ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Drink Driving Trafficlawyer4U (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/864021-drink-driving-trafficlawyer4u.html)

Jap Import 15 December 2010 09:50 AM

Drink Driving Trafficlawyer4U

I understand it's a Google ad, but WTF!
An automotive enthusiasts website and an encouraging add, promising a possible way out if caught drink driving.

Caught Drink Driving @ Christmas?Save Your Licence! Call 08000325930Trafficlawyer4u. com/ Christmas-Drink

If you are caught drink driving, let them put you balls on the kerb and well and truely stamp HARD on them :nono:

DYL 4N 15 December 2010 10:40 AM

I Agree.
Drink Drivers deserve to never drive again!!!!!!!

Richie856 15 December 2010 10:51 AM

Totally agree with above. Should be jail every time.
You hear about people who get caught 2 or 3 times and it only sinks in when the prison door slams shut on them.
We should also be like other countries where the limit is an absolute zero.
Then there would be no doubt about the 'can I have 1 pint or 2?'.
Why it can be so hard for the government to implement it is beyond me.

what would scooby do 15 December 2010 11:03 AM

I viewed scoobynet last week using google chrome without any ad blocker running - what a nightmare it was :mad: I'll never try that again...

Dedrater 15 December 2010 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jap Import (Post 9766291)
Caught Drink Driving @ Christmas? Save Your Licence! Call 08000325930Trafficlawyer4u. com

Leslie 16 December 2010 12:34 PM

The solution is so easy though. Just takes a bit of thought and responsiblity.

Les

what would scooby do 16 December 2010 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9768062)
The solution is so easy though. Just takes a bit of thought and responsiblity.

Les

Yes, if you can't get the key in the ignition first time, call a cab :D

GC8WRX 16 December 2010 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by DYL 4N (Post 9766359)
I Agree.
Drink Drivers deserve to never drive again!!!!!!!

Tell that to the copper who got off with drink driving because he ordered drinks and didnt know the alcohol content of them so he was let off by macclesfield magistrates........... he still has his license!

if i tried that i would have the book thrown at me, its all over our local rag, even the columnists are bleating about it saying it has opened the floodgates for the same excuse to be used by other people.

google macc express and read for yourself, its disgusting the way pigs never get done properly, its like having a badge means you can drive at 140mph, leave dogs to die in the back of vans and man handle disabled people at will!

speedking 16 December 2010 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Richie856 (Post 9766369)
We should also be like other countries where the limit is an absolute zero.
Then there would be no doubt about the 'can I have 1 pint or 2?'.
Why it can be so hard for the government to implement it is beyond me.

The morning after, two mornings after, sherry trifle, medicine, mouthwash, working with certain adhesives, etc.

Leslie 16 December 2010 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by what would scooby do (Post 9768094)
Yes, if you can't get the key in the ignition first time, call a cab :D

Yes I know it sounds funny, but I can't forget the drunk who drove up onto the pavement at high speed one night and would have killed my Mum if she had not been able to get out of the way through a front garden gate which was open.

Its the ones you kill who get the real short straw!

Les

Leslie 16 December 2010 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by speedking (Post 9768157)
The morning after, two mornings after, sherry trifle, medicine, mouthwash, working with certain adhesives, etc.

They do say that you might very well be even more danger to others on the morning after than on the actual night!

Les

SJ_Skyline 16 December 2010 02:46 PM

Good post :thumb:

Precisely the reason why there should be a a limit greater than zero.

Lisawrx 16 December 2010 02:48 PM

Jeez, you would have been on some bender if you were still over the limit two mornings after a night out. :eek:

I would have thought, but this is a more complicated area. How do you know for sure when you are actually ok to drive after a night out?

douglasb 16 December 2010 03:09 PM

The short answer is that you don't know (and there is no reliable way of knowing) when you are ok to drive the morning after unless you have a personal breathalyser.

Richie856 16 December 2010 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 9768111)
Tell that to the copper who got off with drink driving because he ordered drinks and didnt know the alcohol content of them so he was let off by macclesfield magistrates........... he still has his license!

if i tried that i would have the book thrown at me, its all over our local rag, even the columnists are bleating about it saying it has opened the floodgates for the same excuse to be used by other people.

google macc express and read for yourself, its disgusting the way pigs never get done properly, its like having a badge means you can drive at 140mph, leave dogs to die in the back of vans and man handle disabled people at will!

Mmm. Not a fan of the police then? It's not the case at all.
You might find that 'pigs' get found not guilty but still lose his job.
There have plenty of times when it's been the opposite sentence/fine where the cop has been made an example of.

Oh....and have you not read the other thread about that poor, poor 'wheelchair bound' man?? Boo hoo for him :(

s70rjw 16 December 2010 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Richie856 (Post 9768711)
There have plenty of times when it's been the opposite sentence/fine where the cop has been made an example of.

Oh....and have you not read the other thread about that poor, poor 'wheelchair bound' man?? Boo hoo for him :(

I get a similar impression GCX8 whatever is a closet police hater. He tried to sell himself as a gangsta or pretended he and was rumbled.
Truth of GXC8 's rant is that the barman spiked the off duty cops drinks and not as the poster exaggerated. The full story is here:

http://menmedia.co.uk/macclesfieldex...o_cheer_him_up

stedee 16 December 2010 08:05 PM

not convinced with that story

and i think the limit is about right tbh.

Leslie 18 December 2010 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by douglasb (Post 9768329)
The short answer is that you don't know (and there is no reliable way of knowing) when you are ok to drive the morning after unless you have a personal breathalyser.

If you are uncertain...don't drive!

If you desperately need to however, you should have been responsible enough to think about that on the previous night!

Les

L.J.F 18 December 2010 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by douglasb (Post 9768329)

Or you need to keep track of how many units you consume and then use the 1 unit = 1hr rule.

For example if you consume 10 units of alcohol in a evening it will 1 hr for the body to start to process and digest the first unit then 10hrs til the alcohol is out of the system.

3 units= 4hrs
5 units= 6hrs
7 units =7hrs

Each unit equals a hr plus the body wont start digeting for the first hr.

HTH

Dedrater 18 December 2010 04:10 PM

That has been shown to be the most unreliable method you can use ^^

PaulC72 18 December 2010 04:41 PM

the only sure way to know a limit is to have one set at zero, no confusion, no arguement if caught.

Mitchy260 18 December 2010 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Richie856 (Post 9766369)
Totally agree with above. Should be jail every time.

Little OTT especially considering driving the day after the night before. You never really know, sunday afternoon/evening for example if you are still over the limit. Not really fair to put this kind of person into prison for an error of misjudgement.

3 x though and I'd agree with you.

PaulC72 18 December 2010 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mitchy260 (Post 9771861)
Little OTT especially considering driving the day after the night before. You never really know, sunday afternoon/evening for example if you are still over the limit. Not really fair to put this kind of person into prison for an error of misjudgement.

3 x though and I'd agree with you.

I suppose that would depend on if they have just driven down the road and ploughed into some kids...........

GC8WRX 18 December 2010 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Richie856 (Post 9768711)

are you a copper?

I thought being over the limit is a definate ban.

Not if your a copper its not.

one rule for them.............

GC8WRX 18 December 2010 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by s70rjw (Post 9768929)
I get a similar impression GCX8 whatever is a closet police hater. He tried to sell himself as a gangsta or pretended he and was rumbled.
Truth of GXC8 's rant is that the barman spiked the off duty cops drinks and not as the poster exaggerated. The full story is here:

http://menmedia.co.uk/macclesfieldex...o_cheer_him_up

Bollocks, i know the bar man personally, he was a good mate of the copper and explained to the courts that he had given the copper stronger drinks than he had ordered and we are talking stella tops here. The pig had ordered a shandy but got given larger tops instead (like you couldnt tell the difference) and asked the barman to back his story up, they are mates FFS of course he was going to back the story up.

Who mentioned spiking drinks?

Since when has giving out a larger top instead of a shandy equated to putting ghb into someones drink?

And i dont think in a gangsta i just havent been wrapped up in cotton wool like some of the excuses for men that post on here!

GC8WRX 18 December 2010 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by L.J.F (Post 9771787)
Or you need to keep track of how many units you consume and then use the 1 unit = 1hr rule.

For example if you consume 10 units of alcohol in a evening it will 1 hr for the body to start to process and digest the first unit then 10hrs til the alcohol is out of the system.

3 units= 4hrs
5 units= 6hrs
7 units =7hrs

Each unit equals a hr plus the body wont start digeting for the first hr.

HTH

im not having that, some might say im speaking bollocks but i have been in a car when someone has had six pints over 4 hours and passed a breath test!

Coppers said he was ok to drive and let him on his way

boomer 18 December 2010 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dedrater (Post 9771808)
That has been shown to be the most unreliable method you can use ^^

Would you like to back that statement up with some sort of scientific proof?

As an example, i would expect that tossing a coin would be less accurate that something based on the scientific study of the rate of metabolism of the human liver!

mb

Dedrater 18 December 2010 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by boomer (Post 9772277)
Would you like to back that statement up with some sort of scientific proof?

You can Google it yourself.

Originally Posted by boomer (Post 9772277)
As an example, i would expect that tossing a coin would be less accurate that something based on the scientific study of the rate of metabolism of the human liver!

mb

That is the most stupid thing I have read all week.

Felix. 19 December 2010 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 9771978)
are you a copper?

I thought being over the limit is a definate ban.

Not if your a copper its not.

one rule for them.............

Have to agree, if he was over the limit - he should be banned.

Mind you, i know of cases where the courts have not banned drink drivers (of any profession) using the reasoning that the person is the main bread winner and hence needs to drive

L.J.F 19 December 2010 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 9771998)
im not having that, some might say im speaking bollocks but i have been in a car when someone has had six pints over 4 hours and passed a breath test!

Coppers said he was ok to drive and let him on his way

Some people get lucky! my mate got pulled over and he was rat faced. Passed the test and the copper begrudgingly let him go but told him not to touch the car again that night because he might fail the test in a hours time! prior to being pulled over he and smoked 2 cigarettes in the space of 10mins which i think saved him:eek:

Sadly there will never be a zero drink drive limit due to the fact that so many day to day household products contain alcohol in them. Everyone is different and some people can fail the breathalyser after only 2-3 pints while others can manage more.