ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Friends can sometimes be quite amazing (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/868190-friends-can-sometimes-be-quite-amazing.html)

Jamz3k 14 January 2011 07:01 PM

Friends can sometimes be quite amazing

A good friend of mine(that i don't see as often as i should) just texted me up to tell me he has something that belonged to me.

A few years ago I sold my decks to a guy and gave him all my vinyl for free to get him started. I have always regretted getting rid of the vinyl as I absolutely loved alot of the songs I had. My friend Alan was trying to get rid of some stuff himself and a guy offered him a set of decks and vinyl for it, he recognised that it was my equipment and snapped it up as soon as he was certain just so he could reunite me with my cherished vinyl.

How great is that?:D

hutton_d 14 January 2011 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 9821025)

Sounds like a great mate. :thumb: How much is he charging you? :Suspiciou

Dave

Snazy 14 January 2011 07:10 PM

Very kind excellent news.
Don't give it away again eh! Lol

prodriverules 14 January 2011 08:04 PM

Very kind friend there,all smiles till he say's that's £100 please:lol1:

Jamz3k 14 January 2011 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by prodriverules (Post 9821153)
Very kind friend there,all smiles till he say's that's £100 please:lol1:

:lol1: I already offered him something for the kind deed but he wouldn't take a penny!

prodriverules 14 January 2011 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 9821166)
:lol1: I already offered him something for the kind deed but he wouldn't take a penny!

Fair play to him i say,should hold on to that friend:thumb:

brendy76 14 January 2011 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 9821166)

Offering a penny was a little tight to be fair. Id have offered at least a few quid.

Leslie 16 January 2011 11:45 AM

Worth hanging on to a mate like that.

Les :)

Dunk 16 January 2011 02:00 PM

Sounds suspicious, is he banging Mrs Jam?

D

Jamz3k 16 January 2011 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9824091)
Worth hanging on to a mate like that.

Les :)

Defo, its just a shame we don't hang around as much anymore as we don't have much in common as we used too. Infact we are quite polar opposites when its comes to likes and dislikes.

Originally Posted by Dunk (Post 9824359)
Sounds suspicious, is he banging Mrs Jam?

D

Quite frankly I don't care as I got my vinyl back!:lol1:

TurboAndy 16 January 2011 02:14 PM

A good friend of mine(that i don't see as often as i should) just texted me up to tell me he has something that belonged to me.

A few years ago I sold my decks to a guy and gave him all my vinyl for free to get him started. I have always regretted getting rid of the vinyl as I absolutely loved alot of the songs I had. My friend Alan was trying to get rid of some stuff himself and a guy offered him a set of decks and vinyl for it, he recognised that it was my equipment and snapped it up as soon as he was certain just so he could reunite me with my cherished vinyl.

True friends like that a few and far between luckly I also have a good friend like that who as really got me out the **** many a time.:thumb:

chocolate_o_brian 16 January 2011 03:27 PM

That is genuine friendship, doubt many in general would do that for a mate.

A mate of mine once bought me a £12 t-shirt from Topman that said "Buy more Jazz mags" :lol1:Fooking loved him for that t-shirt :D Same mate got hold of a very rare promo vinyl from the US about 7 years ago by pulling some strings with a record shop boss he knew :notworthy

Leslie 17 January 2011 11:59 AM

Got a very good mate whom I met at primary school. He was also a petrolhead and we worked our way through loads of old motor 'bikes and cars. We spent a lot of time in Kingston Magistrates' Court for one motoring reason or another. We reckoned that the bench outside the court had our names on it! Worse thing was if the magistrate of the day recognised you!

We both went motor racing building our own cars which was great, as well as a bit of motor cycle scrambling on the side.

We are still very good friends and I am sure we always will be. Cars and 'bikes are still just as important to us both.

Les