ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Earthquake (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/866477-earthquake.html)

s70rjw 03 January 2011 09:39 PM

Earthquake

Anyone feel it a few mins ago North of England? Little one,3.7 on Richter scale epicentre in Ripley, North Yorkshire. Wife's on the other sofa,so it was nothing of a sexual nature....

joz8968 03 January 2011 09:55 PM

I've experienced a few nere in Leic. in the past. The last one (about 2 years ago) was f**kin' scary. Really gives the impression the world's about to end.

Gives me the willies; don't like it one iota (state the obvious). :(

Myles 03 January 2011 09:56 PM

The end of the North is nigh!

DYK 03 January 2011 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 9798327)
I've experienced a few nere in Leic. in the past. The last one (about 2 years ago) was f**ckin' scary. Really give the impression the world's about to end.

Gves me the willies. :(

well we are getting near 2012..:thumb:

The moment it happens i want to crack open a beer and have sex with a women for the last time...:norty:

Janspeed 03 January 2011 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by s70rjw (Post 9798268)
Anyone feel it a few mins ago North of England? Little one,3.7 on Richter scale epicentre in Ripley, North Yorkshire. Wife's on the other sofa,so it was nothing of a sexual nature....

3.7?

Are you joking?

:lol1:

Prolly someone farting ffs!

joz8968 03 January 2011 10:01 PM

Even though it's obviously low on the scale, what transpires in reality is not pleasant.

The vibrations and noises are genuinely unsettling.

Aaron1978 03 January 2011 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by DYK (Post 9798346)
well we are getting near 2012..:thumb:

The moment it happens i want to crack open a beer and have sex with a women for the first time...:norty:

EFA:D

ronjeramy 03 January 2011 10:02 PM

Never felt anything here in Shakey Wakey :lol1:well i coped a feel of our lass, that was it :D

DYK 03 January 2011 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 9798367)
Even though it's obviously low on the scale, what transpires in reality is not pleasant.

The vibrations and noises are genuinely unsettling.

The pic of that woman shaking her breast,i reckon if i stare at it long enough,it will set off an earthquake in my pants..:D

DYK 03 January 2011 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 9798369)
EFA:D

Barstard i said last time,:lol1:

joz8968 03 January 2011 10:07 PM

:lol1:

ScoobyDriverWannabe 03 January 2011 10:28 PM

PETERLEE DISASTER APPEAL

As you are probably aware a massive earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale struck Peterlee. The earthquake decimated the entire area causing about 30 quids worth of damage. Several priceless collections of ashtrays from the Balearics and Tenerife were damaged beyond repair.

Three historic areas of burnt out cars, some over seven years old were disturbed. Many locals were awoken before their Giro's arrived. SKY reported that hundreds of locals were confused, bewildered and still trying to come to terms with the loss of Ladbrokes.

One resident a Miss Sharon Smith, a 15 year old grandmother of six said "It was a shock to my little Chardonnay Mercedes. She came into my room crying and put me and Winston off our stroke but my youngest two Tyler Morgan and Brooklyn Romeo Rainbow luckily slept through it all. I was still shaking
whilst watching Trisha the next day".

Apparently looting, mugging and car crime did carry on as normal.

The Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4000 crates of lager into the area to help the stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have recovered large amounts of belongings including Benefit
Books, jewellery by Elizabeth Duke at Argos and finest bone china from Mad Harry's.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothes parcels for those caught up in the disaster. Clothing is urgently needed and amongst the most sought after items are;
* Fila or Burberry Baseball Caps
* Kappa Tracksuit Tops (his and hers)
* Adidas Trackie Bottoms 3/4 length,
* White Socks
* Rockport Boots
* and anything else from SportsDirect

Food parcels must take into consideration local tastes and should include Micro Meals, Pot Noodles, Baked Beanz, Super Noodles, Sausage Rolls and Greggs pasties for the babies. Special brew or Thunderbird would also be gratefully received.

Every little helps. Remember:
* 22p buys a biro to help fill in a compensation form
* £2.00 buys chips with curry and blue Panda pop for a family of nine
* £5.00 buys 20 B&H and a box of Swan Vestas to calm the nerves of a grieving ten year old

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

joz8968 03 January 2011 10:31 PM

LOL

boomer 03 January 2011 10:45 PM

Earthquake hits northern England

mb

Lisawrx 03 January 2011 11:33 PM

:lol1:@SDW.

Never felt a thing here, but we are a bit further north than Ripley.

JonMc 04 January 2011 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 9798336)
The end of the North is nigh!

I'm trying to work out the negatives of that thought:D

JonMc 04 January 2011 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe (Post 9798455)
PETERLEE DISASTER APPEAL

As you are probably aware a massive earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale struck Peterlee. The earthquake decimated the entire area causing about 30 quids worth of damage. Several priceless collections of ashtrays from the Balearics and Tenerife were damaged beyond repair.

Three historic areas of burnt out cars, some over seven years old were disturbed. Many locals were awoken before their Giro's arrived. SKY reported that hundreds of locals were confused, bewildered and still trying to come to terms with the loss of Ladbrokes.

One resident a Miss Sharon Smith, a 15 year old grandmother of six said "It was a shock to my little Chardonnay Mercedes. She came into my room crying and put me and Winston off our stroke but my youngest two Tyler Morgan and Brooklyn Romeo Rainbow luckily slept through it all. I was still shaking
whilst watching Trisha the next day".

Apparently looting, mugging and car crime did carry on as normal.

The Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4000 crates of lager into the area to help the stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have recovered large amounts of belongings including Benefit
Books, jewellery by Elizabeth Duke at Argos and finest bone china from Mad Harry's.

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothes parcels for those caught up in the disaster. Clothing is urgently needed and amongst the most sought after items are;
* Fila or Burberry Baseball Caps
* Kappa Tracksuit Tops (his and hers)
* Adidas Trackie Bottoms 3/4 length,
* White Socks
* Rockport Boots
* and anything else from SportsDirect

Food parcels must take into consideration local tastes and should include Micro Meals, Pot Noodles, Baked Beanz, Super Noodles, Sausage Rolls and Greggs pasties for the babies. Special brew or Thunderbird would also be gratefully received.

Every little helps. Remember:
* 22p buys a biro to help fill in a compensation form
* £2.00 buys chips with curry and blue Panda pop for a family of nine
* £5.00 buys 20 B&H and a box of Swan Vestas to calm the nerves of a grieving ten year old

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

LMFAO:lol1:

Leslie 04 January 2011 11:29 AM

It is certainly alarming when you feel something like that which is beyond any power to control.

They have them regularly in parts of New Zealand and get used to them.

Les

ScoobyDriverWannabe 04 January 2011 12:01 PM

I remember that one we had a few years ago.

I was playing counterstrike online with some friends, we were all on Ventrillo (VOIP app a bit like Skype).

One of them was in Manchester said wow we just had a earth quake. Everyone started taking the piss, then another one of the lads felt it.

Then not long after I felt it up here in Sunderland.

Quite a weird experience.

joz8968 04 January 2011 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9799040)
It is certainly alarming when you feel something like that which is beyond any power to control....

That's the scary thing about 'em.