ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Good flamer kits? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/860323-good-flamer-kits.html)

ctommo88 17 November 2010 03:28 PM

Good flamer kits?

I would much appreciate some reviews on flamer kits for my 03 impreza sti ppp. I have a strait through from turbo down-pipe CAT, cobra exhaust and would like some loud bangs and flames.

Has anyone any experience in having a flamer kit?

Thanks

Tidgy 17 November 2010 03:31 PM

get rid of the cats, get it remaped on the rich side and go from there

ctommo88 17 November 2010 03:34 PM

I don't want to go down the remapping route as its an expensive way of getting what I want in my view.

Tidgy 17 November 2010 03:38 PM

car will need decatting to have enough fuel, and to decat safley on a new age it will need mapping.

flamer kits are just spark plugs in the exhaust, but they need fuel to work. any other way will involved fuel pipes etc and i know i wouldn;t be happy having fuel lines going to the hot exhaust.

ctommo88 17 November 2010 03:45 PM

Yeah that sounds risky :S. I have got a de-cat on the down pipe leaving only 2 out of the 3 left in.

I do get some pops and lots of rumbles quite often especially when I fill up with cold fuel so I guess some fuel is getting through to the pipe already, ready to be ignited by the exhausts spark plug.

Martin 2010 17 November 2010 03:47 PM

you could install a flamer kit to your cars current state and it will work just not as well at all as a de catted mapped car, you can get a flamer kit from ebay, they are basically just a coil pack ht lead and spark plug in the top of back box, on a simple on off power suply so u can turn it on n off. :D

newman90 17 November 2010 03:50 PM

just make one bud, go down the scrappy and pick up what you need

14N-FR 17 November 2010 04:01 PM

Sad state of affairs when someone does this.

Attention seeking?

Martin 2010 17 November 2010 04:05 PM

some ppl like it some ppl dont. and at the end of the day yeh its a bit of showing off etc but then again we all like to drive the scoobys about not ford mondeos ;)

ctommo88 17 November 2010 04:06 PM

What is involved then when installing the spark in the back box? Wouldn't it work better further up the pipe? Do you know any good makes/setups etc?

DJ_Jon 17 November 2010 04:10 PM

Wow... Not this discussion again. Use the search facility to get the answers, then go off and impress some 14 year old girls with your wanky flames... Gay. :rolleyes:

Guy B 17 November 2010 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by ctommo88 (Post 9717919)
What is involved then when installing the spark in the back box? Wouldn't it work better further up the pipe? Do you know any good makes/setups etc?

It will need to be after the baffles mate or you will fry them. Best if you drill a hole in the exhaust then weld a nut to the outside so you can screw the spark plug in :thumb:

smokingkills 17 November 2010 04:19 PM

Why some people still think this is cool is beyond me, another chav chariot in the making:lol1:

You'll need some neon lights too which would finish the effect that you are after :Whatever_

hpoolsteve 17 November 2010 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by smokingkills (Post 9717941)
Why some people still think this is cool is beyond me, another chav chariot in the making:lol1:

You'll need some neon lights too which would finish the effect that you are after :Whatever_

That's not a very helpful answer. If the guy wants flames let him have them :lol1:

Its his car, don't get me wrong i agree with you, but there is no need to bitch at him.

RA Dunk 17 November 2010 04:33 PM

I'm all with smokingkills TBH, nothing worse than seeing an Impreza all chaved up with stupid artificial 10ft flames all over the back bumper. It might impress the 10 year olds in McDonalds car parks up and down the country but it dosent impress anyone else. :Whatever_

wimpy 17 November 2010 04:44 PM

Here you go my friend. Even gives you an how to guide. Better if you get rid off all cats.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EXHAUST-FLAMER...item5adae02c9f

Nice and cheep.

joz8968 17 November 2010 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by ctommo88 (Post 9717839)
Good flamer kits?

That's an oxymoron if ever I've heard one. ^^^

Only kidding bud (just not my particular cup of tea)... But enjoy! nonetheless... :thumb:

bigarf 17 November 2010 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon (Post 9717927)
Wow... Not this discussion again. Use the search facility to get the answers, then go off and impress some 14 year old girls with your wanky flames... Gay. :rolleyes:

i dont think that these days even 14 year old girls would be impressed by a flamer kit.maybe back in the 70's when the fastest thing on the road was a mini metro it might have looked good.:D

DJ_Jon 17 November 2010 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by wimpy (Post 9717975)
cheep

:Suspiciou

newman90 17 November 2010 05:53 PM

I had one on my show car, end of the day it attracted people and photographers.

wrx sti ppp 17 November 2010 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by ctommo88 (Post 9717839)
I would much appreciate some reviews on flamer kits for my 03 impreza sti ppp.

I despair :(

RA Dunk 17 November 2010 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by newman90 (Post 9718136)
end of the day it attracted "chavs, 10 year olds" and photographers.

Edited for accuracy.

Stig67 17 November 2010 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by smokingkills (Post 9717941)

everything you mention on scooby net make,s your car a chav chariot ,,to some members ,,[not all],,lights/decals/flamer/

i don,t think most of them know wot a chav is :sleep:

i think they should be a new rule if you dont have anything good to say dont join in the thread the members come on for help not a slagging off :nono:

go for the flamer and stick some neons on if you want :thumb:
,,,YOUR CAR YOUR CASH
good luck with the flames make them big :thumb:

DJ_Jon 17 November 2010 06:09 PM

Got any comma's spare or have you used them all?

Flamer kits, neon washer jets, M3 mirrors, rally replica sticker kits, all look rubbish IMHO & devalue a decent car. By all means Chav your car up, it will only make mine more saleable & worth more to proper petrolhead.

Stig67 17 November 2010 06:22 PM

just had a look at your,s for sale
it looks a bit plain and the half chav lights aren,t two good

sorry it looks very nice smart looking car :thumb:

joz8968 17 November 2010 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon (Post 9718182)
...neon washer jets...

:eek:

...And these things exist?!! :brickwall

wimpy 17 November 2010 06:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go :thumb:

Attachment 54623

TonyBurns 17 November 2010 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by ctommo88 (Post 9717876)
Yeah that sounds risky :S. I have got a de-cat on the down pipe leaving only 2 out of the 3 left in.

Ok, your car is an STI PPP and you have decatted the down pipe? right..... you only have 1 cat on an STI PPP and thats in the downpipe, IF you have removed said cat then god help your engine as it wont be liking whats happening to it (it normally ends up terminal with something letting go or the big end bearings going).
If this is the case then you NEED the car remapping asap, or be left with a 3k bill for a new engine.

Tony:)

PS, flamer kits are not legal on the street and really they are very chavvy.

RA Dunk 17 November 2010 07:34 PM

I is found da clip of da flamerkit on u2ube is wikkid innit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEashMzvifg

dudester 17 November 2010 07:40 PM

This thread makes me angry...whenever someone does something to their car,that others dislike.it's automaticly "chavvy"
Also it's another thread where someone has asked for advise,but has been ridiculed.
someones car maybe a sh*t heap to you,but to them it's their pride and joy.
My classic wagon is almost ready for the scrap yard,but i still love it,and while it still runs and puts a smile on my face,i dont care what anyone else thinks.

p.s Flamer kit = 3 points 60 quid fine ^^
Rant over!