ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Should I just ignore it ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/868908-should-i-just-ignore-it.html)

DARB 19 January 2011 07:32 AM

Should I just ignore it ??

I've just been chatting to a mate who has recently started a new job, he is working for a guy that lived about ten doors up from us.

He told me they got chatting about when he used to live this way, he was telling my friend about barking dogs that lived next door to him, whilst on the subject of dogs he also mentioned me and told my mate that " there was a guy just down the road that had two white Staffys and they never got walked " :mad:

Well I work nights so my first job when I get home is to walk them, this can be any time between 4:45 and 6:00 depending on overtime worked, so I would be walking them whilst he was tucked up in bed :mad: My partners job means that sometimes she doesnt get home until 10:45 and she walks them then, the field is in the opposite direction to his house so we wouldnt walk past his house whatever the time was :thumb:

This has really wound me up. I know it shouldnt but it has

I was just wondering what my options were

1, nip around to his new house and see what develops lol

2, get his home number and phone him every day at 5:00 to inform him I'm walking the dogs lol

3, Just ignore it and let him carry on telling this **** to people

as options 1 & 2 would probably get my mate into trouble it looks like being option 3, unless I get any good suggestions on here :norty:

thanks for listening, rant over ( for now ) :thumb:

paulwrxboro 19 January 2011 07:53 AM

If this is the biggest worry in your life, i envy you
forget about it its trivial, you gota let the little things go or your head will be messed up

FlightMan 19 January 2011 07:59 AM

How about you worry about your own life, and leave other people to get on with theirs?

If you're really worried about the dogs, ring the RSPCA and let them deal with it.

TonyBurns 19 January 2011 08:01 AM

Take your dogs for a walk as per usual, let em cr@p outside his house, he cant blame you then as you dont take em for walks :lol1:

Tony:D

DARB 19 January 2011 08:02 AM

Its far from the biggest worry in my life but that doesnt mean it didnt wind me up, now if he had said I didnt treat our lass right then that would be fine, but to say I dont walk my dogs is another thing entirely :lol1:

Flightman I think you have read the story wrong!! or I've mis-understood your comment :thumb:

SJ_Skyline 19 January 2011 08:03 AM

You're worried about what someone (who you don't know) thinks about you :cuckoo:

Trout 19 January 2011 08:05 AM

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Tidgy 19 January 2011 08:06 AM

thats it, go down and bust a cap in his ass for dissing you. teach that ho the truth

MMT WRX 19 January 2011 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by paulwrxboro (Post 9830210)
If this is the biggest worry in your life, i envy you
forget about it its trivial, you gota let the little things go or your head will be messed up

+1
I'd just let it go too otherwise where would it end?

Trout 19 January 2011 08:08 AM

Indeed if we all worried about what people who we do not know thought of us we would never post on Scoobynet!

The Zohan 19 January 2011 08:13 AM

Life is too short to worry about trivial things like this. Going round and kicking off will just add credibility his pathetic rumours.

A real mate will see through ****e like this as he/she knows how you and who you are.

paulwrxboro 19 January 2011 08:58 AM

My ex nextdoor neighbour told some of my mates that we used to let our dog sh1t on there back garden, there was a 5 foot fence between us
I had to bite my lip the next time i seen him

Maz 19 January 2011 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by DARB (Post 9830220)
Its far from the biggest worry in my life but that doesnt mean it didnt wind me up, now if he had said I didnt treat our lass right then that would be fine, but to say I dont walk my dogs is another thing entirely :lol1:

Flightman I think you have read the story wrong!! or I've mis-understood your comment :thumb:

It's often the little things that wind us up. I would have a chat with this bloke, nothing confrontational or nasty. He obviously has got the wrong end of the stick and is probably telling it like he sees it. I would politely but firmly just put him in the picture. Letting things like this remain unresolved means it will eat away at you and at some point boil over.:)

gpssti4 19 January 2011 09:11 AM

Do nothing, at worst he has his low opinion of you, at best he's concerned about your dogs. It's not important what he thinks, forget about it, or, if you must, one day when you see him just mention in passing that you whilst walking your dogs at 6am you saw ............

r32 19 January 2011 09:11 AM

Why dont you ask all the neighbours what they think of you?

Just leave it, its pathetic really.

DARB 19 January 2011 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 9830221)
You're worried about what someone (who you don't know) thinks about you :cuckoo:

where did I say I was worried about it? I said it wound me up, different things in my book :thumb:

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 9830223)
Don't sweat the small stuff.

I dont, my dad worked down t'pit and worry regarding the closures caused him to have a breakdown so I have seen first hand what worry can do, I would say if I was honest that my problem is I dont even sweat the big things :)

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 9830224)
thats it, go down and bust a cap in his ass for dissing you. teach that ho the truth

Now thats more like it !! :lol1::lol1:

Originally Posted by MMT WRX (Post 9830226)
+1
I'd just let it go too otherwise where would it end?

Its ended already :thumb:

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 9830232)
Going round and kicking off will just add credibility his pathetic rumours.

I was kidding hence the lol at the end of that sentence :thumb:

I have no intention of kicking off, I'm not the tallest guy you would meet so it would just look like a kid in tescos playing up because he cant have his sweets yet :lol1:

Originally Posted by paulwrxboro (Post 9830268)
My ex nextdoor neighbour told some of my mates that we used to let our dog sh1t on there back garden, there was a 5 foot fence between us
I had to bite my lip the next time i seen him

If thats your biggest worry I envy you too :norty::norty:

Originally Posted by r32 (Post 9830280)
Just leave it, its pathetic really.

I know, some people are so touchy :lol1: :lol1:

Originally Posted by r32 (Post 9830280)
Why dont you ask all the neighbours what they think of you?

I drive a Scooby so I know what they think of me :D:D

what would scooby do 19 January 2011 09:55 AM

Has anyone recommended murder yet?

:D

Hysteria1983 19 January 2011 11:01 AM

Worrying about what someone you don't know, has said to someone, that isn't true.

Option 3 :D

Will 19 January 2011 11:17 AM

Go round to his house and bum him until he can't walk properly for a week. :D

Hysteria1983 19 January 2011 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by mr_impreza (Post 9830435)
Go round to his house and bum him until he can't walk properly for a week. :D

That will teach him a lesson! Not sure which one though.

ALi-B 19 January 2011 11:45 AM

Old wives gossip.

Just correct your mate with the truth and then leave it at that.

Maz 19 January 2011 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 9830463)
That will teach him a lesson! Not sure which one though.

He may enjoy it (the neighbour I hasten to add).:D

Leslie 19 January 2011 03:03 PM

Just carry on as normal. Life is too short to get wound up about it.

Les

wayne9t9 19 January 2011 03:14 PM

If the blokes that ignorant its his problem.

paulwrxboro 19 January 2011 03:41 PM

I think thats a big fat scoobynet NO then :D

kingofturds 19 January 2011 03:48 PM

Go around there and bring that fool the pain.

scoobyvirgin 19 January 2011 04:42 PM

How did he know you have two white Staffys if they never get walked? :confused:

paulwrxboro 19 January 2011 05:57 PM

He is bound to have atleast one if he has a scooby :D

jods 19 January 2011 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan (Post 9830217)
How about you worry about your own life, and leave other people to get on with theirs?

If you're really worried about the dogs, ring the RSPCA and let them deal with it.

.<---Point

You ----->.
:norty:

stilover 19 January 2011 06:04 PM

KILL HIM !!!!