ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   So who got up at the wrong time today then? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/857990-so-who-got-up-at-the-wrong-time-today-then.html)

Snazy 01 November 2010 09:39 AM

So who got up at the wrong time today then?

Who forgot to change their clocks, anD got up at the wrong time.
Facebook has made me laugh today with the number of people reporting they forgot to change their clocks, or a strange one, that a large number of iPhone users reporting their phones failed to update the time.
Surely that's just a matter of settings? Just changing the clock to auto update?

DYK 01 November 2010 09:49 AM

I got up at the wrong time,but only because i'm not at work today..:sleep::)

Trout 01 November 2010 09:53 AM

Errrr - my five year old son. Normally up at 0730. Was up at 0530 yesterday and 0620 today!!! Yawn!!

PS He hasn't got an iPhone

Snazy 01 November 2010 10:02 AM

Lol I wasn't suggesting there was a connection, or blaming apple for a mass sleep disruption.

5.30....... Ouch! Lol
I woke up exactly 1 hour early due to my body clock.

It seems the iPhone thing was, the clocks adjusted, but the alarms (on some) appear to have corrected themselves by moving forwards 1 hour, which is a bit weird. Maybe it's conflicting apps or something

bigsinky 01 November 2010 10:07 AM

both my blackberry and my android changed back to UT automatically no problem. 2am on sunday morning and suddenly it was 1am. groundhog hour all over again.

brendy76 01 November 2010 10:12 AM

Time updated on my iPhone fine but the alarm set went off an hour late. Great software Apple!
Barely scraped into work on time, had a weeks growth to shave off in a hurry too ffs, only hurts when I breath.

dpb 01 November 2010 10:23 AM

Was definitely too light at 7 this morning

hodgy0_2 01 November 2010 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by brendy76 (Post 9687658)
Time updated on my iPhone fine but the alarm set went off an hour late. Great software Apple!
Barely scraped into work on time, had a weeks growth to shave off in a hurry too ffs, only hurts when I breath.

Apple don't make mistakes -- must have been some sort of problem with the space / time continuum

Ant 01 November 2010 10:52 AM

iPhone bashing thread how predictable :rolleyes: very clever spazy

f1_fan 01 November 2010 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9687703)

:sleep:

Bravo2zero_sps 01 November 2010 10:55 AM

I know quite strange, my iphone 4 didn't seem to have any issues with the time updating automatically, nor did my wife's 3GS or my son's 3G either :rolleyes:

Ant 01 November 2010 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9687710)
:sleep:

Taken you 2mins to reply :lol1: therefore my job is done :thumb:

JAutos 01 November 2010 11:07 AM

Iphones are awsome but ive found out today that when they auto update time that i set my alarm for 7.50am and it goes off at 8.50am that it has correctly changed the time it shows the correct time just the alarm app is still reading the old time.

Leslie 01 November 2010 11:42 AM

Just as well they don't wake you up at 2 am to tell you that they have done it though.

Les :)

TopBanana 01 November 2010 11:46 AM

I overslept!

Jaybird-UK 01 November 2010 11:50 AM

I think you're a bit of an idiot if you went through all of yesterday without realising your clock/watch/phone was still one hour out.

Hysteria1983 01 November 2010 11:57 AM

I never have chance to wake up. I get woken up by two young children at anytime between six and eight am.

Apart from Saturday morning when I slept until ten thirty. The first time since mid Jan 2006!

Snazy 01 November 2010 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9687703)

Kind of reply I have grown to expect from you :thumb:
It's not an apple bashing thread, it's a question about time keeping, and based on what people on FB have said, just asking a simple fact.

Dear oh dear, so defensive. :lol1:

So the peoples who's alarms went off wrongly, was that standard OS software or an app? And was the time still set to the original alarm time, or has it changed?

See Ant, just asking the questions apple will be asking too, no need for the name calling now eh.

If it makes you feel better, my mum got terribly confused about the whole time thing too bless her. Still trying to straighten her out now.

Snazy 01 November 2010 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK (Post 9687783)
I think you're a bit of an idiot if you went through all of yesterday without realising your clock/watch/phone was still one hour out.

Lol I have to agree, whatever the case, clock, cooker, car clock etc, mine all get changed if they need it as soon as I wake lol.

:thumb:

mart360 01 November 2010 12:35 PM

We went to a party on the 30th :)

left the party at 2am (1am) adjusted.

Did some work on the laptop when i got home, and fell asleep at about 3am

woke up at 7am :eek2:

And spent the day driving round looking at cars :)

Managed to get round till 1am this morning :) before calling it a day :D

Mart

Ant 01 November 2010 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 9687816)
Kind of reply I have grown to expect from you :thumb:
It's not an apple bashing thread, it's a question about time keeping, and based on what people on FB have said, just asking a simple fact.

Dear oh dear, so defensive. :lol1:

So the peoples who's alarms went off wrongly, was that standard OS software or an app? And was the time still set to the original alarm time, or has it changed?

See Ant, just asking the questions apple will be asking too, no need for the name calling now eh.

If it makes you feel better, my mum got terribly confused about the whole time thing too bless her. Still trying to straighten her out now.

yeah sure you wasn't :rolleyes:

apple don't need to ask these questions they was aware of it 2 weeks ago:thumb:

Snazy 01 November 2010 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9687914)
yeah sure you wasn't :rolleyes:

apple don't need to ask these questions they was aware of it 2 weeks ago:thumb:

lol you paranoid freak. I gave up "bashing" a long time ago, just before I blocked Jack :lol1:
You will also note a lot of the negative comments out there are from iPhone owners. Personally I was just curious who was screwed up by the time changes. It happens every year, Apple didnt change the game this time around.

As for Apple being aware of it... Why didnt they fix it then :p

Ant 01 November 2010 02:23 PM

No matter how much you sugarcoat it you knew what you was doing ;)

hodgy0_2 01 November 2010 02:24 PM

maybe he is just pissed because he overslept this morning

Snazy 01 November 2010 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9688064)
No matter how much you sugarcoat it you knew what you was doing ;)

lol sugar coating a bitter pill to swallow, and I thought I was doing you a favour :lol1:

Dr Hu 01 November 2010 02:31 PM

Apple wont admit its a fault..... but it happened in Aus & NZ last week when they changed to Daylight Time, its happened in UK as we changed to Daylight Time, and the USA changes their clocks next week..... how many more examples do they need..... ;)

Ant 01 November 2010 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 9688069)
maybe he is just pissed because he overslept this morning

I have no reason to be up at a certain time this morning:thumb:

Luan Pra bang 01 November 2010 02:40 PM

Why does any mention of phones and specifically apple phones get such a passionate response. I think apple phones are crap, some people love apple phones far more than is healthy but IT IS STILL JUST A PHONE. I know is has silly apps and internet and GPS but ITS A PHONE. In the old days people got excited by Scoobys on this board but once subaru stopped making good cars, (2000 ish i think) we ran out of things to get excited about so now the only thing that ignites scoobynet passions are muslims and phones. Lets start a thread about the Muslim campaign to get Iphones banned for being crappy fashion accesories owned by loosers and watch the board have a melt down from the vitriolic hatred pouring from peoples fingers onto the internet.

f1_fan 01 November 2010 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang (Post 9688103)
Why does any mention of phones and specifically apple phones get such a passionate response. I think apple phones are crap, some people love apple phones far more than is healthy but IT IS STILL JUST A PHONE. I know is has silly apps and internet and GPS but ITS A PHONE. In the old days people got excited by Scoobys on this board but once subaru stopped making good cars, (2000 ish i think) we ran out of things to get excited about so now the only thing that ignites scoobynet passions are muslims and phones. Lets start a thread about the Muslim campaign to get Iphones banned for being crappy fashion accesories owned by loosers and watch the board have a melt down from the vitriolic hatred pouring from peoples fingers onto the internet.

Any Muslims got an iPhone? If so let's be having you :D :D

Spoon 01 November 2010 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang (Post 9688103)

Just don't link it with a spelling thread. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...lies/smile.gif

Though why supposed grown adults get so uptight over a phone brand is beyond words.

The iPhone like other makes is a good phone. Not one phone appears superior in every field. Is that really a friggín problem?

In this case here, Apple are out of order for not fixing this earlier as would any other manufacturer be, simple.