ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   what ecu is best? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/868728-what-ecu-is-best.html)

350bhptype~R 17 January 2011 10:58 PM

what ecu is best?

ive spent a fortune over the past 18month building my v4 type r and its finally ready to map , ive got a simtec on it and going to be looking to make at least 450 donkeys but over the last few week ive noticed a few posts saying simtec problems!! WHY AM I GETTING THE IDEA SIMTEC AINT THAT GOOD?:wonder:

Can anyone suggest whats the best ecu for my build. cheers

Jolly Green Monster 17 January 2011 11:04 PM

99.9% of the simtek issues are map related and can be ironed out / removed.. its a very good ecu.

The best - budget ignored is the Syvecs currently imho.

Simon

Alan Jeffery 18 January 2011 07:56 AM

If you have a Simtek already I wouldn't rush to replace it. Making a choice of ECU involves decisions based on your specific requirements, rather than how well the car will run, that part is down to the mapping.
We're very happy to work with both. As a budget choice, the Simtek is very capable.

Tidgy 18 January 2011 08:18 AM

personaly i still don't like the lack of knock control on the simtek, once you get to that sort of power then personaly i think its a must, but thats a personal opinion ;)

some folks have gone from simtek to syvecs and seen better running etc etc, but there is a considerable cost involved in doing it.

if sensible budget isn't an issue then syvecs is currently the best on the market, but as alan says if your don't want to spend alot then simtek is the best of the rest.

banny sti 18 January 2011 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster (Post 9827995)
99.9% of the simtek issues are map related and can be ironed out / removed.. its a very good ecu.

The best - budget ignored is the Syvecs currently imho.

Simon

Agree with Simon, I bought a simtek ecu never had it mapped just ran the previous owners map and it idled perfectly and drove me all the way from yorkshire to london with no issue.

However I would never swap my syvecs for any other ecu :thumb:

350bhptype~R 18 January 2011 06:52 PM

what sort of money is the syvecs ecu supplied fitted and mapped?

350bhptype~R 18 January 2011 07:01 PM

can any1 email me some sort of base map for my simtec just so i can get my car running ive got the lead and software with daskey but its just coming up error and the option to make a new map is not highlighted.

SkydiveMacca 18 January 2011 07:04 PM

+1 for Syvecs. I absolutely love mine :)

Jolly Green Monster 18 January 2011 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by 350bhptype~R (Post 9829249)
what sort of money is the syvecs ecu supplied fitted and mapped?

£1500+vat

Jolly Green Monster 18 January 2011 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by 350bhptype~R (Post 9829267)
can any1 email me some sort of base map for my simtec just so i can get my car running ive got the lead and software with daskey but its just coming up error and the option to make a new map is not highlighted.

Not going to be that straight forward, if it is no allowing you access now then you wont be able to load another map.

Whats the error "profile not found"?

Simon

350bhptype~R 18 January 2011 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster (Post 9829317)
Not going to be that straight forward, if it is no allowing you access now then you wont be able to load another map.

Whats the error "profile not found"?

Simon

yeah thats the 1 , why is this?

Jolly Green Monster 18 January 2011 07:26 PM

You need to contact simtek to get the profile

Was software sold with ecu etc?

350bhptype~R 18 January 2011 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster (Post 9829352)
You need to contact simtek to get the profile

Was software sold with ecu etc?

no simtec sent me the software with the lead etc

ill call them tomorrow:cry:

Jolly Green Monster 18 January 2011 08:14 PM

Will just need to send you another file etc