 February 2011 08:04 PM

Blobs look beautiful man, even more better in grey.

g7prs 15 February 2011 08:06 PM

If I was doing it all again it would be a jdm blob sti or spec c!

jamielove69 15 February 2011 08:15 PM

so if someone is selling a blobeye STI... how would i no if its jdm or not?

scoobeenut 15 February 2011 08:19 PM

Blobeye all the way. Classics starting to look dated now.

rickya 15 February 2011 08:21 PM

Rear wiper; Red sweeping dials; Water spray; & most importantly Vin no starting with GDB then just a few numbers. Im sure Tony will fill in the blanks!

topshot 15 February 2011 09:05 PM

Classic, blob is ugly and heavy.

scottwootton 15 February 2011 09:21 PM

Blob for me, it may be a bit heavier but thats not such a bad thing! feels solid and planted.
but still goes like stink!!

stuart148 15 February 2011 09:28 PM

now i rate the classic over my wr1 any day

stu

stevie1982 16 February 2011 09:36 AM

Had both a well modded p1 and sold it for a mk1 type 25, call me mad but unsold the type 25 and bought another modded classic. Found them to be more thrilling over the blob sti don't get me wrong they are great cars but it never but the smile on my face that my old p1 did. Would i have another newage sti, yes i would but this time a hawkeye as ive not had one yet but if the right classic turned up would it sway my decision, I'm sorry to say i think it would

TonyBurns 16 February 2011 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 9882709)

Hey where are the pics? ;):D:thumb:

Tony:D

rickya 16 February 2011 01:42 PM

Dont seem to have a dry day when I can give it a good clean! :(
Hopefully this weekend a good wash; clay & wax :)

JAutos 16 February 2011 01:50 PM

Thew bugeye is the new classic lol, getting a little older now but in my opinion an awsome car, ive had classics and my current bugeye and prefere the bug all day long, and you can make a bug look beastly lol. Il add pictures when mine is finished as im painting it pearl white and anthracite,(with the right colour schemes they look about a beastly as you can get)

Originally Posted by jamielove69 (Post 9883605)