ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   he wants to swap (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/867817-he-wants-to-swap.html)

richgreenscooby1 11 January 2011 10:31 PM

he wants to swap

To cut a long stoy short my misses has put her impreza gx up for sale on fleebay:cry::cry::cry:

All has been good quite a bit of intrest ,

But

A guy on ebay wants to swap his

2001 wrx turbo its got sti interior prodrive wheels and suspension ninja s/s system d/valve remaped sti spoiler very mint

i thought why ????? so i asked the question he said

carnt afford the insurance for mine there aint nothing up with mine its mint giz a ring if ure intrested :Suspiciou:Suspiciou

then

i realy just want the looks am not intrested in the turbo engine cuz ive got 12 points so its very costly for me my car is spot on

what you all think , dodgy ???????

rich

prodriverules 11 January 2011 10:41 PM

Don't know really on that one mate,he could be telling the truth because with that many points he would find it hard to insure at all let alone cheap:eek:

r1c 11 January 2011 10:42 PM

Oh yes!! ;)

richgreenscooby1 11 January 2011 10:42 PM

just sounds to gud , have asked him for some pics etc , will see how we get on....

TurboAndy 11 January 2011 10:43 PM

worth checking out imho

Jamo 11 January 2011 11:22 PM

worth checking, id always swap for a car if I could over selling so im not without a car. I got a gx because of the insurance and fuel so its feasible.

richgreenscooby1 11 January 2011 11:24 PM

um ...will see what comes of it ........

shauns13 12 January 2011 06:58 AM

12 points is a instant ban for 18 months

Northern Nick 12 January 2011 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by shauns13 (Post 9816113)

Not always.

What's his feedback score, if he's on eBay, he'll have one.

musso2010 12 January 2011 08:52 AM

Worth having a look, but make sure you do a HPI check, and check the usual.

alcazar 12 January 2011 09:01 AM

Ask him why he's not banned. He should be with 12 points.

You could go and see his car, look for oil leaks, listen for knocking and other nasties, try the gearbox and clutch.

TBH, I'd be suspicious.

NINJA ED 12 January 2011 09:11 AM

Whats with all the suspicious crap majority of people use ebay ??? Do all relavent checks ive bought evo and scoob off ebay and apart from wear and tear not had one problem. If you know what your looking for no problem if you dont take someone that does. Yes there is a lot of crap on ebay theres also a lot of good deals. :hjtwofing

musso2010 12 January 2011 09:35 AM

I dont think its because the guy is from ebay. Depending on the year of the GX, the WRX is worth more (no offence to the op). Thats the only bit thats alarming me.

SpecDscooby 12 January 2011 12:28 PM

Not every good deal is a bad deal. Go and look, all the advise in the world is no replacement for simply having a look and a test drive. GO SEE IT, and make an informed decision, lots of people are letting their Scooby's go some more despirate than others!

99greenwagon 12 January 2011 12:31 PM

well worth checking out....but just be carefull and defo do a hpi on the car.good luck.

Probein 12 January 2011 12:36 PM

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Even if it is legit, he's got 12 points on his license from (I assume) speeding - doubt he'd have amounted those points prior to buying the car (insurance would have been too much to buy it in the first place if that was the case), so you can only assume he's been ragging the impreza around.

SpecDscooby 12 January 2011 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Probein (Post 9816496)
Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Even if it is legit, he's got 12 points on his license from (I assume) speeding - doubt he'd have amounted those points prior to buying the car (insurance would have been too much to buy it in the first place if that was the case), so you can only assume he's been ragging the impreza around.

This does not make sense to me, could get 12 points for 4 sh1t tyres, or doing 35mph in a 30 4 times in 3 years....I cant see a link between people with points and cars being ragged....70% of speeding tickets are issued in 30mph limits....you show me an Impreza that does'nt get ragged now and then and i'll show you the tooth fairy.....

musso2010 12 January 2011 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by SpecDscooby (Post 9816510)
This does not make sense to me, could get 12 points for 4 sh1t tyres, or doing 35mph in a 30 4 times in 3 years....I cant see a link between people with points and cars being ragged....70% of speeding tickets are issued in 30mph limits....you show me an Impreza that does'nt get ragged now and then and i'll show you the tooth fairy.....

Well said.:thumb:

wrx287 12 January 2011 03:39 PM

Sounds like he may be genuine. 12 points would be a killer on insurance of a turbo. Do all the checks and see what it comes up with. May be your lucky day:lol1:

BLU 12 January 2011 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by shauns13 (Post 9816113)

No its not. You can plead to keep your license in court if its needed for work etc..........My bro in law was a taxi driver and has had 12 points but kept his license on two occasions (12 points were totted up) he drove like a saint when he had 12 points too :lol1:

Rich, its gotta be worth investigating if nowt else. If you even slightly smell a rat walk away, if not could be the bargain of the century,who knows? Least you know what you're looking for mechnically eh :D

CHOLTON 12 January 2011 05:34 PM

I had to do a similar thing when I was younger , swapped my MR2 Turbo for an N/A , exactly the same colour car too . I just couldn't afford to run it any longer as I was sinking almost every penny into it , think I was 19 at the time! The other guy was looking to upgrade to a Turbo at the time so it all worked out well .

Go and have a butchers with someone who knows what they're looking for , AA inspection maybe , ive never had one carried out by them but it may help for peace of mind . :thumb:

richgreenscooby1 12 January 2011 07:03 PM

um the mistery continues , had the pics through today looks good , the car is in newcastle , he offered to meet half way but dont want to coz it will be hot etc , the only other thing why would a guy want a pink camo scooby ?????

richgreenscooby1 12 January 2011 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by CHOLTON (Post 9817070)
Go and have a butchers with someone who knows what they're looking for , . :thumb:

Me working for subaru:thumb:

ivawagon 12 January 2011 07:11 PM

Go have a look you can not loose anything for looking and as said if smells a bit fishy walk away easy.

DJ_Jon 12 January 2011 07:26 PM

"mistery" :rolleyes:

I would be wary of anyone that cannot even spell basic words like "can't" - walk away.

CHOLTON 12 January 2011 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by richgreenscooby1 (Post 9817313)
Me working for subaru:thumb:

That may help :thumb:

BLU 13 January 2011 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by richgreenscooby1 (Post 9817311)
um the mistery continues , had the pics through today looks good , the car is in newcastle , he offered to meet half way but dont want to coz it will be hot etc , the only other thing why would a guy want a pink camo scooby ?????

Yeah, but the camo can be peeled off to reveal an ordinary silver bug eye can it not?

Drive up to newcastle, make a day of it, and if the cars cr4p then nowt lost!

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon (Post 9817378)
I would be wary of anyone that cannot even spell basic words like "can't" - walk away.

Just because someones spelling/grammar isn't 100% up to scratch doesn't immediately make them dodgy :rolleyes:

DJ_Jon 13 January 2011 05:56 PM

Agreed & its bad to discriminate, but that's just me. Poor spelling & grammar piss me off.

astra_dave 13 January 2011 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon (Post 9817378)
"mistery" :rolleyes:

my kids spell things as you would say them, 'sonic perception' doesn't mean they are dodgy or would rip you off, just means they have some issues with grammar and how they perceive things

Midlife...... 13 January 2011 07:22 PM

Post up the pics on here :D

Shaun