ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/middlesex-subaru-owners-club-434/)
-   -   MSOC Non-MLR Boys Weekend out (https://www.scoobynet.com/middlesex-subaru-owners-club-434/871629-msoc-non-mlr-boys-weekend-out.html)

JonMc 04 February 2011 10:37 PM

MSOC Non-MLR Weekend out

Given the non-event that this years MLR is Ricky has suggested we do something as a bit of an away weekend. I think it should not be driving related, as Ricky says maybe paintballing, or even mountain biking or similar. Find a campsite, cheap B&B, have a meal and a few beers but avoiding the summer hols as people will be away. If you're interested add you name and I'll research some options (assuming my current camping holiday doesn't happen:wonder:)

1. Maggy
2. Shiver
3. P1Daveyboy
4. Ricky
5. JonMc

rickya 04 February 2011 10:41 PM

Good call on non driving & more outdoor activities / adventure. I'm sure the drive up there should be entertaining enough! :)

ps John you might want to change that to boys & gals before you get a telling off from Jackie!! lol

JonMc 04 February 2011 11:23 PM

If you are up for a bit of Mountain Biking there's quite a few runs go from here including the Red Bull Run and the Karrimor Run. Because this is used quite a bit by the military there are shops within about 30 minutes of here (Betws-y-coed) that I can get some discount at. Bike hire last time I was up that way was about a tenner a head and the runs are free:D

http://mbwales.com/en/content/cms/ce..._y_brenin.aspx

There is also a Navy Lodge in Bethesda that I might be able to get as accommodation:norty:

little'un 06 February 2011 12:49 AM

What no spa weekend! :Whatever_
:D

Budgie 06 February 2011 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by little'un (Post 9864456)
What no spa francorchamps weekend! :Whatever_
:D

EFA good idea Lins;)

M444GY 06 February 2011 04:30 PM

lol im up for anything :D car or non car related , we will have to get together and discuss what the options are

mags

stephen beynon 06 February 2011 05:36 PM

Given the non-event that this years MLR is Ricky has suggested we do something as a bit of an away weekend. I think it should not be driving related, as Ricky says maybe paintballing, or even mountain biking or similar. Find a campsite, cheap B&B, have a meal and a few beers but avoiding the summer hols as people will be away. If you're interested add you name and I'll research some options (assuming my current camping holiday doesn't happen:wonder:)

1. Maggy
2. Shiver
3. P1Daveyboy
4. Ricky
5. JonMc
6. stephen beynon

Nurse Gladys 07 February 2011 12:16 PM

Just found this on internet - not been there but lots to do - including papmering for the ladies!!! :D

http://www.mountainmayhem.com/index.html

rickya 07 February 2011 12:53 PM

Just to clarify this is going to be an event open to families as well, not just a boys weeked! Title will be edited in due course- cheers John :)

We will try & find a destination that we can all agree on & hopefully something with some activities close by if people want to do them. These outdoor activities e.g. mountain biking; trekking, etc are optional so whoever wants to do those can do & if others want to do something more relaxing thats up to them. It would be nice to find somewhere that does have things close by for youngsters too as I will be bringing my 4 year old & John's kids are a little older & we also have our resident baby to consider too: Guv, who will need to be tucked in bed by 9pm!! lololol :D:D

ps Essex Scooby Crew also Welcome, though we will have to bring up our last year's win at the MLR2010 up at some point during the weekend!!

Nurse Gladys 07 February 2011 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 9867145)
Just to clarify this is going to be an event open to families as well, not just a boys weeked! Title will be edited in due course- cheers John :)

We will try & find a destination that we can all agree on & hopefully something with some activities close by if people want to do them. These outdoor activities e.g. mountain biking; trekking, etc are optional so whoever wants to do those can do & if others want to do something more relaxing thats up to them. It would be nice to find somewhere that does have things close by for youngsters too as I will be bringing my 4 year old & John's kids are a little older & we also have our resident baby to consider too: Guv, who will need to be tucked in bed by 9pm!! lololol :D:D

ps Essex Scooby Crew also Welcome, though we will have to bring up our last year's win at the MLR2010 up at some point during the weekend!!

Sounds good - but don't forget Budgies win at the F1 too!!

But did you know we won the MLR before you & Scott (ESC) is the karting champ!! :thumb::D

JonMc 07 February 2011 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 9867145)

Ricky, I can't edit the title, it needs an interjection from the Mods.

Mods - can you please retitle this thread to read MSOC Non-MLR Weekend Away