ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Possible fraudulent insurance details???? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/867296-possible-fraudulent-insurance-details.html)

ScoobySteve69 08 January 2011 07:36 PM

Possible fraudulent insurance details????

Just need some general advice really. My mate`s father in law has a car and has insurance, like most people. Now, his son, who is a waste of air, has rung his Dad`s insurance (which I`m not sure he can actually do) and put himself on his insurance?????? But, also, over the past few years he`s been done for no insurance and drink driving and he reckons it`s only costing £2.50 a week to insure him?????

What do you guys reckon?

Lee247 08 January 2011 07:44 PM

I think he is telling a pack of lies :thumb:

chocolate_o_brian 08 January 2011 07:46 PM

I think I'd like you to PM the full size picture of your avatar please Steve :)

tony de wonderful 08 January 2011 07:47 PM

Are you going to shop him?

ScoobySteve69 08 January 2011 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 9808708)
I think he is telling a pack of lies :thumb:

That`s what we reckon. He`s a complete scumbag. He steals from his parents too, ****.

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 9808712)

I wish I had one :(

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9808715)
Are you going to shop him?

My mates wife (the twats sister) is gonna get her Dad to ring up and check on Monday while she`s there (he`s a bit deaf ;)) and see what the score is.

Dedrater 08 January 2011 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobySteve69 (Post 9808686)
....who is a waste of air.....

What do you guys reckon?

I reckon that sounds like my neighbour.

Moley 08 January 2011 10:29 PM

Make sure he's declared the convictions, or the policy will be void if he has an accident.

kingofturds 08 January 2011 10:38 PM

You cannot just ring up someones insurance company and add yourself to their policy, unless of course he rang pretending to be his Dad.

Is it rang or rung:confused: my old man always told me it was rang.

pslewis 08 January 2011 11:33 PM

He could have contacted them pretending to be his dad, of course.

Not all 82 year olds are as smart and sharp as I am!

Needs to get sorted as, as Moley says, I reckon he has just invalidated the cover for his father too!! :eek:

ScoobySteve69 08 January 2011 11:52 PM

Yeah, my mates wife is gonna be there on Monday when he rings to find out what`s gone on.

ScoobySteve69 15 January 2011 10:57 AM

Update for those interested.......apparently he did ring up to insure himself but didn`t declare the no insurance ban. He`s since had to ring back to declare it and his Dad`s premium has only increased by £26 a month :cuckoo:!!!!!! So for a measly £26 a month there`s a drink driving, insurance dodging **** back on the road :wonder:

andythejock01wrx 15 January 2011 11:15 AM

All good - don't want to be left with no cover in the event of a bump.

Too easy for drivers to think they've got a way with it then have a claim repudiated for non disclosure of a material fact when they have an accident!

Sounds like a wee scrote btw!

Leslie 16 January 2011 11:25 AM

He wants stuffing!

Les :(

stilover 16 January 2011 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobySteve69 (Post 9808686)
Just need some general advice really. My mate`s father in law has a car and has insurance, like most people. Now, his son, who is a waste of air, has rung his Dad`s insurance (which I`m not sure he can actually do) and put himself on his insurance?????? But, also, over the past few years he`s been done for no insurance and drink driving and he reckons it`s only costing £2.50 a week to insure him?????

What do you guys reckon?

I find this hard to believe as:-

A) No insurance company would add £2.50 to the policy if he'd been done for drink driving & no insurance.

B) There is no way his dad would not find out, as he would have been sent new policy details, and had the money deducted from his bank account.

jods 16 January 2011 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 9808712)

+1 :)

ScoobySteve69 16 January 2011 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 9824068)
I find this hard to believe as:-

A) No insurance company would add £2.50 to the policy if he'd been done for drink driving & no insurance.

B) There is no way his dad would not find out, as he would have been sent new policy details, and had the money deducted from his bank account.

Apparently the drink driving was over 5 years ago and the £2.50 was a lie anyway.

When I posted this, it had only just happened (within a day or two) ;)

ScoobySteve69 16 January 2011 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by jods (Post 9824496)
+1 :)

I wish I had it :cry: