ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Slowboy racing,?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/861028-slowboy-racing.html)

peter a 22 November 2010 04:40 PM

Slowboy racing,??

Has anyone used slowboy racing, i need to get some servicing work done, i am in Kent and they are local.

Or could anyone reccomend someone in the southeast?

I know Roger Clarke and scoobyclinic are good but they are too far to go.

jura11 22 November 2010 04:54 PM

Hi matey my car is mapped and serviced by Neil@Slowboy Racing and is very helpful and very knowledgeable,highly recommend him for any Subaru Owner
Finally have good prices too like for servicing or remap

The Zohan 22 November 2010 04:56 PM

Try a search on here?:)

rapid.STI 22 November 2010 05:08 PM

think ive heard good things too

zed0 22 November 2010 05:30 PM

i had my subaru serviced by slowboy racing - i highly recommend them.

Zen1 22 November 2010 06:31 PM

I have sold a gear box to somebody in slow boy racing good guys

mickywrx 22 November 2010 08:05 PM

Sold my Power FC to Neil a while back, took ages to pay.

fastboyslim 22 November 2010 08:43 PM

Neil is your man, honest, good worker.

johnnybon 22 November 2010 08:43 PM

slowboy is the best i travel from north london to use him i would highly recomend him he has done some great work on my car and he now's our beloved subarus inside out so give him a try you wont regret it :thumb:

Jukesy007 22 November 2010 08:48 PM

Are Sanspeed any good as they are in Bexley Heath i think which is Kent/London border

duanned123 22 November 2010 09:32 PM

neils a pucker bloke will look after u and ur car allways done the work on my car 100% and allways will.:thumb:

peter a 22 November 2010 11:25 PM

Cheers guys,

5parky 23 November 2010 03:13 PM

neil services and does work to my classic and he's a top man. highly recommended.

metrex 05 March 2011 03:13 PM

neil at slow boy racing (top guy)

:thumb:i would recomend neil all day long and have done to a few peolple already, nice guy really honest and good on price he will be doing all the work on my new project gf8 sti wagon

as for san speed mixed feelings not really the same one on one service as neil or spot on scooby know how. i had a p1 a while back and i put it in to them for a few mods ie: dump valve air intake dcat exhaust drove it up the road and it went bang needed a full rebulid 4k all in all which they did pay for but still would rather it never happend in the first place. if you use san speed the best guy to talk to is pete all the rset dont give you the time of day. you may prefer san speeds why of things and they are bigger but if you see neils set up and how clean his work is i would recomend him over any one in kent, i even have my own mechs for other cars but when it comes to scoobys there is only one guy i go to now :thumb:

grahamc 05 March 2011 05:38 PM

I used slowboy for some work that was outsourced, had a few hassles (no fault of Neils) and decided to cancel the work. Neil was great with the issue, very helpful and happy to refund. With this in mind, I WILL DEFINITELY send my car there and would definitely recommend him.

Dan 300uk 05 March 2011 07:03 PM

neil is currently working on my car and as has been said does seem like a really nice guy and his prices are fair

metrex 05 March 2011 09:01 PM

hi mate

Originally Posted by Dan 300uk (Post 9917716)
neil is currently working on my car and as has been said does seem like a really nice guy and his prices are fair

hi mate think i see your car in the back you having the 2.5 lump thrown in lovely car by the way

Dan 300uk 06 March 2011 05:06 PM

nah mate just having it all rebuilt as wasnt done properly in the first place but yeah its over there

Dan 300uk 06 March 2011 05:10 PM

let me edit that
dean at d&f motorsports cocked up the build and neil at slowboys has been nice enough to put it right for me

metrex 06 March 2011 07:28 PM

had the same thing with diffrent cars mate guys saying they can do things and have done loads before, when really there using you motor for exp and abit of cash lol. soon as i got talking to neil i knew what he was about asked a few things and he was dead stright in what he would do (prity much every thing)and what he would send out and even give me the guys number ie: recon gearboxs wich he could have easy said he did do and make easy money off some one eleses work. Iam getting a few bits done with him,hes changin my gearbox and diff ,fitting Front mount, remap and brakes the list goes on lol money money money :lol:

Apostle 06 March 2011 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jukesy007 (Post 9728201)
Are Sanspeed any good as they are in Bexley Heath i think which is Kent/London border

Sanspeed used to be good....... :nopity:

I'd say go to SlowBoy...

A

AsianGunner 06 March 2011 10:14 PM

Couldn't recommend Slowboys enough, top bloke and very honest with work done and prices.

Sanspeed.... As mentioned above, not a one on one service. expensive prices and more of a place you take you Focus ST or Octavia VRS to get a standard remap or real off the shelf mods.
"back in the day" lol Sanspeed used to be the place to go simply becasue there wasn't anywhere else to go.

weazel litchfield type 07 March 2011 07:27 AM

Neil is a great guy and would highly reccome d as for sanspeed i wouldnt let them wash my car!

greatgonzo 07 March 2011 05:52 PM

I use Slowboy, Great guy and very helpful, you do have to keep on at him some times :lol1: as I think he gets a bit to busy, but im certainly going to use him again.

metrex 11 March 2011 12:17 AM

lol

Originally Posted by greatgonzo (Post 9921258)
I use Slowboy, Great guy and very helpful, you do have to keep on at him some times :lol1: as I think he gets a bit to busy, but im certainly going to use him again.

yeah feel like your driving him mad when hes under a car or covered in oil lol, he needs a lil dolly bird taking the calls and to take notes on what **** i want done next lol:p

metrex 11 March 2011 12:25 AM

san speed lol load of ****

as i said before sanspeed are ****, my lil brother has a skyline gtst and had a boost leak or coil gone iam no mech and told my bro i didnt know any one who deals with them and he should have bought a proper car ie a scooby, any way he takes it to sanspeed against my advise and they charge him £80 just to tell him what he allready knew lol what a joke they never fixed any thing and said we have cut back your boost solinoid hosing as there was a leak car is 80 percent better please enter card here and enter pin no real advise or help just want your cash. as hes young he just paid up ill be down there 2moro :hjtwofing

V555MAC 11 March 2011 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by metrex (Post 9927926)
as i said before sanspeed are ****, my lil brother has a skyline gtst and had a boost leak or coil gone iam no mech and told my bro i didnt know any one who deals with them and he should have bought a proper car ie a scooby, any way he takes it to sanspeed against my advise and they charge him £80 just to tell him what he allready knew lol what a joke they never fixed any thing and said we have cut back your boost solinoid hosing as there was a leak car is 80 percent better please enter card here and enter pin no real advise or help just want your cash. as hes young he just paid up ill be down there 2moro :hjtwofing

With a big stick??:lol1::thumb:

subaruian 11 March 2011 12:51 PM

neils top notch very very helpful used him since buying my first scoob cant fault him prices are ace aswell:thumb:

-AL- 12 April 2011 05:37 PM

Neil Fitted my FMIC on my classic today. Wish knew about him sooner as he seems to know hes stuff. Very happy with the work done. Hes going to be re-mapping it too soon :)

RedBlob25 06 June 2013 02:52 AM

Looks like Neil's the man. I need the timing belt, water pump and spark plugs changed. Thanks to all your recommendations I feel much better in approaching Slow Boy Racing.