ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Helppp !!! Red Key Light On Dashbord?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/865955-helppp-red-key-light-on-dashbord.html)

scotty21 31 December 2010 03:07 PM

Helppp !!! Red Key Light On Dashbord??

Hi there ,,, ive got a 2001 wrx bugeye which was orignally from Rotterdam ,, and my dad changed the battery on the car to put a new battery on ,, and when i went to start the car, the fuel pumps working and the engine is trying to turn over but not fireing up ,, then the red key light come up on the dashbord,, any body know whats up with the immobilizer??
Thanks Scott

Leonboy 31 December 2010 03:14 PM

Have u put the code in it?

scotty21 31 December 2010 03:17 PM

were abouts do you put the code in mate ? because i rang up the main dealers and they say under the streering wheel but there is only a fuse box there

Leonboy 31 December 2010 03:30 PM

is it not in the glove box? or under the glove box?

scotty21 31 December 2010 03:40 PM

ill check cheers :)

scotty21 31 December 2010 03:45 PM

dosesnt seem to be anything there :(

Leonboy 31 December 2010 03:55 PM

well on my 00 impreza it is in the glovebox, your just going to have to search for it, its in there somewhere

joey_turbo 31 December 2010 04:01 PM

The red key light relates more to the factory immobilser than the Sigma one. Bein from Rotterdam, it may not even have a sigma alarm.
Do you have a blue key fob?

scotty21 31 December 2010 04:32 PM

are right , its got just two normal keys with the car , one being the spare, with the bult in lock and de lock button , no fobs or anything

Jolly Green Monster 31 December 2010 06:35 PM

sounds like the ecu has lost the key code.. which is unusual.

Any ecutek dealer should be able to plug in and reprogram the key for you, the only mystery is why.

Where is the car?

Simon

Myles 31 December 2010 06:37 PM

My sigma keypad is mounted behind the rear view mirror, on the windscreen. Never used it or had the need to.

PS might not be the same keypad you require.

joey_turbo 31 December 2010 10:43 PM

I had a similar problem recently. I pushed the car forward a bit, put the key in and left it till the light went out. I tried it a few times and took the key out for a few minutes in between. I was getting error code 53 on this.

JonMc 31 December 2010 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 9791617)
My sigma keypad is mounted behind the rear view mirror, on the windscreen. Never used it or had the need to.

PS might not be the same keypad you require.

That sound more like that aftermarket sigma I had on my last car - the subaru fitted ones have a keypad fitted in the drop down panel just above the bonnet release catch:?

bugeyejohn 31 December 2010 10:49 PM

Where your fog light switches and headlight beam controller are about 8 inches below you will see a plastic cover pull out the top and you will see the keypad for manually turning of the alarm id try that first

joey_turbo 31 December 2010 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by bugeyejohn (Post 9792016)
Where your fog light switches and headlight beam controller are about 8 inches below you will see a plastic cover pull out the top and you will see the keypad for manually turning of the alarm id try that first

He's already confrimed he doesn't have a sigma alarm at all.