ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Ignore list (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/868588-ignore-list.html)

banny sti 17 January 2011 09:32 AM

Ignore list

How many people do you have on yours and would it better if the persons name did not appear at all?

I would say even if someone else quotes said user, you should not be able to see what they have posted.

EddScott 17 January 2011 09:33 AM

Only ever used ignore for one person on another forum.

zip106 17 January 2011 09:35 AM

Who posted this?

:)

f1_fan 17 January 2011 09:42 AM

None, I would never take this place seriously enough to let anyone get under my skin so much they need to go on ignore. It is just an Internet forum after all.

hutton_d 17 January 2011 09:44 AM

Never seen the point of *ignoring* anyone on an interweb forum. Freedom of speech and all that. If you don't like what someone's posted just go and read something else. Half the time people are on a wind-up anyway .... sorry, did I mention Pete ..... :Suspiciou :D

Dave

f1_fan 17 January 2011 09:51 AM

Having said that I agree with banny that if you place someone on ignore then you shouldn't see their quoted posts in other people's posts either.

Otherwise all you get is some saddo asikng someone else to quote them so the perosn they know is ignoring the can see their post... if they wanted to read what you had to say they wouldn't place you on ignore would they? LOL! :D

Leslie 17 January 2011 10:52 AM

Seems little point in it to me. You don't have to read what you dont fancy.

Les

kingofturds 17 January 2011 11:31 AM

The ignore function seems a bit childish to me.

Glowplug 17 January 2011 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9826337)
Seems little point in it to me. You don't have to read what you dont fancy.

Les

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9826391)
The ignore function seems a bit childish to me.

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9826252)
None, I would never take this place seriously enough to let anyone get under my skin so much they need to go on ignore. It is just an Internet forum after all.

Agree with the above, specifically with f1.:thumb:
I find it more fun NOT to ignore.:D

alcazar 17 January 2011 12:05 PM

I have one person on mine, been better since I don't even have to see the stuff she posts.

f1_fan 17 January 2011 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 9826464)
I have one person on mine, been better since I don't even have to see the stuff she posts.

And if that is who I think it is I think we can make an exception to the rule for her ;)

andythejock01wrx 17 January 2011 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 9826464)

Sara's not on much these days anyway. :D

Don't use it myself - it's usually pretty obvious which threads/posters are on the wind up!

stilover 17 January 2011 12:50 PM

Never used it. Don't see the point.

Hysteria1983 17 January 2011 01:09 PM

Never used it, but I did think about doing it once as I had just about had enough of being singled out and being made to feel like an insecure school girl.

Thank god that person managed to see the error of their ways.

pslewis 17 January 2011 01:13 PM

The IGNORE function is there for people who have very little control over their own lives in all honesty ...... people who want something else step in where they fear to make a decision not to read something :lol1:

Who, in their right mind, could possibly want a device to ignore someone they don't know, will probably never meet, saying something which may or may not be true, as a character on some electronic communication device?? They need locking up IMO :lol1:

Are these the same people, who sat, alone, in the corner of the playground at school? The same ones who told teacher of someone else? The same ones who, rightly, got their 4rses kicked?

Yep, I do believe they are ;)

That's why I only have 1,567 on my ignore list!! :lol1:

f1_fan 17 January 2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 9826581)
The IGNORE function is there for people who have very little control over their own lives in all honesty ...... people who want something else step in where they fear to make a decision not to read something :lol1:

Who, in their right mind, could possibly want a device to ignore someone they don't know, will probably never meet, saying something which may or may not be true, as a character on some electronic communication device?? They need locking up IMO :lol1:

Are these the same people, who sat, alone, in the corner of the playground at school? The same ones who told teacher of someone else? The same ones who, rightly, got their 4rses kicked?

:lol::lol:

Terminator X 17 January 2011 01:38 PM

Don't use it TBH ... just ignore their posts, all it takes is a bit of strong will ;)

TX.

stevebt 17 January 2011 01:38 PM

Would never use it as the web never bothers me or winds me up so I have no use for it :)

gpssti4 17 January 2011 02:01 PM

:Suspiciou who said that :lol1:

I don't use the ignor list, it's completely pointless in my eyes.

TelBoy 17 January 2011 03:25 PM

Just the one, and yes in my opinion it would make a massive difference to the energy of the board if they just fcuked off :thumb:

Lee247 17 January 2011 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9826262)
Having said that I agree with banny that if you place someone on ignore then you shouldn't see their quoted posts in other people's posts either.

Otherwise all you get is some saddo asikng someone else to quote them so the perosn they know is ignoring the can see their post... if they wanted to read what you had to say they wouldn't place you on ignore would they? LOL! :D

:lol1::lol1::lol1:
I don't have anyone on the ignore list. I am just very good at being blind to some peoples posts

Jamz3k 17 January 2011 03:37 PM

I had pete on ignore after he said a few things that absolutely cracked me up. Within a few weeks, I took him back off ignore as the place was too boring without him.

TelBoy 17 January 2011 03:40 PM

You put Pete on ignore for making you laugh?

What??

SwissTony 17 January 2011 04:02 PM

I had one person on ignore years ago.
But these days I cant be arsed

chocolate_o_brian 17 January 2011 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9826252)

Same here. Once upon a time I was guilty of the above, especially when you have members starting new aliases just to harass you :lol1: Now, I really don't let it bother me, better things to do. :thumb:

pslewis 17 January 2011 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 9826845)
I had pete on ignore after he said a few things that absolutely cracked me up. Within a few weeks, I took him back off ignore as the place was too boring without him.

Awwwwwwww .. that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me ............... :D

tony de wonderful 17 January 2011 05:29 PM

I've set it up to ignore posts with certain keywords rather than specific users.

I've included the words: Diesel, Honda, Torque.
:lol1:

Jamo 17 January 2011 06:53 PM

I had one person on ignore, but he was posting all the time and I always wondered what he was writing so that was a waste of time lol (not pete)

mart360 17 January 2011 07:02 PM

Your all on my ignore list :)

That way i only get half the story on any post, It makes things so much more topical and interesting

Mart

TurboAndy 17 January 2011 07:09 PM

I have never used it. I just ignore anyone who gets on my tits.