ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Gran Turismo 5 Question. (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/866478-gran-turismo-5-question.html)

wrx sti ppp 03 January 2011 09:41 PM

Gran Turismo 5 Question.

what on earth are gift car tickets? :confused:

i had 5 in my car transporter/delivery icon thing...clicked on each, it showed me the car etc and i went to my garage and none of the cars were there!

what the hell are these tickets and how do you use them? :brickwall

SRSport 03 January 2011 09:43 PM

Are these the ones that you win when you complete levels? If they are they go in to the lorry and you have to click in them individually to put them in to your garage.

jerry555 03 January 2011 09:43 PM

You select them, then It asked you if you want to use them.

Say yes, then they will go to your garage.

SRSport 03 January 2011 09:46 PM

Anyone having issues playing when the PS3 is on line?

Mine updated to version **.* and now it just freezes everytime I try to play it. Considering how much it costs to buy a PS3, the game and broadband its pretty shabby.

prodriverules 03 January 2011 09:48 PM

^^^^Mine just won't go on-line full stop:mad:

green fast machine 03 January 2011 09:51 PM

yeah mines the same think theres a connect problem tonight me thinks it seems temprimental tonight tbh

SRSport 03 January 2011 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by prodriverules (Post 9798298)
^^^^Mine just won't go on-line full stop:mad:

The PS3 wont go online or you cant play on line?

Steve_PPP 03 January 2011 11:27 PM

i've been using GT5 online for a week with no problems whatsoever. Hours and hours of fun.

Although i've only been playing it single-player today....

rossyboy 03 January 2011 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by jerry555 (Post 9798282)

then you sell each and every one so that you can get a decent car :thumb:

Jamo 03 January 2011 11:54 PM

im at the point in the game where the cars you get it wont allow you to sell :( I was looking forward to selling the veyron lol

prodriverules 03 January 2011 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by SRSport (Post 9798318)
The PS3 wont go online or you cant play on line?

Myn won't except the wep code?

Mus 04 January 2011 12:02 AM

online it's complete bollox been trying to play Banny his been whopping me and I nearly broke my ps3 by kicking it, the car just keeps drifting to one side for no reason I've got all settings off then I though lt might be traction issues so I turned the traction control all the way up and i still get the same problem.

banny sti 04 January 2011 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mus (Post 9798714)
online it's complete bollox been trying to play Banny his been whopping me and I nearly broke my ps3 by kicking it, the car just keeps drifting to one side for no reason I've got all settings off then I though lt might be traction issues so I turned the traction control all the way up and i still get the same problem.

Mus im just that good :D

Steve_PPP 04 January 2011 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mus (Post 9798714)
the car just keeps drifting to one side for no reason I've got all settings off then I though lt might be traction issues so I turned the traction control all the way up and i still get the same problem.

Sounds like what happens when you hit stuff, the damage penalty makes the car drift one way or the other for a short while after impacts.

Stop crashing into stuff! :lol1:

Mus 04 January 2011 09:08 AM

lol I don't that dirty northerner keeps smashing in to me lmao. I'll get on tonight and give it another try.

does Internet connection slow things down too?

Gear Head 04 January 2011 11:31 AM

I guess I will put up with forza 3 and f1 2010 on my ancient xbox 360 for the time being then! :D

Was really tempted to go out and buy a ps3 just for gt5. Not a chance now.

banny sti 04 January 2011 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100 (Post 9799046)
I guess I will put up with forza 3 and f1 2010 on my ancient xbox 360 for the time being then! :D

Was really tempted to go out and buy a ps3 just for gt5. Not a chance now.

Your loss fella :p

speedking 04 January 2011 01:27 PM

We've had to delete all (GT5) saved data and uninstall and re-install as the game stopped working :( Said we had been playing for 27 days after only owning it for 1 day! Reading up, there seem to be some fairly common data corruption issues with GT5 and updates.

Gear Head 04 January 2011 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 9799072)
Your loss fella :p

That's ok. I'm quite happy kicking everyones backside on F1 2010. only in the top 4% at the moment, but I am getting there! :D

wrx sti ppp 04 January 2011 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by jerry555 (Post 9798282)

Yup, did that and it put me in that car when i did the first one. so i decided i didnt want to drive any of those cars so i said no to using them and then the ticket disappeared and i only have the cars i bought in my garage, none of these free ones when you level up.

anyone any idea where they might be, surely i cant have forgone them just cos i didnt want to use them there and then?

banny sti 04 January 2011 05:57 PM

Have a look under the standard section in the garage.

wrx sti ppp 04 January 2011 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 9799893)
Have a look under the standard section in the garage.

and thats where they all are! doh! i guess that standard cars are the ones you get awarded and premium are those that you buy. thanks for the yellow wagon matey! :thumb: