ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Lowest milage classic (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/862466-lowest-milage-classic.html)

Jukesy007 03 December 2010 09:42 AM

Lowest milage classic

Saw this on pistonheads this morning

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2304231.htm

surely it must be the lowest milage classic out there!!!

scubbay 03 December 2010 09:50 AM

Theres a P1 close to me with little over delivery miles

Jukesy007 03 December 2010 10:05 AM

blimey, although i do think its a crime not to drive a car like this.

Its like all those people who by supercars then never use them, cars like that are begging out to be driven.

I can understand that its done for investment purposes but it just seems like such a waste of car

+Doc+ 03 December 2010 12:16 PM

I agree, even more when its green!?!?

wrx287 03 December 2010 12:23 PM

Good car for someone. Seen a couple of 22B's with less though. Be a good base car to start on for show and shine:cool:

T4YLOR 83 03 December 2010 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by +Doc+ (Post 9746503)
I agree, even more when its green!?!?

oi nothing wrong with green lol

rossyboy 03 December 2010 12:58 PM

That would be fantastic if it were a Terzo or a Catalunya, but a Green one FFS? Apologies to Green owners, but ...........why?

isubaru 03 December 2010 12:58 PM

Obviously to embarrassed to be seen in it. The owner probably only drove it under the cover of darkness!

I'm so funny.....i made that up all on my own:luxhello:

paul w 03 December 2010 01:06 PM

I,ve still got my v reg mica red that i bought brand new in 99 and its just got 36k on it and thats near mint condition,thought that was low mileage.

Coffin Dodger 03 December 2010 01:17 PM

You wonder with those sorts of cars as to what the history is. Maybe the owner died and the wife has only just decided to get rid of it.

Otherwise what a waste of a perfectly good Scoob. These cars should be driven, not kept under wraps and taken out for birthdays etc. only. I could see the investment possibilities if it were a special edition but an bog standard Classic :cuckoo:

Still think £6.5k is a lot for a 10-11 year old car, low mileage or not. May take a while to shift.

T4YLOR 83 03 December 2010 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by rossyboy (Post 9746573)
That would be fantastic if it were a Terzo or a Catalunya, but a Green one FFS? Apologies to Green owners, but ...........why?

says the man with a silver (the most common and boring colour for any car) scoob lol :hjtwofing

T4YLOR 83 03 December 2010 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by isubaru (Post 9746574)
Obviously to embarrassed to be seen in it. The owner probably only drove it under the cover of darkness!

I'm so funny.....i made that up all on my own:luxhello:

haha funny has your car turned pink yet lol :hjtwofing

jameswrx 03 December 2010 01:55 PM

I think someone would snap it up if it wasn't green, no offence to green owners but it makes me laugh the colours that Subaru thought we'd like. Dark green, silver and dark blue ffs! They must have pictured us all in tweed, hunters on, gun dog by our side eyeing up the Subaru brochure.. "spiffing Elizabeth, mica green will match our hunters"

Couldn't believe my luck when I found my old my00 turbo in sonic blue.. European import!

rossyboy 03 December 2010 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by T4YLOR 83 (Post 9746601)
says the man with a silver (the most common and boring colour for any car) scoob lol :hjtwofing

I meant why would anyone keep a green one like this, when its probably the least desireable colour. Did you see me suggest that a silver one would be better? nope. I suggested a Terzo (blue) and Catalunya (black)

isubaru 03 December 2010 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by T4YLOR 83 (Post 9746603)
haha funny has your car turned pink yet lol :hjtwofing

HaHa, mines Mica red which never fades....just gets better with age, like a fine wine infact :idea:

lordharding 03 December 2010 03:31 PM

That is a lot of car for 6.5k

Better value then a hard driven thrashed and abused newer modle
Defently a car to buy and bubble wrap for the future

And green with gold wheels was best colour to buy

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/s...g/2b22349b.jpg

53 03 December 2010 03:57 PM

The garage looks a bit, meh, no mention of a service/MOT history, electronic clocking FTW ? :)

T4YLOR 83 04 December 2010 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by isubaru (Post 9746781)
HaHa, mines Mica red which never fades....just gets better with age, like a fine wine infact :idea:

lol i was hoping it was the flat nasty red that goes pink :D oh well in all truth green was not my first choise but when its cleaned properly its got some nice colours in it :D

T4YLOR 83 04 December 2010 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by rossyboy (Post 9746776)
I meant why would anyone keep a green one like this, when its probably the least desireable colour. Did you see me suggest that a silver one would be better? nope. I suggested a Terzo (blue) and Catalunya (black)

lol sorry mate was in a bad mood earlier i quite like silver :thumb:

G-string 04 December 2010 04:59 AM

well i dont care what anyone says if i had a spare 6500 and a spare garage id have it, gotta be an investment. If you could keep the mileage that low for 10years its gotta be 10k worth, hasnt it?

jameswrx 04 December 2010 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by G-string (Post 9747759)
well i dont care what anyone says if i had a spare 6500 and a spare garage id have it, gotta be an investment. If you could keep the mileage that low for 10years its gotta be 10k worth, hasnt it?

Yeah, I'm with you (despite not being a green fan). You could probably get it for £6k, pretty cheap when you consider it's going to be like a new car. Look at what you get for £6k, suspect (import) mileage type r, ropey bugeye with high miles. I'm actually a little surprised a dealer didn't try and pitch it at a higher price.

I thought our MY00 UK turbo was low mileage (46k) but it's an old timer in comparison.

If a car like that in White or sonic blue (eu import) came up for sale for at sort of money I'd be on the phone (if I was financially in a position to do so)