ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Baby Question! (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/863333-baby-question.html)

Razorwrx1 09 December 2010 11:29 PM

Baby Question!

Were due our first baby next June.

My insurance is up next month in January. Will this make it any cheaper. I know it's a long shot. I really want to the Scoob.

Mrs is Taking the Pee.... Says I have to sell up now and get an Estate with a Pee shooter Exhaust:nono:

Cheer's Guys:thumb:

Moley 09 December 2010 11:39 PM

No it won't

Razorwrx1 10 December 2010 12:48 AM

Cheers Gary! Worth a shot.

BLU 10 December 2010 04:46 PM

Don't listen to your missus :rolleyes:. Just because you're having a baby doen't mean you need a big boring pea shooter exhausted car :lol1:.
Your Scoob has more than enough room for sprog, pram and its paraphenalia(sp?)

The missus and I have 6 kids between us, we both own Scoobs ;)

Oh and congrats btw :thumb:

Razorwrx1 11 December 2010 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by blu-scoob (Post 9758752)
Don't listen to your missus :rolleyes:. Just because you're having a baby doen't mean you need a big boring pea shooter exhausted car :lol1:.
Your Scoob has more than enough room for sprog, pram and its paraphenalia(sp?)

The missus and I have 6 kids between us, we both own Scoobs ;)

Oh and congrats btw :thumb:

Cheer's mate for Support:thumb:

I'll show her this thread over weekend:norty:

pinkypurkhardt 11 December 2010 03:03 AM

same here my scoob is more than appropiate family car loads of boot space and the speed can make up for evey thing you are late for lol

BLU 11 December 2010 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Razorwrx1 (Post 9759612)
Cheer's mate for Support:thumb:

I'll show her this thread over weekend:norty:

:thumb: :D

belliott69 11 December 2010 01:38 PM

two kids here and i wouldn't have a different car.

Razorwrx1 14 December 2010 10:09 PM

This is all good Ammo Folks:lol1:

prodriverules 14 December 2010 10:12 PM

Three sprogs here and would ever change,and working in the car trade i can tell you that there isn't many cars out there that offer such good load space and rear seat room with sh*t hot performance on top:thumb::lol1:

DJ_Jon 14 December 2010 10:13 PM

Just man up a bit & tell her how it is, if she doesn't like it, then she can lump it! ;)

-shane- 14 December 2010 10:18 PM

Same here my gf loves the scooby and belief's its perfect for the family

belliott69 14 December 2010 11:42 PM

don't forget the best bit, the burble from a scoobs exhaust is soothing on a childs ears and sends them to sleep.

scoobyverysoon 15 December 2010 12:22 AM

dont sell m8 we have 1 nipper and the cars got plenty of room agree with the zorst noise it sends them to sleep but is hard to stop you waking them up when you come home and there in the house ah well:D

BLU 15 December 2010 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by belliott69 (Post 9766067)
don't forget the best bit, the burble from a scoobs exhaust is soothing on a childs ears and sends them to sleep.

:lol1:, but true!

My youngest, now 5, has pretty much grown up with my Scoob. Shes able to tell the sound of a Scooby before she sees it! Thats my girl :D

The Scooby(s) are part of our family.....

Tomwrx 15 December 2010 07:11 PM

my grand kid whos 3 keep asking me to go faster in the scoob as she loves the burble lol,

oh and try keeping her awake ,after 5mins shes out cold lol

Jamo 15 December 2010 11:33 PM

they do make a bugeye wagon you know Razor :D

Razorwrx1 16 December 2010 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon (Post 9765901)
Just man up a bit & tell her how it is, if she doesn't like it, then she can lump it! ;)

A Pregnant Women In A Mood For Over 6 Months. Narrrrr! Plus She Pays Half Of The Insurance And Tax.:thumb:

Razorwrx1 16 December 2010 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by -shane- (Post 9765910)
Same here my gf loves the scooby and belief's its perfect for the family

My Mrs hates the sound..... That's the best bit tho:norty:

Razorwrx1 16 December 2010 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by belliott69 (Post 9766067)

I'm Printing This off as we speak:D

Razorwrx1 16 December 2010 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyverysoon (Post 9766102)
dont sell m8 we have 1 nipper and the cars got plenty of room agree with the zorst noise it sends them to sleep but is hard to stop you waking them up when you come home and there in the house ah well:D

Cheers Justin:thumb:

I can get away with that using the Company Van All week. Prob here me n that Shake Rattle & Roll:rolleyes:

Razorwrx1 16 December 2010 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Tomwrx (Post 9767141)
my grand kid whos 3 keep asking me to go faster in the scoob as she loves the burble lol,

oh and try keeping her awake ,after 5mins shes out cold lol

:thumb::thumb::D

Razorwrx1 16 December 2010 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by blu-scoob (Post 9766960)
:lol1:, but true!

My youngest, now 5, has pretty much grown up with my Scoob. Shes able to tell the sound of a Scooby before she sees it! Thats my girl :D

The Scooby(s) are part of our family.....

That's what I want. In afew years can take em Camping at Santa Pod:thumb:

Bit Early I know, But I don't do sport and Sunday Football Or Dancing Is Out. "depends on gender of baby":lol1: We don't want to know:)

Razorwrx1 16 December 2010 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by j4mou (Post 9767633)
they do make a bugeye wagon you know Razor :D

Yeah True Mate. Don't need and Estate yet. It's just the insurance next month when it comes in. Everybody's saying it's going up big time, And £80+ a month just for weekends seems abit much with a baby on the way.

That's what I'm paying now. :mad:

DJ_Jon 16 December 2010 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Razorwrx1 (Post 9767731)
A Pregnant Women In A Mood For Over 6 Months. Narrrrr! Plus She Pays Half Of The Insurance And Tax.:thumb:

There are 2 resolutions I can see here, 1. You pay all the tax & insurance, that way you have the final say on keeping the scoob.

2. You capitulate & accept that you need an estate car, which you don't, but yor missus obviously dislikes the impreza. You could get one of those Vauxhall GSI people carriers.

Going back to my previous comment, manning up & saying no to a woman is still the best course of action I would use. Asking random Internet strangers for backup when your mum/wife is telling you it's time to grow up & sell your toys isn't the best course of action IMHO.

K30FOY 16 December 2010 06:42 PM

Congrats on the news Craig, our 2nd is also due in June 2010!

I thought that I would have to get a bigger car thats good on fuel, I got the best answer I could wish for from mine: "you dont need to, nothing wrong with what you've got, its got four doors and a boot, and I like the Scoob!"

Just depends what your missus is like mate, does she like cars or just not bothered? :(

End of the day, its your car, you might have to bite the bullet and pay for tax and insurance y'selfif you want to keep it or get another.

Razorwrx1 16 December 2010 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon (Post 9767787)
There are 2 resolutions I can see here, 1. You pay all the tax & insurance, that way you have the final say on keeping the scoob.

2. You capitulate & accept that you need an estate car, which you don't, but yor missus obviously dislikes the impreza. You could get one of those Vauxhall GSI people carriers.

Going back to my previous comment, manning up & saying no to a woman is still the best course of action I would use. Asking random Internet strangers for backup when your mum/wife is telling you it's time to grow up & sell your toys isn't the best course of action IMHO.

Got to be the last one:mad: I'll show her who's grown up.....After my game of Conker's on Tuesday... Bitch:hjtwofing

Razorwrx1 16 December 2010 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by K30FOY (Post 9768778)
Congrats on the news Craig, our 2nd is also due in June 2010!

I thought that I would have to get a bigger car thats good on fuel, I got the best answer I could wish for from mine: "you dont need to, nothing wrong with what you've got, its got four doors and a boot, and I like the Scoob!"

Just depends what your missus is like mate, does she like cars or just not bothered? :(

End of the day, its your car, you might have to bite the bullet and pay for tax and insurance y'selfif you want to keep it or get another.

Cheer's Kev:thumb: Congrads to you n all mate. Might be same due date:lol1:

She's into cars alittle bit. Hates the Exhaust more than anything pal! I take her everywhere in the van, Pulls her face abit but makes me smile:)

Not too bothered about paying the Tax and Insurance. It's when shes on Maternity Leave. Not sure if I could pay for everything and the car on top, Just to sit there all week:rolleyes: Only done 3K miles in 2yrs See what I mean. And that was Tunnel Runs and Wales Run:lol1:

DJ_Jon 16 December 2010 09:14 PM

That's the spirit! :thumb:

BLU 16 December 2010 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Razorwrx1 (Post 9769100)
Not too bothered about paying the Tax and Insurance. It's when shes on Maternity Leave. Not sure if I could pay for everything and the car on top, Just to sit there all week:rolleyes: Only done 3K miles in 2yrs See what I mean. And that was Tunnel Runs and Wales Run:lol1:

Worth every penny just to be able to do them....

You'll never forgive yourself if you sell :brickwall and if you do you'll only crave another one :cry: especially when you pass one going the other way.