ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Dover Shooting Holy Smokes !! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/868780-dover-shooting-holy-smokes.html)

Camoscooby 18 January 2011 02:29 PM

Dover Shooting Holy Smokes !!

Just 500 yards from me:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-12212390

The Mrs and me believe we actually heard the gunshot :eek:

I suspect it was part of the turf war raging between the Dover Crips and the Whitfield Bloods............................................

scud8 18 January 2011 03:02 PM

Those grammar school girls ...

Camoscooby 18 January 2011 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by scud8 (Post 9828794)
Those grammar school girls ...

Too right. Its like Beirut here now..........

Funkii Munkii 18 January 2011 03:58 PM

Where do they think they are with names like that ? L.A.

The Crips and Bloods from Dover FPMSL, what is a crip other than the obvious ?

dpb 18 January 2011 04:10 PM

Its an estate isnt it ? at the back of Dover ( did 6 month painting scheme there '86 , and the foreman was from there i think ) , bloody hell it was grim then , under Maggie Thatch of course and not long after that ferry disaster - nearly everyone i worked with knew somebody who was working on it

dpb 18 January 2011 04:16 PM

Must been '87 i was there at that rate , there was a bloke with us just out of mining when Bettshanger closed down

Camoscooby 18 January 2011 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 9828895)
Where do they think they are with names like that ? L.A.

The Crips and Bloods from Dover FPMSL, what is a crip other than the obvious ?

Yeah between them they have basically turned the town into a warzone. Continual shootings and stabbings, drive bys all to maintain control of the huge drug Market - it's well bad..........

Camoscooby 18 January 2011 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 9828907)
Its an estate isnt it ? at the back of Dover ( did 6 month painting scheme there '86 , and the foreman was from there i think ) , bloody hell it was grim then , under Maggie Thatch of course and not long after that ferry disaster - nearly everyone i worked with knew somebody who was working on it

The whole town is basically an estate, controlled by the local immigrant mafia fighting with the gangs for control if the weapons and drugs trade

The Zohan 18 January 2011 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Camoscooby (Post 9828935)
...an estate, controlled by the local immigrant mafia fighting with the gangs for control if the weapons and drugs trade

can be said of a quite a few towns and cities now - oh and no not heresay - directly from the mouth of a CO19 Sargent i know!

Camoscooby 18 January 2011 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 9828950)
can be said of a quite a few towns and cities now - oh and no not heresay - directly from the mouth of a CO19 Sargent i know!

The cops are struglling to keep control TBH, God help you if you are seen walking the high street wearing anything yellow in colour :(

dpb 18 January 2011 04:38 PM

blimey mybe its even got worse than under Tatch at that rate !

Dont remember any immigrants when i was there , then again it wasnt such a hot potato..

Camoscooby 18 January 2011 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 9828975)
blimey mybe its even got worse than under Tatch at that rate !

Dont remember any immigrants when i was there , then again it wasnt such a hot potato..

Times were good under Thatcher! The town is basically the English equivalent of Johannesburg or Los Angeles, gang fighting, mobs and people willing to slit your throat for your trainers

skoobidude 18 January 2011 05:28 PM

Where does it mention in the media about gangs? Or haven't I read it properly?

kingofturds 18 January 2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Camoscooby (Post 9828986)
Times were good under Thatcher! The town is basically the English equivalent of Johannesburg or Los Angeles, gang fighting, mobs and people willing to slit your throat for your trainers

Stop complaining and enjoy the multiculturalism that Tony has bestowed upon you:thumb:. Personally I would pull our troops out of Afghanistan and have them wipe the scum off the streets.

Leslie 20 January 2011 01:51 PM

Bit of a surprise to hear all that. Never expected Dover of all places to have a situation like that. What a worry!

Les

Camoscooby 20 January 2011 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by skoobidude (Post 9829072)
Where does it mention in the media about gangs? Or haven't I read it properly?

No, you read it right!

I was just bored and decided to pull everyone's chain lol

:lol1::lol1::lol1:

my06 ppp silver 20 January 2011 03:58 PM

i always said they should have put machine gun turrets at folkestone to stop them travelling through like vermin. shame about the hovercraft, i was living up there when it went out of service, did not seem a bad place then.

Steve Whitehorn 20 January 2011 04:39 PM

Knowing the area very well.
Long gone are the days of plucky Dover hanging on at the front line in 1940.
Or the people that saw the Dunkirk troops arrive at the now closed Western Docks Station.
Or the amazing British invention that were Hovercraft moving back and forth.
As Camo says it is like many other run down british towns with huge social problems.

Scooby Soon! 20 January 2011 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Camoscooby (Post 9832678)
No, you read it right!

I was just bored and decided to pull everyone's chain lol

:lol1::lol1::lol1:

but dover is a crap hole!

Temple Ewell is not to bad but the rest :o

Its a shame its got some really nice old houses in the centre but they all have people outside sticking needles in there arms :nono:

Camoscooby 20 January 2011 05:55 PM

The changes in ten years have been dramatic to say the least and I entirely agree with the comments above :(

Leslie 22 January 2011 12:58 PM

Glad I live in the West Country then.

Les