ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   anyone got a classic on BC coilovers mind doing me a favor (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/863835-anyone-got-a-classic-on-bc-coilovers-mind-doing-me-a-favor.html)

m@t STImulation 13 December 2010 10:35 PM

anyone got a classic on BC coilovers mind doing me a favor

i have a 2nd hand set, and have no idea what height they will leave the car, on the current setting. dont want to drop it down to find i cant get the jack back under to correct the height

would u mind measuring the gap between the top mount and the top nut on the hub (camber bolt)

to give me a starting point save me some time

chrispy200+ 13 December 2010 11:38 PM

Won't be till the weekend probably it comes out of the garage but if you've had no joy by then can measure mine

SiV6Si 14 December 2010 05:33 AM

I recently sold my set to a fellow RB5 owner, the car was sat Approx 40 mm all around. I've got a standard ( halfords size ) car jack, an it only just fitted under my car.

Since put the WR Sport Set up back on, an it sits at the same height.

m@t STImulation 14 December 2010 06:54 PM

chrispy would appreciate that

siv6si thats the problem i dont know if im going to drop it by 60mm atm cant tell where it is set

ade_sti 14 December 2010 10:05 PM

will measure mine for you tomorrow while car is on the ramp getting brakes done. Would it be better measuring from the bottom of the strut to the bottom locking ring - just an idea?

m@t STImulation 15 December 2010 05:16 PM

i was going to measure from the top plate to the bottom locking ring??

m@t STImulation 16 December 2010 08:35 PM

ade_sti any joy??

ade_sti 16 December 2010 11:53 PM

sorry mate car was off ramp when got there - am going back Tuesday - will measure them for you then - sorry mate.

m@t STImulation 17 December 2010 05:54 PM

no problem, im working up till xmass.
not going to get a chance to fit this weekend, my fathers hot water cylinder has given up, so out with that in with a new one tomorrow for me now

m@t STImulation 19 December 2010 08:23 PM

??

ade_sti 19 December 2010 09:15 PM

will measure tomorrow morning for you mate.

ade_sti 20 December 2010 06:32 PM

hi was about to measure them when Steve - guy who does my car told me no point as the bottom part is wound up or down to adjust height and it would depend what height it was on each car.

Best bet is to wind the rings to the spring by hand, then put 5mm of preload on, then fit to the car. Then holding the top of the strut, wide up or down the bottom part to adjust height.

Hope that helps - can measure the bottom part for you if you want, or the whole strut, as am taking the wheels off again - prob next week to paint hubs on disc.

m@t STImulation 20 December 2010 09:13 PM

i just wanted the whole strut as a guide i will go allittle longer its just so on 1st attemt it dosent drop it on its guts