ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Item won on eBay (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/860070-item-won-on-ebay.html)

SamUK 15 November 2010 09:38 PM

Item won on eBay

I won a number plate on ebay but the seller is not willing to sell the item for the amount as he wanted more money...

he also did not have a reserve..

what can i do..? as i want the item.

RJM25R 15 November 2010 09:42 PM

Email eBay. If he had no reserve he's Ballsed up but it'd be difficult to force him to give you the plate!!

Mooburu 15 November 2010 09:43 PM

I’m sure legally it’s a contract so he has to sell it for that price. You could take it to court etc but I don’t know how much the costs are involved.

Maybe throw some legal jargon at him to scare him. Failing that get a solicitor letter sent to him :norty:

STi wanna Subaru 15 November 2010 09:46 PM

forget it and move on. You aint getting the plate.

Jamo 15 November 2010 09:46 PM

how much did you win it for? and whats the plate (to put it into perspective)

Wagon Gaz 15 November 2010 09:47 PM

Report the seller to e-Bay mate, if he wanted a certain amount he should have listed with a reserve, muppet.

jods 15 November 2010 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 9714746)

+1.

Leave neg feedback.

PaulC72 15 November 2010 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 9714746)

+1

I doubt the time, effort and cost involved would make it a worthwhile venture chaisng it. The seller will if forced create a new user ID and sell again under that.

I always though that an item could be removed from sale at anytime until paid for?

Hysteria1983 15 November 2010 10:08 PM

If you won it on e bay, legally it is now yours.

He's cocked up, and probably thinks you will just forget about, and just leave negative feedback.

Tell him you are contacting e bay, and awaiting their feedback as to what to do next.
If nothing else you will get a discount voucher from e bay for your troubles.

g7prs 15 November 2010 10:13 PM

It happened not long ago with a spec c :Suspiciou

Dougmy06wrx 15 November 2010 10:16 PM

+1 contact eBay and see where you stand, once you confirm a bid it is like a legal contract to buy and it will tell you that in the small print. So I reckon it will be much the same for sellers. Have you sent payment yet? Try via paypal then at least you can get your money if he doesn't give you it.

Doug

Hysteria1983 15 November 2010 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by PaulC72 (Post 9714811)
+1

I doubt the time, effort and cost involved would make it a worthwhile venture chaisng it. The seller will if forced create a new user ID and sell again under that.

I always though that an item could be removed from sale at anytime until paid for?

As far as I know, it works the same as a standard auction, as soon as the item has a bid on, the contract of sale is legally binding.

kingofturds 15 November 2010 10:22 PM

leave negative feedback and move on. I won a car on ebay that went for less than the seller wante,. he told me if I wanted it I would have to prise the keys from his cold dead hands. All I got from ebay was some bs automated message.

SwissTony 15 November 2010 10:22 PM

A lot of wasted effort, chalk it down to him being a tosser and you losing out

Hysteria1983 15 November 2010 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9714865)
leave negative feedback and move on. I won a car on ebay that went for less than the seller wante,. he told me if I wanted it I would have to prise the keys from his cold dead hands. All I got from ebay was some bs automated message.

That's suprised me. In the past year I have had dealingS with e bay twice over much smaller issues, (non paying bidders) and I have on both occasions been given vouchers to use on any purchase.

SwissTony 15 November 2010 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 9714879)
That's suprised me. In the past year I have had dealingS with e bay twice over much smaller issues, (non paying bidders) and I have on both occasions been given vouchers to use on any purchase.

yes but KOT doesnt have breasts to bargain with :D

Hysteria1983 15 November 2010 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 9714872)
A lot of wasted effort, chalk it down to him being a tosser and you losing out

Nah, you need to teach him a lesson. My friend just won a plate for a few K on e bay, and i doubt he would just forget about it.

JAutos 15 November 2010 10:29 PM

look at it this way if it was your plate you'd want a fair price, yes a reserve would be needed but in reality they cost a lot too, but that aside legally you can take them to court and they would lose as legally you won.

Hysteria1983 15 November 2010 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 9714888)

Well I can't say I have ever used mine to bargain with..... Not via e bay anyway ;)

pimmo2000 15 November 2010 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 9714888)

Hey, hes got a fine pair :D

STi wanna Subaru 15 November 2010 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 9714846)
As far as I know, it works the same as a standard auction, as soon as the item has a bid on, the contract of sale is legally binding.

You can withdraw an item for sale with bids on whenever you like and many people do.

Hysteria1983 15 November 2010 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by JAutos (Post 9714894)
look at it this way if it was your plate you'd want a fair price, yes a reserve would be needed but in reality they cost a lot too, but that aside legally you can take them to court and they would lose as legally you won.

That's no excuse, e bay have had free listing weekend pretty much every other weekend for the past three months. You can list the item at any price you want and add one picture for free.
I have just had a teal stainless hand wash sink on there for £79.00 (didn't sell if anyone want one....?) but I knew it's worth a fair bit more. I waited for a free listing weekend, and started it at the lowest price I would be happy for it to sell at.

It's simple. He's foofed up.

Hysteria1983 15 November 2010 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 9714906)
You can withdraw an item for sale with bids on whenever you like and many people do.

Yes, I know it's in 'the rules' but it's bad practice. I don't think "I ****ed up on the price" is a fair excuse.

Maybe if you were selling your nans royal doulton on the sly maybe.

GU5 15 November 2010 10:56 PM

Plenty more on there to go for...

:D

CrisPDuk 15 November 2010 11:16 PM

When someone pulled this on me a couple of years ago. I got nowhere through official ebay channels either :rolleyes:

So I just used an old spare account to ensure that I was the highest bidder on everything else she was selling, then left her really sh!tty feedback on them all (half a dozen from memory) once they'd completed :)

Petty I know, but it made me smile at the time, plus I got the item I wanted cheaper from another seller 6 months later :thumb:

Ebay killed the spare account off, but she got to keep the feedback :D

Jamz_ 15 November 2010 11:35 PM

I use this one for none paying people... works a treat, maybe you could change it a little for your case

Please note

You have one day before a none paying bidder dispute is filed.This is a legal binding bid.If payment is not received within 10 days after an ebay dispute is filed, I will continue this matter with the small claims court.First action on my behalf will be an Alternative dispute resolution.Failing payment and a satisfactory result a county court claim will be issued.All attempts by myself to recover payment have been ignored, all correspondence to you regarding this matter have not been adhered to,and all attempts to resolve this matter amicably have therefore been ignored.However if there are mitigating or unforeseen circumstances beyond your control resulting in late payment a sympathetic view will be approached.However,this is a legal and binding agreement and all attempts to recover payment will persue.

RJM25R 16 November 2010 09:54 AM

But want you will find is that it is nigh-on impossible to make him give you the plate. To complete the contract, you have to pay. All he has to do is refuse/refund the payment and you can't do much! I've had the same thing done to me on a tag watch on eBay, I won it for £90 (worth appx £500) because he listed it as "tag heur" instead of "heuer" so it didn't appear on peoples searches. I completed checkout and posted a cheque which he never cashed and then he reported me as a npbidder I tried the route of eBay and they robbed me off, I then threatened allsorts Of legal action and he just closed his account!

JPL 16 November 2010 02:24 PM

Neg him, he can't neg you back.

ChefDude 16 November 2010 02:33 PM

tell him he legally has to sell it to you for the price, then threaten him with a court summons and demand cash to drop the matter!

:D

Leslie 16 November 2010 04:35 PM

I agree with ChefDude. It is his fault for not having a reserve. As it is he entered a legal contract to sell it for the winning bid in the auction, just as much as you are also legally contracted to buy it for the bid that you won with.

Tell Ebay who will not want the bad publicity and threaten him with the court if he won't play.

Les