ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Subaru Parts (https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-parts-451/)
-   -   FTAO Scoobyparts ... (https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-parts-451/869433-ftao-scoobyparts.html)

Terminator X 22 January 2011 03:53 PM

FTAO Scooby Parts ...

Why not group your thousands of for sale threads together :idea:

TX.

prodriverules 22 January 2011 03:54 PM

:lol1:+1 to that mate:thumb:
cluttering up the site.

The Rig 22 January 2011 03:59 PM

True,but on the other hand,the title cant contain all the items and when i see a "job lot bundle" title,i dont neccasarly look at it,but if the title says "classic exhaust" i might etc

swings n roundabouts n all that

Terminator X 22 January 2011 04:02 PM

^^ Do a search for your part then you twonk ;)

TX.

L.J.F 22 January 2011 04:39 PM

I find it annoying when people do multi posts too, maybe these traders should have some kind of store on these forums!

leecalcars 22 January 2011 04:44 PM

Im selling a few bits but not breaking a complete car, so why dont the moderators add a breaking car section to the for sale thread would get rid of all these threads im responsable too we all are but more so thee traders breaking complete cars.

Scooby Parts 22 January 2011 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by The Rig (Post 9836668)
True,but on the other hand,the title cant contain all the items and when i see a "job lot bundle" title,i dont neccasarly look at it,but if the title says "classic exhaust" i might etc

swings n roundabouts n all that

By jove, I think he's got it!!

Plus if Im paying 50 quid a month for AA status (didnt want to but had to) to advertised, surely I'm well within my rights to advertise as much as I want:wonder:

Plus I dont see how its cluttering up the site? What the difference from 1 person advertising 20 different things comparted to 20 different users advertising the same 20 parts?

prodriverules 22 January 2011 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Parts (Post 9836749)

Plus if Im paying 50 quid a month for AA status (didnt want to but had to) to advertised, surely I'm well within my rights to advertise as much as I want:wonder:

To a degree mate but when i came on about an hour ago the hole first page of posts was almost all your parts and im sure you could compress your listing's alittle.?!

Scooby Parts 22 January 2011 05:00 PM

Noted.

L.J.F 22 January 2011 05:08 PM

Plus I dont see how its cluttering up the site? What the difference from 1 person advertising 20 different things comparted to 20 different users advertising the same 20 parts?

Because it becomes really annoying when we are scrolling through 6-7 pages looking for decent upgrades and all you see is people breaking standard cars posting the same old old bits up for sale. fair play you are trying to sell bites and make a trade but i know if i need to replace a part, for eg- speedo. I would scroll through the for sale section til i saw a " breaking bugeye sti" post. As i said in a previous post it would be a lot better if the traders had a section or even a forum shop where it would be easy to locate. I am sure i aint the only person who gets fed up with spending forever scrolling through the for sale section due to traders breaking cars and posting every nut and bolt! :brickwall

P.s. That aint a dig at traders but it is something for the site to consider:)

ghg 22 January 2011 06:00 PM

L.J.F 22 January 2011 06:21 PM

Really?? i take it ebay then? i shall have a looksy:)

L.J.F 22 January 2011 06:29 PM

where did you see them mate?

Cheers

sp00ks 22 January 2011 06:56 PM

I echo the above!

It's unfair on the general traders who are selling more sought after bits (no disrespect against you) but they have too sift through all of your breaking car adverts too find stuff that they are after.

Be good if the for sale section was broken up into either a breakers section or standard parts and modifications

Sp00ks

(flame suit on!)

Terminator X 22 January 2011 07:26 PM

There was a page I saw earlier today where virtually every thread was yours!

TX.

joey_turbo 22 January 2011 07:29 PM

I think there are alot more annoying things going on in the for sale section other than a bloke with a lot of gear.

At least he is not bumping rubbish items 3 times a day, like most people seem to do on there now.

Terminator X 22 January 2011 07:31 PM

^^ He can have thousands of parts for all I care, just keep em to one thread ;)

TX.

joey_turbo 22 January 2011 07:35 PM

But what if you were looking for something specific.
Would you prefer to be able to read a thread title to see if its what you need, or having to PM one of those fools that just state "Got loads of parts" ?
I think its a lot easier the way Scoobyparts has done it.

Olly.Wrx 22 January 2011 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by sp00ks (Post 9837044)
I echo the above!

It's unfair on the general traders who are selling more sought after bits (no disrespect against you) but they have too sift through all of your breaking car adverts too find stuff that they are after.

Be good if the for sale section was broken up into either a breakers section or standard parts and modifications

Sp00ks

(flame suit on!)

That sounds like a good idea to me,having different sections,standard parts or modifications.

P1#1015 22 January 2011 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by joey_turbo (Post 9837099)
I think there are alot more annoying things going on in the for sale section other than a bloke with a lot of gear.

Agree with you 100%

Are we really slating a genuine seller for taking the time to list parts so we can see what they are from the thread title? At very worst you have to hold the scroll down button for a few seconds more :wonder: A seperate section would be a good idea, but at present there isn't one. If you were looking for one of these parts you would be grateful.

Don't know the bloke and I've never bought anything from him but, having read all the threads about people getting ripped off, give a genuine honest seller a break FFS :thumb:

Terminator X 22 January 2011 10:38 PM

I'm not slating him FFS, just pleading for umpteen threads to be grouped together.

TX.

PS

The search button really does work if you want something specific ...

Triple filtered 23 January 2011 11:25 AM

Id prefer different sections for standard and uprated parts but then youre into grey areas again. Where would you put a VF30 turbo? Its a standard part but an upgrade for a classic?

I'll try and group a few of my ads together from now on but if it really bothers you that much, just scroll down and miss them out........or start at page 2