ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Poor lil Bernie E (F1) beaten and mugged. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/861541-poor-lil-bernie-e-f1-beaten-and-mugged.html)

Snazy 26 November 2010 09:45 AM

Poor lil Bernie E (F1) beaten and mugged.

Just saw it on the news, he was robbed of 200k of jewellery outside his office on Wednesday :freak3:

dazdavies 26 November 2010 09:48 AM

Serves the daft c*nt right for wearing £200K's worth of jewellery thus making himself a target.

I despise the greedy bastid.

dpb 26 November 2010 09:49 AM

wearing 200 K of jewellery ! deserves all he gets :cuckoo:

scooby L 26 November 2010 09:50 AM

I really should be slating the thugs.... but I hate the little Tw4t so much I'm actually quite glad.... serves him right "asking for it" actually... I wonder if Button will send him a memo to that effect :D

Butty 26 November 2010 09:52 AM

His words come back to bite him (on Button's attempted mugging in Brasil) LOL

“They [robbers] look for victims, they look for anyone that looks like a soft touch and not too bright,” he contended.

Bravo2zero_sps 26 November 2010 09:56 AM

That's pay back after what he said about Button.

alcazar 26 November 2010 09:59 AM

And where WAS Button when this mugging was taking place? :D

The Zohan 26 November 2010 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Butty (Post 9734585)

“They [robbers] look for victims, they look for anyone that looks like a soft touch and not too bright,” he contended.

+1

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 26 November 2010 10:05 AM

That'll push the price of tickets up next season! ;)

Makes a change to us F1 fans being mugged.

ALi-B 26 November 2010 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by scooby L (Post 9734582)
I really should be slating the thugs.... but I hate the little Tw4t so much I'm actually quite glad.... serves him right "asking for it" actually... I wonder if Button will send him a memo to that effect :D

Makes me wonder if someone was paid to mug him. I mean with what he said about those mugged (not just Button) in Brazil was pretty low, even by his standards.

memo from Button:

Originally Posted by J Button

fivetide 26 November 2010 10:34 AM

Who could possibly want to rob a sweet old man like Bernie? A man who is completely selfless.... etc etc.

Deffo karma.

5t.

EddScott 26 November 2010 10:52 AM

Oh, the ironing :)

Still, at the end of the day its still an 80 year old old boy getting mugged. Not pleasant.

dpb 26 November 2010 11:01 AM

Indeed, id imagine the high pitched scream could permanantly damage the eardrums !

stilover 26 November 2010 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by dazdavies (Post 9734577)
Serves the daft c*nt right for wearing £200K's worth of jewellery thus making himself a target.

I despise the greedy bastid.

He's a Billionaire. Why shouldn't he wear nice expensive jewellery?

Just because you can afford to buy something expensive, doesn't mean you deserve to get mugged for it.

What should he do? Only wear it indoors? Maybe he should log on to Scoobynet and post up a "What Watch" thread?

If you buy an expensive car, do you then deserve to have it knicked?

andythejock01wrx 26 November 2010 12:27 PM

Did wee Eck really say that? :lol1:

[-(o)-] 26 November 2010 12:29 PM

Not overly fond of him, but as above hes 80 and a mugging is a mugging.

Anyhow if old rumours are anything to go by Bernie is one man you do not want to upset. Good luck to him.

Blue by You 26 November 2010 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 9734842)

Just because you can afford to buy something expensive, doesn't mean you deserve to get mugged for it.

What should he do? Only wear it indoors? Maybe he should log on to Scoobynet and post up a "What Watch" thread?

Fair point. :thumb:
Mr. E consistently manages to sully his public image with his ill-considered comments and 'Greed is Good' philosophy, and I've no great liking for him personally. However I don't think he deserves a beating just because he's loaded and likes to show it off a bit.

J4CKO 26 November 2010 12:32 PM

200 grand, even of really expensive stuff on a little fella like that, must have looked like
BA Barracas !

I dont like to say serves him right, I dont like him but next time it could be your grandad getting mugged so I would never advocate anyone being victim to that.

Gear Head 26 November 2010 12:34 PM

Agreed. I am worried if people on here think that mugging an 80 year old in London is a good thing, or something to be proud of. :razz:

JTaylor 26 November 2010 01:03 PM

:thumb:

Snazy 26 November 2010 01:22 PM

Lol @ the replies on this thread. Has cheered me right up.

EddScott 26 November 2010 02:36 PM

Hope it isn't k'nicked at k'nife point :D

Thats a joke BTW, I'm not a Speling Nazi. ;)

J4CKO 26 November 2010 03:53 PM

Bet Bernie managed to get all the cash from the Muggers wallet at the same time, judging by the way he empties anyones who goes to see a race !

Chip 26 November 2010 05:12 PM

Well said :thumb:

dnc 26 November 2010 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 9734599)
And where WAS Button when this mugging was taking place? :D

Not certain, but there is a rumour Button was seen in a Pawn shop just after the event.

Don't like to hear of anyone being mugged, but if someone has to be mugged...........

stilover 26 November 2010 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 9735037)
Hope it isn't k'nicked at k'nife point :D

Thats a joke BTW, I'm not a Speling Nazi. ;)

No one likes a smart ar5e. :nono: :)

One of the problems with trying to post when at work, is having do it very quickly, and very quietly.

The odd spelling mistake may occur. I'm sorry everyone.

andythejock01wrx 26 November 2010 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 9735343)
No one likes a smart ar5e. :nono: :)

One of the problems with trying to post when at work, is having do it very quickly, and very quietly.

The odd spelling mistake may occur. I'm sorry everyone.

And so you should be!!

;)

Jaybird-UK 26 November 2010 10:08 PM

Yep, love the irony!

gallois 26 November 2010 10:32 PM

Muggings happen all the time, he is aware the same as everyone else, i wouldn't park my car in the local council estate overnight, if it got nicked, some would say i deserved it for being so careless irrespective of whether i could afford it or not. Wear 200k of jewelery with caution, the irritating little tw4t is getting little sympathy because he is an irritating little tw4t, not because he is rich.

hodgy0_2 26 November 2010 10:32 PM

yep, don't condone violence to an 80yr old

but never have words come back to haunt someone since Clarkson posted his bank details in the paper - declaring they were no use to man or beast