ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Fabia VRS (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/861090-fabia-vrs.html)

Looie 22 November 2010 09:33 PM

Fabia VRS

Toying with the idea of chopping my Scoob in for the new Fabia VRS - I know it's a new model, but does anyone know of any bad/good comments about this car?

It's one of a couple of possibilities, but this appeals more than much else TBH, so would be interested in any stories to help me decide...

Ta

lozgti1 22 November 2010 09:49 PM

Well,I know its not much help and it was diesel rather than this supercharged/turbocharged one....but loved the old one my wife had!

Think Skodas are blooming great nowadays,great car company,great cars...sure you won't go wrong!

brendy76 22 November 2010 10:02 PM

They are hideous fella, dont do it.

Steve vRS 22 November 2010 10:05 PM

I agree.

I had a close look at one in the dealers the other day when my 'Tavia was in.

It's completely out of proportion - too tall and narrow.

Steve

Reffro 23 November 2010 12:26 PM

I'm an old Fabia vRS owner, who loved his to bits. I went to the dealers the other day for a look at the new one and thought it looked good. I still prefer the look of my old one, I think its the grill that doesn't quite sit with me. The cabin is certainly a step forward in the new car, though I thought the seat fabric was a bit dull. I'd like the see what the red fabric interior does for the look. The options are also reasonably priced.

As for the engine, its an absolute stonker. Though I've had my head turned by the Revo Technic demo they have built on an Ibiza. Same engine different body. Wow, 220hp in a super-mini and no lag, just instant go, like a big NA engine with a 7500rpm limit and 7 speed DSG. Its a brilliant combination and good for 35mpg. With the supercharger, there's plenty of low down, it pulls fine from 40mph in 7th. Ibiza's with a remap are running 0-60 in under 6s and high 13s qtr miles, that is proper performance. I didn't drive the Fabia, but it was always a better day to day car than the Ibiza, especially in terms of ride comfort.

dpb 23 November 2010 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by brendy76 (Post 9728440)
They are hideous fella, dont do it.

Hey, its v slightly less hideous than its predecessor

StickyMicky 23 November 2010 12:45 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeDt794kBXY

Inside looks better than the outside :cuckoo:

brendy76 23 November 2010 03:22 PM

The green s2000 model made me a little queasy.
No doubting the engine is a good one though, lots of parts for waranty to cover too though I'd say.
The original fabia was a decent looking little car and should have came with a 3 door model, the Leon Cupra should have been available with 3 doors and wider availability of the 4wd system etc. VAG need to pull their heads out of their arses and give the people what they want, not try to protect their luxury models which would get outsold if the "lesser" marques were allowed to get on with it.

The Trooper 1815 23 November 2010 03:28 PM

Every tester hated the DSG on the new VRS. No manuel available either.

lozgti1 23 November 2010 10:19 PM

Agreed,new Fabia too tall and thin!

I'd have an Octavia vrs in a heartbeat though

dnc 23 November 2010 10:33 PM

The New TV ad for it looked v impressive I have to say.

Fabioso 23 November 2010 11:54 PM

I'm not sure about the look of the new Fabia at all. The engine sounds like fun but obviously not as flexible when it comes to MPG and performance as the old mk1 diesel lump.

£15700 sounds dear when I got the old model brand new 5 years ago for £11700. I think I'd be looking at one of the other VAG models with that engine in if I was in the market for a hatch thats fun but not to costly to run.

wrx287 24 November 2010 12:36 PM

I drove one a few weeks back. Proper little pocket rocket. I liked the DSG box,nice quick sharp changes. Interior is German (say no more) Take one for a drive and see what you think:thumb: