ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   e-bay question (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/868252-e-bay-question.html)

David Lock 15 January 2011 11:10 AM

e-bay question

If I change my user name on e-bay do I lose all my history, feedback etc?

d

JAutos 15 January 2011 11:14 AM

No just puts a logo next to your id to show you have changed in last 30 days, thats all

stef_2010 15 January 2011 11:15 AM

from reading your other posts I thought you were smarter than this ..........................................

David Lock 15 January 2011 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by stef_2010 (Post 9822028)
from reading your other posts I thought you were smarter than this ..........................................

You read my posts :eek:

And no I'm not :)

d

David Lock 15 January 2011 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by JAutos (Post 9822024)
No just puts a logo next to your id to show you have changed in last 30 days, thats all

Thanks - that's good news :thumb:

d

stef_2010 15 January 2011 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 9822055)
You read my posts :eek:

And no I'm not :)

d

I get paid to sit and do not much work the whole day, I get through alot of threads in that time :lol1:

I was thinking about that magnet thread, what if the inside of the cylinders were magnetic, would that work :lol1:

David Lock 15 January 2011 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by stef_2010 (Post 9822099)
I get paid to sit and do not much work the whole day, I get through alot of threads in that time :lol1:

I was thinking about that magnet thread, what if the inside of the cylinders were magnetic, would that work :lol1:

1) Do you need an assistant?

2) Interesting point and I asked the guy that got me thinking about all this if he had thought about placing small magnets as inserts into the cylinder head itself. His response was he thought that, in a way, this was too late in the combustion process and it was better to "influence" the actual burn by having the magnets as the fuel/gas was fed into the combustion area - the closer the better. But the truthful answer is that I really don't know. Traditionally magnets have been placed around a fuel pipe some distance from the burn and this may not have been very effective plus the new breed magnets may exert a stronger influence. :)

d

David Lock 15 January 2011 01:14 PM

And another question :(

Can I put my phone number and'or website on listing?

(am wading through e-bay terms and conditions at the moment)

d

ScoobySteve69 15 January 2011 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by JAutos (Post 9822024)

Must have changed then cos I`m sure you used to lose it all, that`s why I`ve never changed mine :wonder:

Jamo 15 January 2011 02:03 PM

no you dont lose your feedback, it puts a marker next to your name for a period of time.

David Lock 15 January 2011 02:15 PM

Well I hope you guys are right about not losing feedback and I don't want find out the hard way :Suspiciou

And I asked about including a phone number as this may help buyers. But it could also mean a direct sale which e-bay won't want, so may not allow it? I am not trying to get out of e-bay charges btw.

d

Jamo 15 January 2011 02:36 PM

ive seen plenty of phone numbers on adverts, in fact if you list it as a classified advert they automatically include you're contact number :)