ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Standard Recirculating DUMP VALVE back on. What a DIFFERENCE !!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/871441-standard-recirculating-dump-valve-back-on-what-a-difference.html)

ScoobyForLife27 03 February 2011 08:42 PM

Standard Recirculating DUMP VALVE back on. What a DIFFERENCE !!!

Hi Guys I've just fitted standard Recirculating Dump Valve on my Classic V2 STI (was running Bailey's, which was fitted when bought my car) and the difference is MASSIVE !!! Car is running much better now, smoother, and turbo spools quicker !!! I feel really sorry that didn't do it straight after bought the car. I can strongly reccommend to all scooby owners running aftermarket DV's - put your standard DV back on !!!

Talking Dog 03 February 2011 08:47 PM

I'm very interested in this as I bought my car with a forge ( chav noise bugger) Not knowing any different and making do with as is, I'm tempted to convert.

I dont know where to get one from or the cost to install.

V5RLTD 03 February 2011 08:48 PM

Had similar when i swopped my ssqv for a forge re-circ, so much nicer to drive.

IainMilford 03 February 2011 08:51 PM

I found a recirc to be better than a vta too

Moley 03 February 2011 08:52 PM

Agree with the OP

When i bought my Classic it had a VTA dump value fitted. After a few months i put a standard re-circ on it, and was amazed how much better it was.

That said, my Newage had a VTA when i bought it, so i swapped it back to standard, but didn't notice a difference, so not sure it it's a Classic thing maybe?

Stevesbluewrx 03 February 2011 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by IainMilford (Post 9859946)
I found a recirc to be better than a vta too

+1

I am now running DV delete which is nicer.

Steve

darms 03 February 2011 08:56 PM

reverted back to my standard one after a year of using a HKS SSQV. Never looked back since :D

Talking Dog 03 February 2011 08:58 PM

I've found with a non recirc that if boost passes 0.01 and you change gear you hit the churrping noise.. which to me indicates that there a tolerance for error.. = error.

ScoobyForLife27 03 February 2011 09:00 PM

People says that aftermarket Dump valves will work fine only if ECU is mapped for it. So other words if your car hasn't been mapped stick with standard DV.
To re-fit standard one it is about 10 mins job ( only if you still have old pipe work ). If you don't have it, you'll have to buy 90 degrees elbow joint and approx 7cm of rubber or silicone hose to fit everything back on.

andythejock01wrx 03 February 2011 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 9859949)
Agree with the OP

When i bought my Classic it had a VTA dump value fitted. After a few months i put a standard re-circ on it, and was amazed how much better it was.

That said, my Newage had a VTA when i bought it, so i swapped it back to standard, but didn't notice a difference, so not sure it it's a Classic thing maybe?

Yup, I took the Baileys Irish Cream off my Newage and didn't notice much difference ... apart from not sounding absurd that is!

Waits for someone to come on and complain about us "auld grannies" that don't like VTAs! :lol1:

subaruian 03 February 2011 09:46 PM

classic+ baileys= s**t running baileys is worst dv for a classic!!!!! stick to oem lol dont know bout newage as never owend one

ian:)

steve-s 03 February 2011 10:18 PM

My car don't like the aftermarket duel port recirc valve either, which is supposed to stop the problems its causing

The Rig 03 February 2011 10:21 PM

Oh Give over, cant beat the megasonic kabooom off throttle LOL

Dont like the sleeper mode,i have a turbo,I let the world know it :-)

<Yes,i have a small penis ;)>

Talking Dog 03 February 2011 10:22 PM

Then I guess the old BOV is good for telling BWM's ... they've been ownd

martin850 04 February 2011 09:54 AM

I also have a baileys but on my bugeye. I did try the standard recirc valve and found no difference at all so put the baileys back on as I like the noice, and no I'm not a Chav :thumb:

I do have to agree though that the baileys is rubbish and am looking to replace it with an SSQV. Have had one on each of my previous scoobies and can't fault them :thumb:

f1_fan 04 February 2011 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by martin850 (Post 9860696)
I also have a baileys but on my bugeye. I did try the standard recirc valve and found no difference at all so put the baileys back on as I like the noice, and no I'm not a Chav :thumb:

I do have to agree though that the baileys is rubbish and am looking to replace it with an SSQV. Have had one on each of my previous scoobies and can't fault them :thumb:

That post doesn't make sense. The Baileys is the same as the recirc, but the Baileys is rubbish :confused:

As for the rest of the thread I have been telling people to put the recirc back on for years and even got some space cadet taking a pop at me on here about it a few months back LOL!

martin850 04 February 2011 11:57 AM

I meant that compared to other vta valves the baileys is rubbish hence why I want an HKS.

As for the standard recirc compared to the baileys ,I found no difference in how the engine ran or how the power was delivered.

It was a half asleep post sorry that it wasn't very clear :thumb:

V555MAC 04 February 2011 12:13 PM

Re-circ or bov delete is the way forward!!!!!:norty:

Had a Baileys on mine when I got it, what a pile, made the car hesitant and idle badly, and all with a chavtastic sound:cuckoo::cry:

ALi-B 04 February 2011 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9860739)

As for the rest of the thread I have been telling people to put the recirc back on for years and even got some space cadet taking a pop at me on here about it a few months back LOL!

Its not like we had no good reason. ;) Still, people like to learn the hard way (or the slow way).

I wonder how many people with aftermarket dump valves have actually adjusted them? Or even know how to adjust them and set them up correctly?

Bet 99% haven't. Which just makes it worse.

bern11 04 February 2011 12:50 PM

I bought a HKS SSQV and had it on for 3 days,sounded ridiculous and the car drove like crap :Suspiciou
Never used an after market one since :thumb:

ScoobyForLife27 04 February 2011 01:05 PM

F1 fan,
How can you say that Bailey's is same as Recirculating DV when Baileys is VTA ?
Hmmm so you're saying that Recirculating and vent to atmosphere is the same thing ???
As far as I know, it is NOT !

f1_fan 04 February 2011 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyForLife27 (Post 9860993)
F1 fan,
How can you say that Bailey's is same as Recirculating DV when Baileys is VTA ?
Hmmm so you're saying that Recirculating and vent to atmosphere is the same thing ???
As far as I know, it is NOT !

Er hang on a sec, I was saying that was what martin850 implied by his post, not what I think! That was why I quoted his post. It's how forums work ;) :D

He said he put the recirc back on but could tell no difference so reverted to the Baileys and then he went on to say the Baileys is rubbish... my starement was what I implied from the first part of his post and how the second part then made no sense.

Sorry for the confusion ;)

f1_fan 04 February 2011 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by martin850 (Post 9860873)
I meant that compared to other vta valves the baileys is rubbish hence why I want an HKS.

As for the standard recirc compared to the baileys ,I found no difference in how the engine ran or how the power was delivered.

It was a half asleep post sorry that it wasn't very clear :thumb:

No worries :thumb:

Frosticles 04 February 2011 01:23 PM

Had a HKS thing on mine when I bought it. Took it off as soon as I got it home. Stooooooooooooooopid thing it was.

Tyler 1 04 February 2011 03:13 PM

To be fair i have never had a aftermarket DV and have not ever been intersted in one, always have had the standard Recirculating dv.... :thumb:

Would love to delete DV but have been told the the VF28's dont like it... Gutted... :(

ScoobyForLife27 04 February 2011 03:43 PM

That's OK F1, no offence :-) My bad, I didn't read the whole post.

markjmd 04 February 2011 06:39 PM

For the record, Baileys do also make recirc dump-valves, although none that will fit a scoob without a fair bit of creative pipework.

Steve T 04 February 2011 06:44 PM

My newage 05 Jdm Sti runs a lot better since going back to the standard recirculating dump valve. Steve.:thumb:

Norman Dog 04 February 2011 07:00 PM

Mine was mapped with the DV on, it's a hybrid which means you can set it to full VTA/recirc or anywhere in between, would I have any issues reverting to the oem item? :wonder:

IainMilford 06 February 2011 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Norman Dog (Post 9861579)
Mine was mapped with the DV on, it's a hybrid which means you can set it to full VTA/recirc or anywhere in between, would I have any issues reverting to the oem item? :wonder:

no you'll be fine, mine was mapped with a vta on but I swapped back to a recirc with no issues :thumb: