ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Protesters heading for Buck Palace....oh dear! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/863267-protesters-heading-for-buck-palace-oh-dear.html)

Snazy 09 December 2010 01:31 PM

Protesters heading for Buck Palace....oh dear!

Another messy day in town? Could be heading for Whitehall again, but all running like mad at the mo. :cuckoo:

Let's wait for the moans about beatings and kettling to start, oh and "it's not fair"

mamoon2 09 December 2010 01:44 PM

Do these people not realise we are skint?

Skint as in........ we haven't got a penny to our names

EddScott 09 December 2010 01:55 PM

They should get a hair cut and go get a job. F*cking hippies!

kingofturds 09 December 2010 02:03 PM

Why the feck are people from Glasgow uni there:cuckoo: maybre if they paid anything in the first place English students would not have to pay so much.

Snazy 09 December 2010 02:06 PM

Here we go fences breached at Parliament Square..... Now it's gonna get silly.

Snazy 09 December 2010 02:09 PM

The amusing part is,they have actually just kettled themselves into a huge fenced pen. I'm sure this will be the polices fault too.

Dirty little troublemaking yobs, I'm glad they are not giving you my tax money!

Funkii Munkii 09 December 2010 02:10 PM

The sad thing is, as it always is in this country there is a faction who I always refer too as "rent a mob", who turn up to any demo just looking to cause trouble and that only takes away from the people who are peaceful and want to get their point across.

Shoot the members of rent a mob and let the students carry on with a peaceful protest.

Wurzel 09 December 2010 02:12 PM

Someone should explain to these little terrorists that education is only free and a right upto secondary school level. It is not a breach of their human rights to be expected to pay for tertiary education if they choose to do it. I think if you want to go to UNI and do some wank degree course just to get a degree and sponge of society for 3 years then you should be expected to pay for it. If however you wanted to be a Doctor, Nurse or Lawyer and you had the gray matter to pass an entrance exam then it should be free provided you do actually graduate.

belliott69 09 December 2010 02:14 PM

i hope the police show them what they deserve, a ****ing good smashing.

Snazy 09 December 2010 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 9756812)
The sad thing is, as it always is in this country there is a faction who I always refer too as "rent a mob", who turn up to any demo just looking to cause trouble and that only takes away from the people who are peaceful and want to get their point across.

Shoot the members of rent a mob and let the students carry on with a peaceful protest.

Totally agree mate. I don't for one second think the genuine students should be stopped from protesting, but the damage and violence is stupid.

Wurzel well said, again I agree. It's want want want!
There is no doubt now that it's gonna turn nasty. Putting themselves into the situation they have in the penned area just shows their intelligence.

If you have common sense stay away from the trouble makers, and just let the police give them a beating :thumb:

Snazy 09 December 2010 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by belliott69 (Post 9756817)
i hope the police show them what they deserve, a ****ing good smashing.

Haha ditto, might teach rent a mob a lesson put them off showing up again.

I look forwards to hearing the interviews about how it was the polices fault and responsibility if anyone gets hurt in the fenced area.

Batons and shields at the read boys!

SJ_Skyline 09 December 2010 02:22 PM

I'm surprised so many students managed to get out of bed so early!

Snazy 09 December 2010 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 9756827)
I'm surprised so many students managed to get out of bed so early!

:lol:

Lovely crush starting to take place now. Idiots!

ChefDude 09 December 2010 02:29 PM

i think i walked past these people at lunchtime when they were congregating at bank tube station.

nobody will take any notice of you if you look like a traveller :rolleyes:

Snazy 09 December 2010 02:33 PM

Looking at the live pictures I am stunned at the number of police, well done students that's more of the money you wanted wasted on protecting people and property from your yobish behaviour.

I love some of the banners, "we are not your slaves"

Woman being interviewed now saying a lot of graduates marry graduates, so it's unfair that that will be TWO people in the same household having to pay back these student loans.... Wow, radical thinking !

unclebuck 09 December 2010 02:42 PM

I notice the BBC are spending the afternoon with wall to wall coverage putting the boot into the Government as usual. :Whatever_

Time to turn the water canon on the protesters. Nice cold day - game over.

dpb 09 December 2010 02:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgDKtLPp46s

Snazy 09 December 2010 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck (Post 9756853)
I notice the BBC are spending the afternoon with wall to wall coverage putting the boot into the Government as usual. :Whatever_

Time to turn the water canon on the protesters. Nice cold day - game over.

Do we still have water canons in the UK?
Probably against health and safety to use anything other than evian.

I'm watching it on Sky I like the ex cop view on it.
Great watching the idiots crushing themselves.

Snazy 09 December 2010 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 9756867)

Lol:thumb:

Leslie 09 December 2010 02:48 PM

Its a great excuse to rail against authority as far as thay are concerned. They do not have the right to expect university education to be FOC, we certainly do not owe them a living.

I am all for the water cannon reception!

Les

Dirk Diggler 75 09 December 2010 02:48 PM

It's about time there was something decent on the telly..........

kingofturds 09 December 2010 02:49 PM

Half of the students being interviewed sound thick as sh1t anyway. " I fink education should be free because that's what is errr right innit":lol1:

tony de wonderful 09 December 2010 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by mamoon2 (Post 9756775)
Do these people not realise we are skint?

Skint as in........ we haven't got a penny to our names

But we give welfare to banks.

A wealth transfer to banking elites from the rest of society.

Funkii Munkii 09 December 2010 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 9756868)
Do we still have water canons in the UK?
Probably against health and safety to use anything other than evian.

I'm watching it on Sky I like the ex cop view on it.
Great watching the idiots crushing themselves.

We do/did

During the Broadwater farm riots many many years ago my dad's girlfriend had a son in law who was in the riot squad and carried out a lot of riot training done at Greenwich, he was watching it unfold on the telly just waiting for the phone to ring, he was itching to get down there and kick ass, I think we all know there is a percentage of the police that love these situations and will lash out as much as the "protester"

Anyway we were discusiing why dont we get water canons etc and he was telling us that they had 2 brand new water canons which they were not allowed to use because of some Human Rights issues. I guess either they are still there in moth balls or they have been sold at discount to another state as they were right hookers.

SJ_Skyline 09 December 2010 03:01 PM

Surely they can still use tear gas and baton rounds?

Dirk Diggler 75 09 December 2010 03:04 PM

Plastic Bullets anyone?

unclebuck 09 December 2010 03:15 PM

Oh well - time to put the kettle on then. :D

Police can stay toasty and have a nice cup of tea while the 'students' remain contained out of harm's way into the cold of the night.

:thumb:

EddScott 09 December 2010 03:21 PM

In fairness to them at least they have the ability to get together to protest.

Take drivers for one, we are being royally asss raped by the government and the oil companies and we mumble a grumble and continue to pay.

I appreciate we can't all protest due to work but go slows on the M4 or M1 on the weekend might ge the point across.

Snazy 09 December 2010 03:31 PM

Poor scared police horse.
The batons have begn swinging.

Dirk Diggler 75 09 December 2010 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 9756938)
In fairness to them at least they have the ability to get together to protest.

Take drivers for one, we are being royally asss raped by the government and the oil companies and we mumble a grumble and continue to pay.

I appreciate we can't all protest due to work but go slows on the M4 or M1 on the weekend might ge the point across.

Spot On.....
Do you have a cunning plan involving a few hundred subarus..:norty::norty: