ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Newage exhaust Q adding to the prodrive? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/867550-newage-exhaust-q-adding-to-the-prodrive.html)

triggster 10 January 2011 02:39 AM

Newage exhaust Q adding to the prodrive?

Hi All,
I have a 05 reg uk300, with the PPP as std, I have bene doing a lot of thinking about changing the exhaust, ideally would like to keep the prodrive back box and replace the other sections, i.e. centre pipe, middle de cat pipe or/and even downpipe. I understand it would have to be 2.5".
Just after peoples views, good/bad, what gains theve noticed etc as I am aware many just go for a whole new turbo back system in 3".
Hope this makes sense

Cheers

jura11 10 January 2011 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by triggster (Post 9811874)
Hi All,
I have a 05 reg uk300, with the PPP as std, I have bene doing a lot of thinking about changing the exhaust, ideally would like to keep the prodrive back box and replace the other sections, i.e. centre pipe, middle de cat pipe or/and even downpipe. I understand it would have to be 2.5".
Just after peoples views, good/bad, what gains theve noticed etc as I am aware many just go for a whole new turbo back system in 3".
Hope this makes sense

Cheers

Hi there this depend on your pipework on your Backbox(if you have 2.5",you must buy 2.5" center pipe and Downpipe and versa if you have 3" pipework on backbox you must go for 3" center and dp),but if you are replacing for decated section,you must go for remap,i'm afraid.
What gains from 3" against 2.5"? 3" is louder than 2.5",2.5" will be restrictive at around 400bhp+(on some cars make with 2.5" 450bhp)
On 3" you will be restrictive,just your pocket(i mean deep pocket)

Jura

triggster 10 January 2011 03:11 AM

Thanks for your reply, yes noise is a factor for keeping the 2.5", I believe the prodrive is 2.5" therefore would go for the rest in the same yes, are you saying you would recomend a remap after swapping just the middle cat and centre section ? I woul dof thought a remap would be a must if I did the downpipe/cat.

jura11 10 January 2011 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by triggster (Post 9811878)
Thanks for your reply, yes noise is a factor for keeping the 2.5", I believe the prodrive is 2.5" therefore would go for the rest in the same yes, are you saying you would recomend a remap after swapping just the middle cat and centre section ? I woul dof thought a remap would be a must if I did the downpipe/cat.

After swapping just middle center,you don't need remap.
But if you want change Downpipe to Decated Downpipe,you will need remap.

Jura

triggster 10 January 2011 03:24 AM

That clarifys what Ive bene told already. Hopefully ill get some feedback from people who have kept the prodrive and added to it.
cheers

Pervy_Paul 10 January 2011 09:14 AM

I've got the prodrive back box on mine with a full decat. The only part which is 3" is the turbo downpipe, but that goes down to 2.5" before the next section joins it. Mines a 05 WRX with TD05 and some STI parts and runnin 317bhp at 1.5bar. A 3" system would lose you a little bit of torque over a 2.5" at these kinda power levels too

MalcB 10 January 2011 09:34 AM

I'm running 330 bhp / SC36 Turbo / Full decat with 3" down pipe down pipe into 2.5" centre into Prodrive back box.
Makes a very nice sound but not too noisy.

triggster 10 January 2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pervy_Paul (Post 9811968)
I've got the prodrive back box on mine with a full decat. The only part which is 3" is the turbo downpipe, but that goes down to 2.5" before the next section joins it. Mines a 05 WRX with TD05 and some STI parts and runnin 317bhp at 1.5bar. A 3" system would lose you a little bit of torque over a 2.5" at these kinda power levels too

Thats good figures, I take it TD05 is an upgraded turbo as well ? did you get the down/pipe/de cat middle section all the same make ?
cheers