ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Lighting and Other Electrical (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/)
-   -   wiring a stereo in wifes tigra, help please. (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/867637-wiring-a-stereo-in-wifes-tigra-help-please.html)

06wrx 10 January 2011 05:48 PM

wiring a stereo in wifes tigra, help please.

hi all,

just bought the mrs a tigra, 1st thing she wanted is a CD player fitting, ive fitted loads before but looks like someones altered the power feed to this stereo block and i cant make head nor tail of it so ive decided to not use there poor efforts and just run new in...... am i right in thinking i can run a direct feed from the battry with in line fuse to the 12v wire on the plug i bought from halfords and do away with the orgional 12v faulty feed ? ill run in new earth too, then speakers should all be the same i think doesnt look like they touched those wires.

any help gladly recieved.

alcazar 10 January 2011 06:05 PM

If you run direct from battery, it will have a PERMANENT live, is it supposed to be?

200sex 10 January 2011 06:17 PM

you can run it from battery as you need a constant live feed for memory but wouldnt advise it, to be honest get a volt meter find out which one is constant no need to mess with wires to much then do the same for the ignition feed find the wire that becomes live when ignition is switched on

06wrx 10 January 2011 06:46 PM

i know which ones live but stereo wont work when plugged in ????

Originally Posted by 200sex (Post 9812968)
you can run it from battery as you need a constant live feed for memory but wouldnt advise it, to be honest get a volt meter find out which one is constant no need to mess with wires to much then do the same for the ignition feed find the wire that becomes live when ignition is switched on

200sex 10 January 2011 06:51 PM

have you got both lives plugged in the constant feed and the ignition feed?? could it be the fuse on the cd player sounds odd

Martin 2010 10 January 2011 06:55 PM

you'd need a permante live and ignition to help it run.

06wrx 10 January 2011 07:23 PM

:wonder: yes mate both plugged in, fuses fine, the joy of second hand motoring:D

Originally Posted by 200sex (Post 9813057)
have you got both lives plugged in the constant feed and the ignition feed?? could it be the fuse on the cd player sounds odd

P600wrx 11 January 2011 07:12 PM

on the factory block it should be what is called a iso socket, looking at in the power socket

brown - ground
black - ignition
red - perm live

thats all you need to get it working,

i think grey with yellow trace is illumination or dimmer, not sure what the ariel sorry

06wrx 11 January 2011 08:20 PM

ill try that tomorrow in the light, cheers pal.

Originally Posted by P600wrx (Post 9815072)
on the factory block it should be what is called a iso socket, looking at in the power socket

brown - ground
black - ignition
red - perm live

thats all you need to get it working,

i think grey with yellow trace is illumination or dimmer, not sure what the ariel sorry