ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Is Frankie Boyle still funny? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/863996-is-frankie-boyle-still-funny.html)

Trout 14 December 2010 10:24 PM

Is Frankie Boyle still funny?

I used to think that Frankie was one of the funniest and most subversive broadcast comedian.

Now, not so much. Offensive for the sake of it - what happened to the intelligence?

Hysteria1983 14 December 2010 10:26 PM

I'm watching it too.

My answer - No.

bigtel 14 December 2010 10:26 PM

I was just thinking the same thing, over offensive and not really funny at all!

zip106 14 December 2010 10:26 PM

'Course he isn't funny - he's a Scotchman.

Have to say I never found him funny.

DJ_Jon 14 December 2010 10:28 PM

I saw him live 2 weeks ago, he wasn't as good as his warm up act, Craig Campbell.

sandyRS16i 14 December 2010 10:28 PM

Sorry, his show is just ****e. His stand up DVD was funny, although if you watched Mock the Week after seeing it, you would realise just how much material he regurgetates, seems to have a very small range.

Trout 14 December 2010 10:29 PM

And it was better on Mock the Week.

Hysteria1983 14 December 2010 10:32 PM

It's just stupid, odd and offensive.

Not even in a Katy Brand or Little Miss Jocelyn kind if way.

davyboy 14 December 2010 10:34 PM

...watched him do a stand up a few weeks ago on TV.

He resorted to calling a member of the audience a c$nt to get a laugh. wow, funny guy.

Just watched his TV show and he just drags things down to complete gutter level.

"Hey big man"

Jamie 14 December 2010 10:46 PM

What you are have been watching is crap...........he is funny as fvck live:)

Trout 14 December 2010 10:48 PM

His live show DVD is more offensive than funny as well.

Suresh 14 December 2010 10:58 PM

I part-read his biography and quicky discovered that he is a (far) left-wing, climate change alarmist person of low integrity. Funny isn't a word I'd use to describe him TBH.

DJ_Jon 14 December 2010 11:10 PM

He was funny live, but certainly not as funny as he has been on Mock the Week.

belliott69 14 December 2010 11:28 PM

i still quite like him even if he does push it a bit to far sometimes.

Jay m A 14 December 2010 11:32 PM

I haven't seen anything of him since he left Mock the Week, what have I missed, apart from the Xmas DVD?

Trout 14 December 2010 11:34 PM

He has a weekly show on C4

Bubba po 14 December 2010 11:55 PM

No, I don't think he is. All the subtlety of his classic lines from MTW have been totally lost. :(

Milamber 15 December 2010 12:06 AM

Humour based on the fact that people will think they are uncool if they don't laugh.

jods 15 December 2010 12:14 AM

Personally speaking, I find him dull and boorish.

Having said that, I do LOVE Laurel and Hardy so make your own mind up!

I much prefer gentle humour that doesn't resort to attacking anyone.

Having said THAT - Boyle strikes me as being representative of the entire Scottish Nation! - Ginger Pishheads :P

;)

markjmd 15 December 2010 12:25 AM

Horses for courses, IMO. If you want 'safe' humour that's not going to upset auntie Mildred, stick with Michael McIntyre - he's absolutely brilliant at the genre, and still seems a long way from drying up of new material. If you want something more challenging, you could do a lot worse than Boyle.

As for his lefty leanings, I'd bet a lot of that goes with the territory - trying to get anywhere in media or showbiz these days would probably be 10 times harder for a raging climate-sceptic than for someone who'll happily toe (or pretend to toe) the PC line.

Trout 15 December 2010 12:41 AM

Boyle isn't challenging - he used to be, but not now.

Boyle calls a heckler a c*nt to be funny; Jimmy Carr calls a heckler a c*nt and makes it funny. It's a big difference.

It's not the swearing it's the lack of material in between.

madscoob 15 December 2010 12:59 AM

how can a FRISP be funny or am i missing the point here . russell howard is funny bloody funny without being offensive to his paying audience

Leslie 15 December 2010 09:53 AM

Like all failing comedians he is resorting to the brown mist coming out of his mouth in an effort to get a laugh.

Doesn't work for long, people eventually get fed up with it.

A real comedian does not need such offensive material.

Les

belliott69 15 December 2010 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by markjmd (Post 9766106)
Michael McIntyre.

please don't ever call this sad pile of crap a comedian ever again, thats cruelty to any decent performers left.:lol1:

stilover 15 December 2010 10:15 AM

NOt really been a fan TBH. Went to see him live last year, and although he made me laugh at times, I left feeling disapointed. There is always something said about a comic who has to swear `just` to get a laugh.

Now compare him to say, Jason Manford. Worlds apart. Couldn't stop laughing when I went to see him.

beef-on-the-bone 15 December 2010 10:21 AM

not funny for me

liked him on mock the week, but it was small doses then, he would say the thing the others didn't dare say; not a fan of him on his own.

Clarebabes 15 December 2010 11:00 AM

No, He's a ****!

birchy2010 15 December 2010 11:05 AM

Not funny at all and so arrogant, at his live shows if you leave teh auditorium during the show for ANY reason your not allowed back in, had front row seats for Jimmy Carr, 3rd time i've seen him and SOOOO funny! SO much better than Frankie Boyle!

BuRR 15 December 2010 11:24 AM

I think when someone makes a joke about someone dying of cancer, particularly when a good proportion of the audience would know someone either suffering or have suffered from the condition, he deserves to crash and burn and never work again.

Jamie 15 December 2010 11:53 AM

Good point BuRR but some of us do have a great sense of humour :) even though it might be twisted :D