ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   You could not make it up - Policemen posing as PCSOs (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/859028-you-could-not-make-it-up-policemen-posing-as-pcsos.html)

The Zohan 08 November 2010 10:21 AM

You could not make it up - Policemen posing as PCSOs

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ring-yobs.html

Regular police constables are donning the jackets worn by police community support officers, who have limited powers and are not authorised to make arrests.

The initiative, which has been launched in Merseyside, is designed to wrongfoot youngsters who taunt PCSOs when they are caught behaving antisocially because they believe they cannot be arrested.

Under the scheme, the disguised PCs remove their jackets to reveal their full uniform underneath if the need for an arrest arises.

bit like superman then;)

What is the point in having pcso's if they have no powers or authority and the yobs know it. Paying a cop to pose as a psco - what a farce and a waste of time and our money!

JonMc 08 November 2010 10:35 AM

Quality, but it'll teach the little scrotes:D

Glowplug 08 November 2010 10:41 AM

Yea, i'm all for it. And it's not costing a penny.

ChefDude 08 November 2010 10:42 AM

is there a problem recruiting for the police?

when we lived in Islington, these were everywhere and identifiable from a distance. we call them faux-lice.

corradoboy 08 November 2010 11:53 AM

Why even have PCSO's ? Just replace them all with proper coppers who can do the full job, not a bunch of prefects who go crying to teacher when the big kids mess about.

john_s 08 November 2010 12:27 PM

The news is... not news. Merseyside Police have been doing that for at least a couple of years.

Spoon 08 November 2010 12:38 PM

As long as you're not on the operating table only to find as you are going under, the surgeon takes off his coat to reveal a circus clown outfit.

Leslie 08 November 2010 12:52 PM

PCSO's were invented by NL pureley to make it looks as though they were putting more coppers on the roads. It was a cheap way of trying to make us think that all the abuse and violent problems would be solved when in fact they are next to useless in fact.

I still can't believe that time when they first appeared when a couple of them were prepared to let a lad drown because they did not have the bottle to even attempt to save him. What a disgrace that was!

This latest episode just shows that PCSO's are ineffective as the hooligans well know. Yet another waste of money and a con to boot!

Les

GC8WRX 08 November 2010 01:20 PM

the little scrotes from scouse land can still outrun a copper, so pointless in my opinion.

not as pointless as pcso's though!

pimmo2000 08 November 2010 03:41 PM

Not a waste at all.. just telling the press this means half of the idiots will think twice before ****ing about .. Nice job

ALi-B 08 November 2010 04:12 PM

I suppose it is one way to sort it out their inability to police; A better way would be to sack all PCSOs and use the money saved to train/employ real coppers

pimmo2000 08 November 2010 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 9701265)
I suppose it is one way to sort it out their inability to police; A better way would be to sack all PCSOs and use the money saved to train/employ real coppers

Is that not the point though, we cant afford real coppers and need the numbers ...

kingofturds 08 November 2010 05:50 PM

I would like to see the sas dressed as pcso officers , that would make good television.

Tidgy 08 November 2010 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 9701010)
the little scrotes from scouse land can still outrun a copper, so pointless in my opinion.

not as pointless as pcso's though!

calm down calm down

DCI Gene Hunt 08 November 2010 05:57 PM

I like it....

Turbohot 08 November 2010 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 9700935)
As long as you're not on the operating table only to find as you are going under, the surgeon takes off his coat to reveal a circus clown outfit.

:lol1:

Terminator X 08 November 2010 06:57 PM

PCSO's are a tad pointless Paul albeit the benefit to the fuzz is that they're free as they volunteer :thumb: frustrated Little Hitlers IMHO ...

TX.

J4CKO 08 November 2010 07:05 PM

God, cant win with you lot !

Why have a highly trained, expensive Policeman or Policewoman dealing with minor infractions, again, they do what they can with limited resources and getting it put about to the little turds that know their rights and every nook and cranny of the law that they may be talking to someone who can and will arrest them with maximum prejudice amuses me immensely. It reinforces the PCSO role and protects them to a certain extent so I say go for it, use smoke and mirrors as the scrotes do all the time.

Terminator X 08 November 2010 07:10 PM

PCSO's can't deal with anything though Jacko ... just walk away from them & they can't do a thing.

TX.

J4CKO 08 November 2010 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 9701659)
PCSO's can't deal with anything though Jacko ... just walk away from them & they can't do a thing.

TX.

They have radios and can call in the proper coppers, they are, I would imagine selected for common sense and people skill, for example and old lady who has fallen doesn't need arresting, a car that has been broken into doesn't need anyone cuffing, neither does a stray dog, the role makes sense and like in the case of my cousin was a good springboard into being a real copper.

hodgy0_2 08 November 2010 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 9701685)
They have radios and can call in the proper coppers, they are, I would imagine selected for common sense and people skill, for example and old lady who has fallen doesn't need arresting, a car that has been broken into doesn't need anyone cuffing, neither does a stray dog, the role makes sense and like in the case of my cousin was a good springboard into being a real copper.

don't bring simple common sense into the arguement, you'll get people all confused

chris270181 08 November 2010 07:48 PM

Couldn't a pcso just perform a citizens arrest? Or is that outlawed now?? :wonder:?

PaulC72 08 November 2010 08:38 PM

Why not just let PCSO's have some of the more useful things to be able to use, like arresting the yobs..specials who get paid nothing have proper police powers, it doesn't make any sense really.

Leslie 09 November 2010 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 9701265)

Spot on!

Les

Leslie 09 November 2010 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 9701373)
Is that not the point though, we cant afford real coppers and need the numbers ...

Not quite true Pimmo. It is only since the last lot in charge of the country invented targets and pile upon pile of paperwork that we see so few coppers on the beat any more.

Target driven employment is a terrible waste and is an indication of those in charge not knowing how to run a workforce. It drives employees to concentrate on ticking boxes to the detriment of doing the actual job.

In the days before all this guff we used to see coppers on nearly every corner and they knew very well how to control those causing trouble and also how to influence the public in a supportive manner.

It appears that the police have lost sight of the real job they should be doing.

Les

Clarebabes 09 November 2010 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 9701606)
PCSO's are a tad pointless Paul albeit the benefit to the fuzz is that they're free as they volunteer :thumb: frustrated Little Hitlers IMHO ...

TX.

PCSOs aren't "free", they're salaried like anyone else. The "free" ones are Specials.

StickyMicky 09 November 2010 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9701458)
I would like to see the sas dressed as pcso officers , that would make good television.

:lol1:

Or ninjas!

StickyMicky 09 November 2010 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Clarebabes (Post 9702886)
PCSOs aren't "free", they're salaried like anyone else. The "free" ones are Specials.

So do they get a smaller wage packet?

Are they a bit like the TA?

john_s 09 November 2010 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 9702940)

As I understand, the plastic police are on a lower salary than regular PCs... and presumably fewer benefits too.

PC / PCSO don't compare as a regular soldier does to one in the TA... They have the same roles and TA are paid (pro-rata) the same as they would get if they were a regular. The only difference is the TA soldier (usually) has another job.

Clarebabes 09 November 2010 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 9702940)

No, PCSOs salary starts at around £15K, rising to a maximum of £19K. They work between 8am and midnight only on a shift basis. They do not have the same powers as Police Officers.