ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Midlands (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/)
-   -   Midlands Convoy to Castle Coombe CCC Day, April 27th? (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/86372-midlands-convoy-to-castle-coombe-ccc-day-april-27th.html)

Squizz 10 April 2002 10:54 AM

Anyone interested?

Castle Coombe is an easy ride down the M5 & M4, then some great driving roads to the circuit. Some nice countryside, and a circuit with total spectator access. You can have a look at everything in the paddock area, too.

The "Car and Car Conversions" magazine day used to produce some fantastic machinery, but these days its more or less Cossies/Evos/Scoobs/Skylines. :rolleyes:

£6 each entry to spectate.

You can book track sessions as well, check out the "Action Days" section of their site:
Castle Coombe

Cheers,
Squizz.

RESSE 10 April 2002 04:21 PM

Squizz - definately up for it (travelling from Lichfield, Staffordshire).

Richard

Squizz 10 April 2002 04:42 PM

Hello again Richard - It'd be a pleasure to get to meet you at last!

What will you be driving?

RESSE 10 April 2002 05:00 PM

Well unfortunately I sold the Scoob, and bought a Honda S2000, bl**dy hell what a disappointment.

We are moving house (to Albrighton, Shropshire) and she who must be obeyed said I must have something less expensive......so I sold the Honda and bought an E30 M3 (1989) and love it to bits - not as quick as the Subaru, but the handling is unbelieveable - especially as the car has just been fitted with Bilstein Group N suspension.

PS The wife does NOT know about the suspension - OK! :D :D

Richard

Fizz 10 April 2002 05:35 PM

count me in ... I won't play rugger that day even if we have a game.... :D

Matty B 10 April 2002 08:17 PM

Hmmm....
birthday "boy" is interested, but may have other plans made for him ;)

Matthew

The Blade 11 April 2002 08:26 AM

Squizz,

Cant go http://www.smilies.nl/cry.gif

Would love to go but alas I am leaving the country that day http://www.smilies.nl/groot/switzerland.gif

Have a good day out and drive safely !!

http://www.smilies.nl/muziek/music487.gif

Rob

Squizz 11 April 2002 10:25 AM

Richard - Can't wait to meet you and see your bimmer. Interested to hear your thoughts on the S2000, too. Oh, and you can give Karen a beating over not buying that wonderful black WRX of yours! :rolleyes:

MattyB - ;)

Fizz - Let's see if we find that Pink Countach on the way there again this year, eh? I believe the tables would be turned this time!!! :D (ah, memories... ~ Cue flashback! ~ )

Rob - All the best wishes for the future, if I don't seeya in the meantime... :cool:

Anyone else up for this?

Last time our small convoy of two Impreza's, a Punto GT, and a Calibra were buzzed by another convoy. Mutual nods of appreciation were exchanged with the...

Porsche 911 Turbo,
Audi Quattro,
Cossie RS500,
Mitsubishi FTOs,
etc...

:D

RESSE 11 April 2002 11:36 AM

Squizz - all clear with Mrs. Etheridge (i.e. she has given me permission to come out to play) - really looking forward to a great day :D

Squizz 16 April 2002 08:36 AM

Now Scoobynet is back up, I can continue with the arrangements...

Convoy so far (In best 'Big One' Stylee):

1) MY99 Impreza Turbo (mine!)
2) MY01 WRX (Fizz)
3) BMW M3 (Mr.Etheridge)
4) Mitsubfishy FTO
5) Punto GT

I think the best thing to do currently is meet at the southbound Strensham services at the M5/M50 junction from 8.30am until 9am. Then we can push on the rest of the way... :)

RESSE 16 April 2002 02:34 PM

0830 @ Strensham sounds good to me - I will be there :D

Richard

Squizz 16 April 2002 03:25 PM

Nice one, Rich. ;)

Mr.Askew - You up for this?

Tony? James & James ? naTurbo?

Unfortunately my old TR7V8 will be hitting the roads again in June, so will just miss out on this event... :(

JCM7611 16 April 2002 04:22 PM

Will have to see on this one, probably have to miss it, being a Saturday. You never know though (he said with fingers crossed)

James

Richard Askew 16 April 2002 04:28 PM

Dunno yet mate - tis the weekend b4 the ring trip so I might be polishing the car or summat ;)

Squizz 17 April 2002 08:38 AM

LOL! :D

You - Polishing your car! :) You may be busy polishing something, but it won't be your car, matey!! :eek:

:rolleyes:

Squizz 18 April 2002 12:21 PM

Anyone else? :confused:

Squizz 18 April 2002 01:29 PM

Just sit back, and watch the tumbleweed... :rolleyes:

T5NYW 18 April 2002 06:58 PM

Squizz,
Might be able to get a couple of tanks of fuel and join you all:D:D:D but have to be in work at 6pm Saturday night:(:(:( and sneak out before Mrs T5ny sees

daz evo 18 April 2002 08:18 PM

yeah m8 fancy this might go out on track aswell see ya at stentham bye.............

Squizz 19 April 2002 08:25 AM

Tony, if you went you'd only get itchy feet and wanna hurl it round "Quarry". (Big Hairpin thingy - The place to watch if you like fender-benders! :eek: ).

daz - Nice one. If you book a session, you may have to get there earlier for a driver's briefing. But I'm not sure having seen some of the driving last year!! :rolleyes:

We'll all be rooting for you, and hopefully we'll get some digi-video action of you too. :)

snowcrash 19 April 2002 02:47 PM

guys - a few of us from around that area (down south) are going as well maybe we could all meet up (depending on which m-way and junction you are comming from)...

Squizz 22 April 2002 08:59 AM

Snowcrash - I'd be up for a meet! But I'm stuck for a venue, coz I don't think we pass any services on the M4 on the way there...

...Do you know the Pucklechurch Industrial Estate just off the motorway? I'm sure there's some lay-by's just outside it. I could try and figure out when we'd be there??

Otherwise, we'll probably park along the grass on Avon Rise, heading to Quarry. (Turn left from the paddock entrance and go up the gentle hill).

Cheers,
Squizz.

snowcrash 22 April 2002 07:39 PM

m8 i live in Yate about 2 mins from that M4 Junction :D

so even if we all meet up on the laybay just off the M4 junction (the one with the burger van- just after the massive old Estate Park Gates) would be a-ok with me :) as i have to go that way to castle coombe...

pick a spot ;) or tell me the route u are going and i will pick a spot along it ;)

email me squizz : siymann@yahoo.com

[Edited to add email address by snowcrash - 4/22/2002 7:41:18 PM]

[Edited by snowcrash - 4/22/2002 11:19:05 PM]

SteveB 22 April 2002 11:43 PM

Not sure if I can make this one but as a suggestion of meet etc for all the local lads to meet up with you - Junction 18 M4, take first exit onto A46 signed Stroud. In about 800yds there is a layby on the left which normally has a decent burger van. From there it's follow the A46 until Cross Hands traffic lights (2 miles), turn right onto the B.... (great roads!!!) to Castle Combe.

Have a good time If I don't see you

Steve.

Squizz 23 April 2002 09:03 AM

Snowcrash - You have mail! ;)

SteveB - That's the route we always take. :D Part of that road was also used by Tiff in his EVO VII vs STi7 comparison on 5th Gear. (That lovely 90 degree right hander near the old stone tower).

So come on, anyone else? Has Tiff given you the taste for some Castle Coombe action!!?? :p

snowcrash 23 April 2002 10:50 AM

squizz YHM ;)

markcp 23 April 2002 12:01 PM

What time are you guys planning on meeting? I'm probably coming across from South Wales so may meet you there too.

Cheers,

Mark.

Sideways 23 April 2002 12:19 PM

Would have been well up for it, however I am off to see the Mighty Spurs v Liverpool. Babber might come though cause he's an "I don't like football poof." Lol I'll mention it to him.
Simon Team Thorns on Friday night ?

Jay

snowcrash 23 April 2002 12:50 PM

Mark - the SW lot are meeting up with the Midlands lot at 10am sharp at the crosshands pub carpark...

http://www.colute.net/scooby/albums/album01/aaa.gif

sideways - I might do depends how things go this week. Was that you in front of me going down the M32 yesterday lunchtime??? ;)

Squizz 23 April 2002 01:01 PM

When snowcrash says 10am sharp... He means "ish"... ;)