ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Anybody here owned R835KCD (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/873252-anybody-here-owned-r835kcd.html)

mnpr4 14 February 2011 12:11 PM

Anybody here owned R835KCD

Hello all, I am new to the site and found a lot of helpful tips as this is my first scooby. It's a 2000 turbo 4wd wagon in green. Year 1998 with 80000 miles on the clock with full service history.

My issue is that, the cambelt has been replaced at around 25000 miles and no record of another after that. 25k replacement was done back in 2001. So I am sure it was done again. So if anybody here owned it or know about this car, please let me know.

I am going to get the belt done asap unless the previous owner can tell me otherwise. Also need to change the oil as it was done at 66k. What oil do you guys use? I will do the oil and filter change myself. Is there anything else I should look for while I am doing the service?

Thank you
Malin

TonyBurns 14 February 2011 12:31 PM

Nope dont know that car but if the last time the cambelt was changed was 10 years back and the interval for your year of car is every 3 years I would seriously suggest that its changed immediately or you could end up with a bill for a new engine :(
Oil will be a 10w40 semi synthetic, read up about it before you do your own, personally i would get it done the same time your cambelts being changed.

Tony:)

stevie1982 14 February 2011 04:46 PM

Personally I don't know the car and would also leave it alone due to the sounds of it, it has not been looked after, no belt change, oil last done at 66k! At at a guess it's been driven and if some thing is broken then it gets fixed and if it's on it's way but still works it's been left as is until it brakes (kind of attitude) and that would put me right off but it's your money

You may end up having to spend alot of cash keeping it on the road, there are plenty for sale so I personally would keep looking

The Zohan 14 February 2011 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by stevie1982 (Post 9881294)
Personally I don't know the car and would also leave it alone due to the sounds of it, it has not been looked after, no belt change, oil last done at 66k! At at a guess it's been driven and if some thing is broken then it gets fixed and if it's on it's way but still works it's been left as is until it brakes (kind of attitude) and that would put me right off but it's your money

You may end up having to spend alot of cash keeping it on the road, there are plenty for sale so I personally would keep looking

AS STEVE SAYS - LEAVE WELL ALONE AND KEEP LOOKING - BUYERS MARKET!

stevie1982 14 February 2011 04:58 PM

I would consider something more like this (as not knowing the spec of the one you are looking at)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2494096.htm

seems to be well looked after, its a face lift, recent service and looked after by subaru4you a known tuner

budget dependant of course

Brun 14 February 2011 05:03 PM

Unless i'm missing sommat, the OP already owns the car........

BLU 14 February 2011 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Brun (Post 9881328)
Unless i'm missing sommat, the OP already owns the car........

Yup thats how I read it :lol1:

scott64 14 February 2011 05:23 PM

you need that belt changed ASAP mate:freak3: and 14000 miles since the last oilchange:cuckoo: get that done asap as well these engines realy have to be looked after:D

mnpr4 14 February 2011 06:59 PM

Yes I already own the car. Just finished servicing the car. Put Mobil super 10-40 and changed the filter. Also changed the washer for the sump as standard practise.

Checked the belt kit at eurocarparts, they want £165+Vat. I think that is a good price. So going to change it asap. Thanks for your input guys. Keep them coming. Any tips on looking after these would be appreciated. This is my first turbo car. Had 2 Peugeot 306 gti-6's, 406 coupe 3.0 V6 and previous car was a honda civic vti. Got really fed up with driving the honda as it was not fun. The 306 however was a very capable car.