ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   What is a European certificate of conformity?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/862038-what-is-a-european-certificate-of-conformity.html)

rapid.STI 29 November 2010 08:18 PM

What is a European certificate of conformity??

got an email today regarding my car,, again it is a oversea's buyer. he's in austria.

so as above what is it?

thanks for any help:notworthy

wayne

jme-rst 29 November 2010 08:34 PM

He probably won't be able to drive it in Austria if it's modded,am going to face the same prob as I want to get a scoob and move to France next year,basically it's like an mot to make sure the car is safe and to regulations and if it's modded it's a big no no,am trying to find a way around the situation

rapid.STI 29 November 2010 08:51 PM

well its totally standard apart from the wheels. he wanted my vin number too so he could check it with subaru in austria? obvously i didnt give my vin no out. i just dont trust oversea's buyers:(

jme-rst 29 November 2010 08:55 PM

He would be asking For the vin so Subaru could give him the certificate,that's normal.I don't blame the guy because a scoob is probably far more expensive there than in uk.put it this way a crap example of a scoob in France is 9000 euros plus,hence why I want to get one in uk and take it there.don't be too hasty,he may be genuine.

LandyChris 29 November 2010 10:00 PM

Hello to everyone,

I was the one that is interested in the STI. I'm driving an Audi S4 and TT quattro for some time now and I'm looking for a powerful car with less weight.
I'm from Austria, and we need the COC for registration in Austria (the same applies to other EC countries like France, Germany, ...) The registration is done by a department of the provincial government here in Austria and they are complicated and not very helpful.
As I've just registered here i can understand the caution.

As the Imprezas here in Austria are really expensive, so I prefer to pay less and to live with RHD.

Anyway I don't mind, best regards
Chris

dj219957 29 November 2010 10:57 PM

have a look in the owners manual, it might be in there. they are on some vehicles.

juggers 30 November 2010 02:51 AM

Loads of buyers from Europe at the mo with the weak £. The need the certificate of conformity to reg the car.

Immy

rapid.STI 30 November 2010 09:37 AM

thanks for the replies guys, i'll have to have a look into it?

Jukesy007 30 November 2010 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by LandyChris (Post 9740560)
Hello to everyone,

I was the one that is interested in the STI. I'm driving an Audi S4 and TT quattro for some time now and I'm looking for a powerful car with less weight.
I'm from Austria, and we need the COC for registration in Austria (the same applies to other EC countries like France, Germany, ...) The registration is done by a department of the provincial government here in Austria and they are complicated and not very helpful.
As I've just registered here i can understand the caution.

As the Imprezas here in Austria are really expensive, so I prefer to pay less and to live with RHD.

Anyway I don't mind, best regards
Chris

Welcome to the site

And thanks for explaining the need of the COC.

Just goes to show not all foreign buyers are out there to rip us off :lol1:

Hope you manage to get your impreza :thumb:

Lee_1075 30 November 2010 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by rapid.STI (Post 9740937)
thanks for the replies guys, i'll have to have a look into it?

If its a UK car, Subaru UK will send you a COC. You just need to phone them (Homologations Dept) and give them your VIN.

rapid.STI 30 November 2010 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lee_1075 (Post 9740990)
If its a UK car, Subaru UK will send you a COC. You just need to phone them (Homologations Dept) and give them your VIN.

thanks for that matey i'll give tham a phone if i dont already have 1,,

LandyChris 30 November 2010 01:29 PM

Wayne,
I could get a flight next Monday to be in W/yorkshire next Tuesday. Details, and everything else via pm.
Best regards
Chris

T5BNC 30 November 2010 02:36 PM

Quote Landy Chris "As the Imprezas here in Austria are really expensive, so I prefer to pay less and to live with RHD".

I might be wrong here but i though that in the land of oz one drives on the left aswell as uk meaning right hand drive car? :Suspiciou

Godspeed Brakes 30 November 2010 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by T5BNC (Post 9741437)
Quote Landy Chris "As the Imprezas here in Austria are really expensive, so I prefer to pay less and to live with RHD".

I might be wrong here but i though that in the land of oz one drives on the left aswell as uk meaning right hand drive car? :Suspiciou

yes in oz they do , in AUSTRIA they drive on the right !

lazadude 30 November 2010 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by T5BNC (Post 9741437)

Austria != Australia...?

rapid.STI 30 November 2010 03:16 PM

pm sent matey

zippy! 30 November 2010 04:56 PM

rapid mate you know what im gonna say fella you know you dont really want to sell it so dont!:nono: its your car and me and you both know as soon as it goes you will regret it!:cry: especially when my new one is pulling up on your drive tormenting you:lol1:

rapid.STI 30 November 2010 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by zippy! (Post 9741634)
rapid mate you know what im gonna say fella you know you dont really want to sell it so dont!:nono: its your car and me and you both know as soon as it goes you will regret it!:cry: especially when my new one is pulling up on your drive tormenting you:lol1:

nah you'd never temp me!! i keep telling ya the bug looks more aggressive at the front and imo is a better looking car although not many will agree:lol1:

there for you should just buy a bug and spend the rest on tuning it to 400bhp..:thumb:

CaptainJohn 30 November 2010 05:03 PM

http://www.eurococ.eu/files/Image/sc...ormity_COC.jpg

zippy! 30 November 2010 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by rapid.STI (Post 9741647)
nah you'd never temp me!! i keep telling ya the bug looks more aggressive at the front and imo is a better looking car although not many will agree:lol1:

there for you should just buy a bug and spend the rest on tuning it to 400bhp..:thumb:

dont fib mate you know the thought of selling and buying a blob has crossed your mind on more than one occasion:norty: your just been stuborn :lol:

rapid.STI 30 November 2010 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by zippy! (Post 9741661)
dont fib mate you know the thought of selling and buying a blob has crossed your mind on more than one occasion:norty: your just been stuborn :lol:

:lol: only blob ive have mate is a 05jdm or a spec c,, both would have to be white:thumb:

stubborn? me?:lol1: you no me to well. just buy a bug, and get some serious power:D

rapid.STI 30 November 2010 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by CaptainJohn (Post 9741649)

thanks matey:thumb: am i right in thinking its a similar thing to the model reports for a jap import?

zippy! 30 November 2010 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by rapid.STI (Post 9741680)
:lol: only blob ive have mate is a 05jdm or a spec c,, both would have to be white:thumb:

stubborn? me?:lol1: you no me to well. just buy a bug, and get some serious power:D

:lol: but you admit you would have one:norty: i think that as nice as yours is i will just do what i said and get a better looking blob and still have the serious power:D

rapid.STI 30 November 2010 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by zippy! (Post 9741687)
:lol: but you admit you would have one:norty: i think that as nice as yours is i will just do what i said and get a better looking blob and still have the serious power:D

thats fair enough but in reality i'll no yours is just a dress up version of mine with a new front end and a fancy blue carpet :lol1:

zippy! 30 November 2010 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by rapid.STI (Post 9741700)
thats fair enough but in reality i'll no yours is just a dress up version of mine with a new front end and a fancy blue carpet :lol1:

lol in reality i,ll know yours was the first attempt to test the water and mine is the one they released to iron out all the disasters and mistakes like the headlight shape and lack of blue carpet :lol:

rapid.STI 30 November 2010 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by zippy! (Post 9741718)
lol in reality i,ll know yours was the first attempt to test the water and mine is the one they released to iron out all the disasters and mistakes like the headlight shape and lack of blue carpet :lol:

:lol:

off for game on cod now:Whatever_ i'll speak later if ya online:thumb:

zippy! 30 November 2010 05:42 PM

ok matey see ya soon lol

LandyChris 30 November 2010 06:06 PM

In Austria we drive on the right. (only if you are drunk it could happen that you drive on the left;))
BR
Chris

T5BNC 01 December 2010 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by LandyChris (Post 9741780)
In Austria we drive on the right. (only if you are drunk it could happen that you drive on the left;))
BR
Chris

:lol: PMSL Fair shout...:thumb:

jaytc2003 01 December 2010 09:08 PM

just be wary there is an identical post on the mlr! not saying its a scam but these are within days of each other