ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Maddie (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/860090-maddie.html)

Trout 15 November 2010 11:16 PM

Maddie

Is is time to say goodbye?

Now that a book is being published to raise money to search - do you think her parents are right to keep on looking? Or is it time to go quietly into the night?

Terminator X 15 November 2010 11:48 PM

I'm fed up of hearing about it TBH ... the whole thing has always struck me as fishy anyway :(

TX.

astraboy 15 November 2010 11:58 PM

me too. The only thing more suspicious is the fact I cant find that Mr. McCann Mr. Men cartoon I wanted to post up.
astraboy.

LegacySTi 16 November 2010 12:11 AM

i'm with term x on this,

Always thought bit fishy parents story..

can we get "i think the parents done it " added to the poll?

Fabioso 16 November 2010 12:14 AM

I have absolutely no idea what the real circumstances were behind her disappearance. I don't think the real truth will ever be known unless she is found but that sadly has been looking remote for years.

There is something about the McCanns behaviour during the first few days that has always struck me as a bit odd......
:(

boxst 16 November 2010 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by astraboy (Post 9715043)
me too. The only thing more suspicious is the fact I cant find that Mr. McCann Mr. Men cartoon I wanted to post up.
astraboy.

Almost ...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...cannkw6le7.jpg

Paulo P 16 November 2010 12:44 AM

The whole thing has been iffy from start to finish with no solid leads and no real evidence so there's always doubt. Parents will never rest until they have found their child but Kate & Gerry are and always have gone about it all wrong. I don't think we will ever know the real and full story.

Lady Luck 16 November 2010 07:03 AM

It's been odd since it broke on the news. I think there's something dodgy about it all. I know its a terrible thing but imagine how the other kids must be suffering if its all maddie maddie maddie

If it was a genuine snatching then my heart goes out to them, you can't predict how you are going to act / be perceived when the **** hits the fan.... BUT.... what parent goes out and leaves small children alone in an apartment abroad while they have a nice meal?

Hardly parents of the year.

David_Dickson 16 November 2010 08:05 AM

Fading from the limelight? Interest dying away?

Lets bring out a book to stir up the public a bit more and milk this a little longer.

KERCHING. $$$$$

Jamie 16 November 2010 08:09 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thy/mccann.gif

Tidgy 16 November 2010 08:13 AM

summit strange indeed.

either shes well hidden, or if she truley has disapeared i think shes prob bo longer alive, hope she is ok, but i doubt it.

Jamie 16 November 2010 08:25 AM

Dr. Watson where is she Sherlock alive and well:Suspiciou

jasey 16 November 2010 08:31 AM

The day they stop searching will be the same day they are arrested for murder.

dpb 16 November 2010 08:48 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqInvZ9hY9Y

Felix. 16 November 2010 08:53 AM

I think they have tried to self medicate her and its gone wrong.

So, now they are between a rock and a hard place. If they come clean and say what had happened - they will be thrown in jail, lose their jobs and have the other children taken from them, none of which will bring Maddie back. So they carry on the search and keep everything.

Leslie 16 November 2010 08:56 AM

There is no concrete evidence in any direction so it is wrong to accuse them of any wrongdoing.

No reason to give up searching either.

Les

mgcvk 16 November 2010 09:02 AM

I don't think there is anything fishy about it apart from bad parenting leaving their children alone in a holiday apartment. Had they had the little ones asleep in buggies next to them at the restaurant this most likely wouldn't have happened.

ChefDude 16 November 2010 09:39 AM

if she is missing, they should keep looking.

How small a human being would you feel if your kid says to you, "why did you stop looking for me?" ?

Hysteria1983 16 November 2010 09:50 AM

I think as a parent you can never give up hope, but I think there is a point where you have to tell yourself enough is enough.

I know it's an awful thing to have to do, but if Maddie is no longer alive, I am sure she would want her parents to move on and remember her for all the good times, rather than dragging on the greiving process over several years.

Trout 16 November 2010 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by ChefDude (Post 9715304)
if she is missing, they should keep looking.

How small a human being would you feel if your kid says to you, "why did you stop looking for me?" ?

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 9715323)
I think as a parent you can never give up hope, but I think there is a point where you have to tell yourself enough is enough.

I know it's an awful thing to have to do, but if Maddie is no longer alive, I am sure she would want her parents to move on and remember her for all the good times, rather than dragging on the greiving process over several years.

Two great perspectives. I hadn't thought about it from Maddie's perspective were she alive; and on balance I think I go with 1983.

David Lock 16 November 2010 10:08 AM

I don't share SN's generally cynical view of the Mcanns. I am sure they know by now that they were stupid to leave her as they did and in their heart of hearts accept that she is dead, probably dieing within a day or so of her disappearance.

But as a parent in their position of course I would keep looking until my last breath.

The truth will never be known unless Maddie turns up on some sick video.

dl

Hysteria1983 16 November 2010 10:25 AM

I just feel that they could be looking for her forever.

I know it's awful to think that she could be alive, but given the fact that it's been world news for a long time, something would have come from the situation if she were still here.

It's easy for me to say that I would stop looking, as it isn't my child. BUT I do have another child, a child and infer the dame circumstances, also needs love and attention and parents who are not constantly looking for the sister who may never be found.

Ant 16 November 2010 10:34 AM

Maybe they keep looking to stop people thinking they did it. (if that makes sense)

IMO I think they did something.

Myles 16 November 2010 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Luck (Post 9715157)
It's been odd since it broke on the news. I think there's something dodgy about it all. I know its a terrible thing but imagine how the other kids must be suffering if its all maddie maddie maddie

If it was a genuine snatching then my heart goes out to them, you can't predict how you are going to act / be perceived when the **** hits the fan.... BUT.... what parent goes out and leaves small children alone in an apartment abroad while they have a nice meal?

Hardly parents of the year.

Dead on. I have a 9 and 6 yo and tell them when Im popping out to the garage, 10 yards away. These people are meant to be a bit more switched on than the rest of us.

Hysteria1983 16 November 2010 10:54 AM

It's true, no sane parent should leave a child in that situation. I think that is why people are so sceptical about the whole thing. They are not your typical 'Jezza' type people are they?!

jasey 16 November 2010 11:01 AM

Don't forget they also expect us to believe that they also left the fooking door un-locked.

Even the most retarded retard wouldn't do this !

Hysteria1983 16 November 2010 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by jasey (Post 9715410)
Don't forget they also expect us to believe that they also left the fooking door un-locked.

Even the most retarded retard wouldn't do this !

Well, true.

My children are 3 and 4 years old and I still use a baby monitor.

Jamie 16 November 2010 11:07 AM

Gerry and Kate McCann are clued up people just not on that night sh1t happens :(

Ant 16 November 2010 11:13 AM

Or staged to cover up what they did. :wonder:

dpb 16 November 2010 11:15 AM

No evidence whatsoever ever of outside 'help' is fairly astounding