ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   GT5? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/861252-gt5.html)

14N-FR 24 November 2010 12:47 AM

GT5?

Just picked up a copy of GT5 and have started my license. Anyone else pick one up tonight?

Mus 24 November 2010 01:07 AM

sold out every where I'm fuming been waiting nearly two years

Lisawrx 24 November 2010 01:11 AM

Not yet. I don't play games, but wanted a copy for the other half. (at a good price if poss) :(

Lisawrx 24 November 2010 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mus (Post 9730793)
sold out every where I'm fuming been waiting nearly two years

Looks like they may have some here...

http://www.tescoentertainment.com/st...-5/8%3a729332/

Free delivery I believe.

Mus 24 November 2010 01:23 AM

your the best ill get it tomorrow morning as I'm in bed messing with my iPhone :) I went to asda, tesco and a few game stores and the are all out of stock.

if he is in to car games then yes it's a must he will worship you lol

Lisawrx 24 November 2010 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mus (Post 9730808)
your the best ill get it tomorrow morning as I'm in bed messing with my iPhone :) I went to asda, tesco and a few game stores and the are all out of stock.

if he is in to car games then yes it's a must he will worship you lol

I've got something else in mind if I can't get it, ideally I'd rather get both but we'll see. :)

And thanks, hope they have it and you can have happy gaming hours. :thumb:

Mus 24 November 2010 01:31 AM

cheers Lisa good luck that's one lucky man

Lisawrx 24 November 2010 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mus (Post 9730817)
cheers Lisa good luck that's one lucky man

No probs mate. :thumb:
Only if I manage to get him what I want to. Otherwise, it'll be the thought that counts. :lol1:

14N-FR 24 November 2010 02:24 AM

I popped to the Tesco near me and saw some posters advertising it. I think I was the first and only person to ask for a copy tonight.

Just playing it just now. Pretty hooked so far. Good job I work offshore and dont have a day job haha!

The Top Gear test track is in it!

tony de wonderful 24 November 2010 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by 14N-FR (Post 9730840)

The Top Gear test track is in it!

That appeals, but I have an Xbox and Forza 3 and is getting a PS3 and GT5 going to be so much better?

Anyway I don't like to waste too much of my life playing video games these days...

Saint AAI 24 November 2010 07:07 AM

Not going to get chance to play it until next week so have ordered it this morning from Amazon for £35.90 with free delivery. Can't wait. Have they included tyre marks in this one or is it the same as previous GT's?

alloy 24 November 2010 07:45 AM

Don't get me wrong i enjoy playing video games, but in all seriousness to go the shop at midnight to que with i presume hundreds of other people as opposed to sleeping in a nice warm bed has got to fall at least on the boundary of insanity!! :cuckoo:

Gear Head 24 November 2010 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by alloy (Post 9730894)
Don't get me wrong i enjoy playing video games, but in all seriousness to go the shop at midnight to que with i presume hundreds of other people as opposed to sleeping in a nice warm bed has got to fall at least on the boundary of insanity!! :cuckoo:

Agreed!

CrisPDuk 24 November 2010 01:36 PM

Not going to bother to be honest.

I'm sure the graphics will be awesome, but if the racing follows the declining trend set by it's predecessors it's going to be properly shoite by now :(

classic Subaru Si 24 November 2010 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9730846)
That appeals, but I have an Xbox and Forza 3 and is getting a PS3 and GT5 going to be so much better?

Anyway I don't like to waste too much of my life playing video games these days...

Same here, but i'd be tempted to buy a 2nd hand PS3 if this is as good as people are making out?? Will be good to get some feed back, and compare to Forza 3!!

J4CKO 24 November 2010 04:29 PM

Mine arrived this morning from Amazon, booked a day off work, not 100 percent because of GT5, knackered after several days of pain from having a tooth removed last week and fancied a day off without feeling guilty for being on the sick, anyway, it arrived about 11am and I had a qucik go then took the Dog for a walk, utterly glorious out there, can do video games at any time bu days like today are few and far between, walked him on our local common, proper winter wonderland where the sun hadnt got to it and that, however good GT5 is cannot be surpassed.

Got back with Cheese and Onion Pie and chips I picked up on the way back, shared a few with the Dog, now knakcered after 30 mins playing with a bigger, faster dog, did some jobs and went back to it.

Fitted a lock to the bathroom door as well today, imagine, a Poo without anyone coming in ! what luxury !

Its very good, not night and day better than Forza 3 from what I can see, pretty much business as usual, lot of depth there to go at.

Mus 24 November 2010 04:49 PM

just picked up mine and cant wait till i get home to play, what happens with all my money and cars in prologue does it transfer automaticly?

SiPie 24 November 2010 08:34 PM

Reviews so far seem to be pretty mixed (sadly). Doesn't seem to be all it's cracked up to be :(

Jamz3k 24 November 2010 09:29 PM

Now that you can actually watch some non-rendered gameplay it doesn't look that great tbh.

I'll stick with Forza3.

Mus 24 November 2010 09:44 PM

it just lacks the rawness of the early ones graphics however are cracking, I think I'm going to love it maybe not as much my favourite gt2 but I will certainly enjoy loads of cars and stages it's going to be a nice winter:)

rabbos 24 November 2010 10:23 PM

If you've got Forza on the 360 then don't waste your money on this. It does nothing different or better than Forza. It's just slightly differently presented.

I had a go on a friends newly bought copy (GT5) and even after all the installs it still seemed to takes ages to load tracks, and to go between the vast array of menus.

I see it's a given with these games to have to endure a tedious load of pointless races with cars at least as $hit as the ones we drive in real life. What is the point of simulating driving a yaris FFS?

SRSport 25 November 2010 12:00 AM

I pickup up mine for £20 (got F1 for £15 pre owned and traded it in with £5 for GT5)

It looked promising but now keeps freezing! Tried to down load the game data from the disc which is supposed to speed things up. It crashed half way through so played without it. Tried to do it again and it worked but now everything takes longer to load?!? It has just crashed again (frozen), had to quit mid game, reload it only for now curser to appear. IM getting pretty fed up with it now especially for how many years Ive been waiting for this. Just as well I only paid £20.

Mus 25 November 2010 01:13 AM

good idea shame tesco don't do trade Ins.the whole thing which says save 8gb of memory yet it stillfreezes from time to time and yet slow to load I think it's useless I've just finished playing it and I'm hooked can't wait till tomorrow :)

SRSport 25 November 2010 08:13 AM

Ive just been looking in to it a bit. Apparently its a network problem, if you log out it wont freeze any more even though you're not playing online in the first place. Annoying and by the looks of it I am not alone with this.