ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   North East owners, where do you take yours? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/864233-north-east-owners-where-do-you-take-yours.html)

badman1972 16 December 2010 09:20 PM

North East owners, where do you take yours?

I am in Saltburn near Middlesbrough (North East England) and wonder where those around me trust their cars to for servicing etc

Midlife...... 16 December 2010 09:26 PM

AS Performance, Harvey to name a couple......... have you joined Tyne Tees Scoobies and seen what the locals are up to ? :D

Shaun

lordharding 16 December 2010 09:30 PM

I have been taken mine to Alan at AS performance for 7 years
And it's 140 mile round trip ,but that doesn't matter as the job is done right and at a great price

Harvey is also very well recommended to

Join tts and see where people go after all they have been going ten years
Also lots of the CS guys go over to the north east too

badman1972 16 December 2010 10:10 PM

Brilliant, thanks for the replies, forgot about TTS (shame on me!!) so have posted over there too :cool:

Dazza9t9 16 December 2010 10:53 PM

Hi fella,

I am from Normanby, Boro live in west yorkshire now mind. Anyways join NESF.com i think it was. But get in touch with a guy called drew. He is a machanic who has his own garage at home. He has a few scoobs himself.

He has done a bit of my car and I am always happy. He lives in durham near bemish

badman1972 17 December 2010 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Dazza9t9 (Post 9769331)
Hi fella,

I am from Normanby, Boro live in west yorkshire now mind. Anyways join NESF.com i think it was. But get in touch with a guy called drew. He is a machanic who has his own garage at home. He has a few scoobs himself.

He has done a bit of my car and I am always happy. He lives in durham near bemish

Cheers Daz, much appreciated mate :thumb:

Lady Luck 17 December 2010 07:12 AM

We use Drew, never personally met him as I never take the car but my fella can't fault him in the slightest.

We sometimes use Hi Performance in Sunderland too due to their good reputation and word of mouth from other friends with performance cars. There's one just off the big roundabout next to Stadium of Light, and another just off the Barnes roundabout.

Norman Dog 17 December 2010 07:14 AM

Always take mine to AS Performance. :thumb:

kgt 17 December 2010 07:50 AM

Get on www.nesf.co.uk and ask the crew there. Another option is Andy Kindon in Chester Le Street - very well respected.

Mikkel 17 December 2010 01:35 PM

Always used to take my car to Alyn at AS Performance (Birtley) for its service.

alcazar 17 December 2010 01:36 PM

Another vote for Harvey and Darren.

stilover 17 December 2010 05:06 PM

I always took mine to SG Petch at Richmond.

Top guys there. Always happy to chat, know there Subaru's, and you actually feel like they care.

Jamz_ 18 December 2010 12:16 AM

Another vote for Drew and Alyn @ ASP... they're both on www.tyneteesscoobies.co.uk

scooberuni 18 December 2010 02:01 AM

Why would you go to AS Performance for a service if you lived in Saltburn? It's fecking miles away! If you want servicing and you live in the Boro area then go somewhere in the boro. I see no point in travelling all the way up to Geordieland for the day just for a service.

lordharding 18 December 2010 07:30 AM

I travel 140 miles for a service with Alan along with many others from even further away in cumbria
Makes a day out of it with a trip to the metro centre which is only ten minutes away
When a man is honest enough with you to say you don't need brake pads for another six months you know you can trust him

And of course the drive back via the twistys is always worth it

Harvey has also got a great reputation for quality and value for money along with Drew .

ukjesters 18 December 2010 09:46 AM

Used Alyn a few times with me old scoob & has been said he's very honest & reasonably priced. I only take my current scoob to dennis common because i want to keep up the main dealer service history. I know that they're dearer but they also have gained my trust due to the excellant work/deals/help that they have givem me over the past 3 years.

Regards
Rick