ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   Crashed newage Queensferry :( (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/864945-crashed-newage-queensferry.html)

BLU 22 December 2010 08:18 PM

Crashed newage Queensferry :(

04 newage (silver or light blue) at side of road facing the wrong way on A494 towards Queensferry, hope you're ok :(

c_n_j 22 December 2010 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by blu-scoob (Post 9778858)
04 newage (silver or light blue) at side of road facing the wrong way on A494 towards Queensferry, hope you're ok :(

Not nice. Hope they're OK. Was a nightmare when I was there this morning.

Was it you I saw in Buckley today blu? If it was, apologies, I was totally in a world of my own!

BLU 22 December 2010 08:27 PM

Sounded pretty bad, was my missus that saw it, she was quite upset to see it :(

It gets ridiculously busy there at rush hour, wish they'd hurry up and put the 3 lanes up Aston Hill!

Was that you on Mold Road, if yes that was me :D

c_n_j 22 December 2010 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by blu-scoob (Post 9778877)

It gets ridiculously busy there at rush hour, wish they'd hurry up and put the 3 lanes up Aston Hill!

Yeah that was me on Mold Road, had to go visit the parents.

richgreenscooby1 22 December 2010 09:26 PM

what time was that la ???????

BLU 22 December 2010 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by richgreenscooby1 (Post 9779001)
what time was that la ???????

Bout 5pm ish

richgreenscooby1 23 December 2010 12:03 AM

was in on the asda sliproad heading towards silverstone , i saw gritter and council truck thing there , and copper going that way ?

poo2y 23 December 2010 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by blu-scoob (Post 9778877)

The aston hill widening project isn't going ahead , god knows how much money has been wasted compulsery purchasing and demolishing all the houses then it being canned !

Nigel

c_n_j 23 December 2010 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by poo2y (Post 9779552)
The aston hill widening project isn't going ahead , god knows how much money has been wasted compulsery purchasing and demolishing all the houses then it being canned !

Nigel

True, Flintshire CC and the Welsh Development Agency (or whatever they're called now) at their best!

BLU 23 December 2010 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by poo2y (Post 9779552)

It hasn't be canned. Its been postponed till 2014 when they are apparently scaling down the project which will hopefully give it the go ahead, by god its needed.

Originally Posted by c_n_j (Post 9779613)
True, Flintshire CC and the Welsh Development Agency (or whatever they're called now) at their best!

It was out of Flintshire CC hands. It was due to the immense amount of whingebags who don't want to see, what is essentially, North Wales being brought kicking and screaming into the 21st century. Only South Wales has a motorway. Us in the North can't seem to have one coz of the stoopid moaning blue rinse brigade :mad:

c_n_j 23 December 2010 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by blu-scoob (Post 9780146)
It hasn't be canned. Its been postponed till 2014 when they are apparently scaling down the project which will hopefully give it the go ahead, by god its needed.

It was out of Flintshire CC hands. It was due to the immense amount of whingebags who don't want to see, what is essentially, North Wales being brought kicking and screaming into the 21st century. Only South Wales has a motorway. Us in the North can't seem to have one coz of the stoopid moaning blue rinse brigade :mad:

Something defo needs to be done. Thing is, the whingers will moan no matter what's done. They aren't happy about the traffic, and they're not happy about the solution.
Have you heard anything about what the scaled back plans would be, or are they still looking at potential solutions?

BLU 27 December 2010 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by c_n_j (Post 9780342)
Something defo needs to be done. Thing is, the whingers will moan no matter what's done. They aren't happy about the traffic, and they're not happy about the solution.
Have you heard anything about what the scaled back plans would be, or are they still looking at potential solutions?

I've not heard anything solid, however I suspect it will be 3 lanes up 2 lanes down at the least! (needs 3 up 3 down imo)
They're building affordable homes on the site (Aston Mead) where they compulsary purchased the homes :Whatever_ but are leaving a strip of land for any future 'road development' so hopefully something will be done.