ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Here's my new years ouch (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/868211-heres-my-new-years-ouch.html)

mart360 14 January 2011 10:07 PM

Here's my new years ouch

Hot water cylinder let go at midnight last night,

2hrs of mopping & draining the system, failed to find the leak.

Further investigation today, found that the tank had holed round the

immersion element mount.

New tank £200 + fittings and mates rates goodbye £300 :(

Mart

Ant 14 January 2011 10:10 PM

Its karma for all the iPhone bashing ;) :D

mart360 14 January 2011 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9821469)
Its karma for all the iPhone bashing ;) :D

For every iphone fanboy thread you or the iclique start, there will be an android thread, to match.

Ying & Yang

btw how does stating facts purport to bashing?

Mart :)

Ant 14 January 2011 10:23 PM

Sorry don't recall starting a fanboy thread, so what was that about facts?

;)

mart360 14 January 2011 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9821500)
Sorry don't recall starting a fanboy thread, so what was that about facts?

;)

Don't come the innocent with me matey :D

Mart

pimmo2000 14 January 2011 11:00 PM

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.c...get-a-room.jpg

Ant 14 January 2011 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 9821555)

Now now don't be jealous :D

JackClark 15 January 2011 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by mart360 (Post 9821493)
For every iphone fanboy thread you or the iclique start, there will be an android thread, to match.

Mart :)

Are you saying you'll copy everything the iPhone does??

Sorry about your Cylinder, must have been awful.

Leslie 16 January 2011 11:37 AM

Sorry for the nasty problem Mart.

Les

f1_fan 16 January 2011 12:26 PM

You should have got an iCylinder. It would have looked lovely and worked well but only given you hot water when Steve Jobs said it could and to the temperature he allowed. The hot water would of course be better than any hot water any other cylinder could give you (or at least according to the Apple afficionados) and you would also be able to Facebook and play Amgry Birds on it although doing that would detract from its ability to produce hot water. It would also cost twice as much as the Android cylinder and still have been made in China by slave labour, but when it went wrong you could just have called Apple's Genius plumber desk who would have done the only thing they ever do which is to replace it FOC (don't know why it takes a genius to do that but there you go) meaning you think they are great and buy another of their products and the whole cycle starts again. :thumb:

GC8WRX 16 January 2011 01:36 PM

you have a problem cos you cant afford and iphone, or is it a western piece of filth your not allowed to own?

chocolate_o_brian 16 January 2011 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9824172)
You should have got an iCylinder. It would have looked lovely and worked well but only given you hot water when Steve Jobs said it could and to the temperature he allowed. The hot water would of course be better than any hot water any other cylinder could give you (or at least according to the Apple afficionados) and you would also be able to Facebook and play Amgry Birds on it although doing that would detract from its ability to produce hot water. It would also cost twice as much as the Android cylinder and still have been made in China by slave labour, but when it went wrong you could just have called Apple's Genius plumber desk who would have done the only thing they ever do which is to replace it FOC (don't know why it takes a genius to do that but there you go) meaning you think they are great and buy another of their products and the whole cycle starts again. :thumb:

Aaaand, breeeathe :lol1:

Snazy 16 January 2011 04:01 PM

:lol:

Sorry to hear about the boiler mate, that sucks!
I had a great end to the year, mum flooded the newly completed kitchen on Xmas day.

Sorry to hear about the boiler mate. I hade a great Xmas day when I walked into the newly completed kitchen to find water flooding everywhere, mum had turned the tap over the worktop and left it on full for some reason.

mart360 16 January 2011 08:38 PM

Ouch, hoped it mopped up ok..

So far so good with ours, £200 on a tank , and that was with discount, another £50 with new fittings, and a very generous drink to a friend who helped me get the old one out and install the new one.

Didn't help, that all the original gate valves that were in the system were fubarred, so we had to do a total drain & fill, HW & CH.

Thinking about it now, it would have made sense to put an isolating valve before the CH coil inlet, that way i could isolate the cylinder completely, without the need to drain the whole system.

Although i don't know if its permitted / good practice

glad to hear your mums up and about :)

Mart

mart360 16 January 2011 08:39 PM

:lol1::lol1::thumb:

Mart

Jamie 16 January 2011 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by mart360 (Post 9821462)
Hot water cylinder let go at midnight last night,

2hrs of mopping & draining the system, failed to find the leak.

Further investigation today, found that the tank had holed round the

immersion element mount.

New tank £200 + fittings and mates rates goodbye £300 :(

Mart

Some bloke posted the same on Ph was it you ?

mart360 17 January 2011 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 9825492)
Some bloke posted the same on Ph was it you ?

?? link plz

Jamie 17 January 2011 12:34 AM

Too late for that as i am in bed will look though.

Jamie 17 January 2011 12:41 AM

Sorry was this thread not ph:(

Snazy 17 January 2011 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by mart360 (Post 9825363)
Ouch, hoped it mopped up ok..

So far so good with ours, £200 on a tank , and that was with discount, another £50 with new fittings, and a very generous drink to a friend who helped me get the old one out and install the new one.

Didn't help, that all the original gate valves that were in the system were fubarred, so we had to do a total drain & fill, HW & CH.

Thinking about it now, it would have made sense to put an isolating valve before the CH coil inlet, that way i could isolate the cylinder completely, without the need to drain the whole system.

Although i don't know if its permitted / good practice

glad to hear your mums up and about :)

Mart

Hindsight is a wonderful thing lol

Yeah lot of cleaning up, pulling all the appliances out, emptying cupboards etc but got there.
Cheers, times like that I wish she wasn't lol (joke)