ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   A-Plan Insurance and Scoobynet (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/869277-a-plan-insurance-and-scoobynet.html)

Chris@A-Plan 21 January 2011 04:38 PM

A-Plan Insurance and Scoobynet

Afternoon,

Just a quick email to say a big thanks to everyone who has continued to come to us, stay with us and enquire over the last year.

We are very customer focused and would urge you to call us when your policies are due, we are confident you won't be disappointed with our rates and service.

If you are an existing customer, please call us when your renewal is due, so that we can make sure that we are offering our rates on the most up to date information, as even the smallest of changes may make a favourable difference on your renewal premium!

Thanks again, and speak to you soon.

Chris

NEILB1 23 January 2011 10:11 PM

i am going to be counting on you chris soon, hopfully you will save me money and not add to me current premium of £800 fc with 7 ncb 35 with kwik fit

Mrfastbaz 23 January 2011 10:44 PM

make that 2 of us my insurance with you (a plan) chris is due in march so as i have said before "quote me happy" speak to you soon re the renwal quote no doubt

Chris@A-Plan 24 January 2011 08:48 AM

Thanks guys, speak soon.

Chris

andy_s37 26 January 2011 05:33 PM

Chris,
Can you tell me if you have started covering modified cars in the WA8 area again please? Also do you cover multicar? I have a vectra and a Type R.

Thanks
Andy.

yellowsierra 26 January 2011 06:10 PM

Mines due end of march so i'll be looking for a nice price
02 sti Prodrive, old git,Clean Licence etc, max Ncd,Filter, zort,Remap, 18's.TN8 P/C,My Daughters in Insurance and recons she can get it for around a Monkey so theres your Benchmark Chris

Regards
Ian

Bez300 26 January 2011 09:12 PM

Got my Van and car insured with you,
New van arriving in 2 weeks, so will have to get in touch to change from old van
My Mum even went with you,

Bez

Chris@A-Plan 27 January 2011 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by andy_s37 (Post 9844626)
Chris,
Can you tell me if you have started covering modified cars in the WA8 area again please? Also do you cover multicar? I have a vectra and a Type R.

Thanks
Andy.

Possibly on referral only, and yes we do multi car intros. Its a little hit and miss with WA postcodes at the moment, but will happily do some homework for you when you need a quote.

Regards

Chris

Chris@A-Plan 27 January 2011 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by yellowsierra (Post 9844699)
Mines due end of march so i'll be looking for a nice price
02 sti Prodrive, old git,Clean Licence etc, max Ncd,Filter, zort,Remap, 18's.TN8 P/C,My Daughters in Insurance and recons she can get it for around a Monkey so theres your Benchmark Chris

Regards
Ian

I'll definitely give it a go, give me a call when you get your renewal through.

Regards

Chris

Chris@A-Plan 27 January 2011 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bez300 (Post 9845190)
Got my Van and car insured with you,
New van arriving in 2 weeks, so will have to get in touch to change from old van
My Mum even went with you,

Bez

:thumb:

yellowsierra 27 January 2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Chris@A-Plan (Post 9845762)
I'll definitely give it a go, give me a call when you get your renewal through.

Regards

Chris

Ok, your on, cheers and hopefully cheers again :thumb:

Carlos 1975 28 January 2011 10:58 AM

Cheers Chris

Thanks Chris, for a great price and a great service, it was almost a pleasure parting with my money lol.

AsifScoob 29 January 2011 12:08 AM

Existing customer here. Very happy with both prices and service.

Had all three of my Scoobs insured with A-Plan at one stage, but am down to two now.

Live in West London, but still seem to get a competitive quote from A Plan, compared to what others say they pay.

However, it is when things go wrong which is the measure and I have to say that A-Plan have never let me down. I have moved away from A-Plan in the past, had an accident and really regretted who I was with, as they invariably let me down.

A-Plan all the way.

Keep up the good work.

Asif

PS can I get an even cheaper quote next time because of the free plug? :D

Steve-B 03 February 2011 04:12 PM

Hi Chris,

New opportunity in your Inbox to quote on a 2010 WRX....look forward to speaking soon!

Chris@A-Plan 04 February 2011 08:38 AM

Nothing through just yet?!

Re send it and I can call you!

Regards

Chris

Steve-B 04 February 2011 10:37 AM

Chris I'll call you -- FYI if we fill in the form it asks for local branch, then sends the form to your local branch and NOT you :(

I'll call you around lunch time

Chris@A-Plan 04 February 2011 02:27 PM

Yes, that tends to happen, you are always best calling the number on here, that comes straight through to our branch, and we are the only branch that have all the exclusive schemes to help you.

Unfortunately due to the nature of our "local service" approach, it may be that we don't see the details at all!

So, if you are looking for quotes, please call me on the number below and I will be more than happy to assist.

Regards

Chris

JAutos 04 February 2011 02:59 PM

need a quote also, need a policy for mine. I call you over the next week or so

Chris@A-Plan 04 February 2011 04:24 PM

Perfect, look forward to speaking with you.

Chris

wrx-dave-h 04 February 2011 07:48 PM

spoke to one of your guys this morning, as im already an existing customer, i thought we'd be able to get a decent renewal price for my wrx..........but apparently your no longer able to insure my near standard 2.0 turbo wrx, but will happily insure my 2.5 skyline gts-t with all mods declared, and i now have to find another insurer, not impressed at all

beanys 04 February 2011 08:10 PM

All i can think its down to your post code cos iv just had my renewal for my WRX and its standard
Ring Keith Michaels and ask for Gary Moulson he will sort you

wrx-dave-h 04 February 2011 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by beanys (Post 9861743)
All i can think its down to your post code cos iv just had my renewal for my WRX and its standard
Ring Keith Michaels and ask for Gary Moulson he will sort you

cant see it being the postcode, as they had no problems insuring it last year, and im still living in the same house lol, spoke to gary earlier, and was given a brilliant quote

Chris@A-Plan 07 February 2011 08:32 AM

Who did you speak to? I don't remember speaking to you, so it may have been another branch.

Regards

Chris

lisa_z 08 February 2011 04:51 PM

Just had a quote through for a MY03 Wrx Sti Prodrive (standard car no mods) with A plan £720 is this high??

As the car will actually be slower than my current car which has lots of mods (all declared) and is older and harder to get parts for than a scooby. im curently paying around the £500 mark was £300ish last year it jumped up by £200 :eek:.

yellowsierra 08 February 2011 05:42 PM

Well i have an 02 sti prodrive and my Daughter recons she can get me covered for a monkey as she is in Insurance so that is my Benchmark for anyone to beat next month hint hint

Red Rocket 11166 08 February 2011 05:46 PM

Thanx A-Plan.

A big thanx to Chris & the Guys at A-Plan for sorting me out another good deal. :thumb:

Rgds Red.

Chris@A-Plan 09 February 2011 08:32 AM

No problem! :thumb:

DMX1988 12 February 2011 10:28 PM

This may sound like a daft question but, do you insure other performance cars aswell as subarus? Me and the mrs have a volvo s60 T5 and i would like an impreza seeing astho its my dream car, however quotes of over 6k dont impress me ha ha

I live in Salford, manchester so not the best area for insurance. I had a quote of Admiral for the both the volvo and a 2003 wrx that came to 5370, so compared to what we are currently paying £3500 for the volvo and £2200 for my astra van.

It seems like selling my van and getting my dream car will cost less to insure than 2 seperate policies we currently have. Do you think you could beat that quote? Ime 22 with 3 years no claims and the mrs is 21 with 3 yrs no claims.

Jay

micky finn 12 February 2011 10:58 PM

i never realised we had to call u. I spoke to some 1 last year and they couldnt beat my quote from sky. I will try again end march mate as sounds like i missed a treat.
Ppl must know by now with scoobys it dont matter if the car is worth 50k and is a bmw or something its prob more to insure than a 5k scooby purely for the fact they are wanted for both parts and to order etc. that just makes them more vunerable.

Chris@A-Plan 14 February 2011 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by DMX1988 (Post 9878187)
This may sound like a daft question but, do you insure other performance cars aswell as subarus? Me and the mrs have a volvo s60 T5 and i would like an impreza seeing astho its my dream car, however quotes of over 6k dont impress me ha ha

I live in Salford, manchester so not the best area for insurance. I had a quote of Admiral for the both the volvo and a 2003 wrx that came to 5370, so compared to what we are currently paying £3500 for the volvo and £2200 for my astra van.

It seems like selling my van and getting my dream car will cost less to insure than 2 seperate policies we currently have. Do you think you could beat that quote? Ime 22 with 3 years no claims and the mrs is 21 with 3 yrs no claims.

Jay

Hi Jay,

The postcode will be a bit of a battle as a lot of the schemes are reduced in that area. There is no harm in trying though. If you get a spare 10 minutes give me a call, but you may be best off waiting till you are 25!

Regards

Chris