ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   In the Sticks in the snow ... (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/862423-in-the-sticks-in-the-snow.html)

IN THE STICKS 02 December 2010 08:40 PM

In the Sticks in the snow ...

Not a lot of fun out there is it , I was one of the first out of our area this morning just after 5am:cuckoo: The Scoob held it's own with the diff lock full on, I would say the roads were even worse on the drive home this evening as there aren't many cars out at all , still managed to attract the d*ck that wanted to drive on my bumper:Whatever_ Sill, I managed it in one piece

Milamber 02 December 2010 08:46 PM

I've been quite enjoying it :lol1:

Diff lock on to pull away and drive in a straight line, wind it back two clicks to turn a corner otherwise the front pushes wide :eek:

My road is about an inch of ice covered with 3 inches of snow with a tricky downhill left turn with a give way sign, gets a bit exciting if a car has priority and I have to stop :D

Loving the full boost 8000rpm/ 2mph rolling starts

spally 02 December 2010 09:18 PM

Been leaving home 4.30ish this week and not so much fun on a front wheel drive cmax lol a13 was certainly worse coming home today!

Nate 02 December 2010 10:45 PM

I've been using the Shogun :smug:

kz-scoob 02 December 2010 11:41 PM

What's the diff lock? Do I have one lol, only had the car a week, know nothing! 2003 STI btw....

Milamber 03 December 2010 12:06 AM

You've probably got a little jog wheel in the central bit by the mirror adjustment. Push it forward and the dial in the dash will say diff-lock, push it back and it will go green AND YOU WILL CRASH.

In the wet/dry you can have some good fun with it, in the snow pull away with diff locked but as all 4 wheels will be powered you wont be able to go round corners very easily as the front will push wide. Just wind it back a few notches and the wind it forward again for the straights.

I just leave mine in automatic usually but a manual override is called for in the snow

Phil 03 December 2010 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by kz-scoob (Post 9746057)
What's the diff lock? Do I have one lol, only had the car a week, know nothing! 2003 STI btw....

2003 STi didn't have it

Spec'c'57 03 December 2010 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 9746087)
You've probably got a little jog wheel in the central bit by the mirror adjustment. Push it forward and the dial in the dash will say diff-lock, push it back and it will go green AND YOU WILL CRASH.

In the wet/dry you can have some good fun with it, in the snow pull away with diff locked but as all 4 wheels will be powered you wont be able to go round corners very easily as the front will push wide. Just wind it back a few notches and the wind it forward again for the straights.

I just leave mine in automatic usually but a manual override is called for in the snow

The spec C never crashed. ;) was 90% of the time on green. :lol1: but then again it never went out in snow either. :Suspiciou

JDM cars only around 03 had the variable diff.

Milamber 03 December 2010 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Spec'c'57 (Post 9746326)
The spec C never crashed. ;) was 90% of the time on green. :lol1: but then again it never went out in snow either. :Suspiciou

JDM cars only around 03 had the variable diff.

:lol1: Green full throttle launches in the dry

Orange in the snow :thumb: