ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   "Tried to contact you ...." letter from bank. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/870203-tried-to-contact-you-letter-from-bank.html)

hutton_d 27 January 2011 11:49 AM

"Tried to contact you ...." letter from bank.

Got a letter last week from the bank. 'We tried to contact you about your account ...... please ring XXXX on 0845 ..... blah blah'. I did so, noone answered at the branch so online banking picked the call up. They said they'd send a message (presumably an email). That was Thursday. No call by Saturday, not that I was losing sleep over it as they were the ones trying to contact me and the account was fine (in that it had plenty of money in it), so I sent them a letter 'cos I thought they were a little cheeky with their's, to the effect:

a) give me a geographic number to call - so I don't pay
b) they obviously didn't try very hard to reach me as, for the last couple of weeks, there has been someone in almost all day.
c) it would be useful to put some information in the letter as to *why* they actually wanted me to call
d) if they called out of the blue I wouldn't give them any information anyway. As in 'xxx bank here. Can you confirm your account details ...' Yeah right.

Anyhow, today I get the exact same letter as last week but with a different name on it. This time with a mobile number. I ring and ..... answering machine. So I left a message as above.

So, being Mr 'P!55ed off with stupid companies' I thought I should write to my branch manager with details of a password (maybe a different on each day!), PIN number and security question they should have to answer before I'd speak to them. Anyone done this ...?? :D

Dave

fivetide 27 January 2011 11:58 AM

Sales call. Trust me! Had a few in the past. Usually trying to get you to take out an ISA or something.

5t.

alcazar 27 January 2011 12:13 PM

I hate it when the bank rings me, then starts wanting to test my security:rolleyes:

Helllooooooo? YOU rang ME? I'm not giving out the answers to ANY security questions to someone who rang ME.

Also last week my lad's bank, the infamous LloydsTSB rang him, he needed to make a payment. He agreed to do so and WANTED to pay £35, no, they would only accept £27 as that was what he owed:rolleyes:

Off they went, then it turns out they can't accept it anyway, technical hitch.:mad:

NEXT DAY, they are ringing him again asking why he hasn't made the payment.

Hellloooooo? YOU couldn't accept it?:mad:

And then they wonder why they get told to fek off. And 90% of the population hate them.

ALi-B 27 January 2011 12:34 PM

I usually get those letter when I've just deposited a large sum of money in the current account (i.e from selling a car etc).

I'm on Lloyds private banking now.....no call centres, direct acess to a human who can actually sort things out at the drop of a hat. Thank fook.

Still need to go through call centres for the credit card though..."would you like payment protection sir?" For the last time....NO! :mad:

Dingdongler 27 January 2011 03:15 PM

[quote=alcazar;9845951]I hate it when the bank rings me, then starts wanting to test my security:rolleyes:

Helllooooooo? YOU rang ME? I'm not giving out the answers to ANY security questions to someone who rang ME.

Also last week my lad's bank, the infamous LloydsTSB rang him, he needed to make a payment. He agreed to do so and WANTED to pay £35, no, they would only accept £27 as that was what he owed:rolleyes:

Off they went, then it turns out they can't accept it anyway, technical hitch.:mad:

NEXT DAY, they are ringing him again asking why he hasn't made the payment.

Hellloooooo? YOU couldn't accept it?:mad:

And then they wonder why they get told to fek off. And 90% of the population hate them.[/quote]

Agreed, this is the most stupid system/idea in the world. A random person rings me and then asks me to confirm my identity! Fook right off, you've just rung me you confirm your identity! It usually is the bank and they do have this system in place but I always tell them to bugger off and develop a new system:mad:

zip106 27 January 2011 03:23 PM

Mr Dongler,

This is your bank.
Please PM me your account details.

Thank you.

:)

BOB.T 27 January 2011 03:46 PM

I'm with Lloyds, every year they ring to get me to go in and review my account. Why? My wage goes in, and is swiftly depleted, unless they have an account that tops itself up I fail to see how it can be bettered?!

A bint rang the other night, really pushy and wanted to know when I could go in. I said I couldn't be bothered as it's such a waste of time! :D

skoobidude 27 January 2011 04:45 PM

Just bin it mate. They want to offer you a loan

hutton_d 27 January 2011 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by skoobidude (Post 9846337)

Oh, the letters have been binned. I showed willing but the only way I'll contact them about it is a letter as I describe above. Depends how bored I feel this weekend ....

Dave

Lee247 27 January 2011 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by skoobidude (Post 9846337)

Do they do that anymore :wonder:

ALi-B 27 January 2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 9846379)
Do they do that anymore :wonder:

Yes, if you haven't got one already, or 80-90% towards the end of a current one without defaulting.

Lee247 27 January 2011 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 9846421)
Yes, if you haven't got one already, or 80-90% towards the end of a current one without defaulting.

I haven't and I don't want one, thank you very much :D

Rob Day 27 January 2011 06:04 PM

spam......

bin it mate :thumb:

PaulC72 27 January 2011 07:44 PM

I love reading threads like this :-)

Jamescsti 28 January 2011 02:07 PM

They will want you to have a "premium" account, they sent me letters saying they had tried to conract me which they hadent, i kept binning them, eventually they did ring me to ask why I hadent responded to letters, they arranged for an appointment for a financial review, i told them i wouldn't go, sure enough I didn't go then they started calling me asking why i didn't turn up!
Got to love banks