ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   So what did you do for the last hour... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/857440-so-what-did-you-do-for-the-last-hour.html)

dunx 28 October 2010 12:42 PM

So what did you do for the last hour...

Dunx is at work, now recovering with a butty and a coffee...

As I spent the last hour stuck in the lift at work :eek:

Luckily, I knew it was safe... 'cos the engineer made me sign a form to say it was all fine before he left at 10 AM. :wonder:

So my aircon guys load all their flotsam into said lift and "bang" the brakes come on...

Off scampers I, out onto the roof... switch main power feed to lift off...
Wait 30 seconds and power it back up... send aircon guys gear down to the ground floor and call the lift back up...

Hop in and YUP ! "bang" the brakes go on... :luxhello:
My fat useless colleague is "at lunch", and is too fat to climb the access stairway onto the roof to free me.

So I call the lift company, and tell "Julie" in Bradford that I'm less than pleased with the service...

Not going back in that one again this week !

LOLROFL

dunx

P.S. Only had my "works" phone on me, so reduced to playing "snake" for an hour... :lol1:

stilover 28 October 2010 12:46 PM

Tried to save my job, by covering up the mother of all fcuk-ups.

So far so good, but I suspect it'll get out.

urban 28 October 2010 12:49 PM

:D

I got stuck in the lift in work for about 50 minutes several years ago.
It was quite an ordeal.
No phone with me.
Press panic button thing
Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring - then you get a caller unavailable message(because the stupid thing calls MD's house for some stupid reason.

Ring Ring Ring - then it called the office
Told them go get "the key" - i'm trapped in lift
Of course the key can't be fcuking found can it!
Call lift company to come on site to rescue me

I don't use it any more at all.

But its alway breaking down, myself and another are usually on rescue duty - probably retrieved a dozen or so people in the past 2 or 3 years

Lady Luck 28 October 2010 01:12 PM

In the last hour I have been avoiding writing some pretty unpleasant code and looking at some SAP defects. I also attended an induction meeting for a company I have worked for for 7 yr.... go figure.

I have however eaten my dinner and applied for lots of new jobs :lol1:

I did spend 15 minutes pondering how quickly I could drive to get home on Friday, which was the quicket route, and what time I can leave Leeds to get back to Durham :lol1:

Leslie 28 October 2010 01:24 PM

Poncing about on here!

Les :D

PaulC72 28 October 2010 01:48 PM

Only went for a walk to the postbox and round the block...poor really.

Ian 28 October 2010 02:20 PM

fell asleep on the computer with my head against the wall when looking on here, phoned up about a new job and put a pizza in the oven.

billythekid 28 October 2010 02:40 PM

Ate my full english from the local cafe (was very nice too), washed the wifes car, put the kettle on, wife then requested a new CD in her CD changer... what am I a slave?! Changed CD, wife now gone home. Sat here with my feet up just about to make another brew I think. Maybe read the daily mail for a laugh. Thats about it.

Its a hard life but someone has to do it - those CDs wont change themselves.

Glowplug 28 October 2010 02:50 PM

Knocking about on here and researching how to build a SSMI data cable. Made a brew and been for a dump. Fairly productive hour in my book.:lol1:

EddScott 28 October 2010 03:26 PM

Packed up 12 Terminators and 22 Genestealers and sent off to be painted.

Theres probably only one person on here who has any idea what I'm on about :)

Ant 28 October 2010 03:29 PM

Fed the baby and changed the mother of baby ****s. :lol1:

SirFozzalot 28 October 2010 03:42 PM

Checked on a 500 tonne capacity crane working on a 106m high flare stack, then planned a lift for an 80 tonne capacity crane working 30m up on an FCC (Fluid Catalytic Cracker) complex.

:)

DYK 28 October 2010 03:48 PM

Ordered a couple of Xbox games from Amazon,was gonna wash car but then it started to rain :( so decided to get my gear out from the car boot,as i won't be back at work until Tuesday :) I must finish that bottle of vodka off i started on last night :D

Luan Pra bang 28 October 2010 03:50 PM

played a round of golf 27 over so not the best round ever, must learn to leave my hybrid in the boot of the car.

Lady Luck 28 October 2010 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 9681028)
Packed up 12 Terminators and 22 Genestealers and sent off to be painted.

Theres probably only one person on here who has any idea what I'm on about :)

I know what you mean.... I think......

I work with lots of geeky men :lol1:

Hysteria1983 28 October 2010 03:55 PM

Been out with some mates and our kids, been home for an hour and they are currently trashing my house!

Midlife...... 28 October 2010 03:56 PM

Eddscott

*cough* warhammer ??

Shaun

g7prs 28 October 2010 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot (Post 9681049)
Checked on a 500 tonne capacity crane working on a 106m high flare stack, then planned a lift for an 80 tonne capacity crane working 30m up on an FCC (Fluid Catalytic Cracker) complex.

:)

Nothing worse than jobs on the flare stack, the preparation and permits involved are a nightmare!

SirFozzalot 28 October 2010 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by g7prs (Post 9681070)
Nothing worse than jobs on the flare stack, the preparation and permits involved are a nightmare!

Don't I know it! :lol1:

scooby L 28 October 2010 04:04 PM

Just been to see my best man's new baby daughter... you forget how small they are initially!

g7prs 28 October 2010 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot (Post 9681074)
Don't I know it! :lol1:

The bellows on our steam line burst half way up the flare this year and we had to bring the place down, it was rather smokey for several hours :eek:

Jamz3k 28 October 2010 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by scooby L (Post 9681078)
Just been to see my best man's new baby daughter... you forget how small they are initially!

Maybe its because I'm young and don't care greatly for children but I can remember being invited to meet my best mates new baby daughter. Bored the **** clean outta me and getting that glare from the doting parent to "say something to it" was pretty damned bollox.

SirFozzalot 28 October 2010 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by g7prs (Post 9681079)
The bellows on our steam line burst half way up the flare this year and we had to bring the place down, it was rather smokey for several hours :eek:

Not good! :eek:

Looks like we have some repairs to do on our steam line. Pressure testing the bellows tomorrow!

ScoobyDoo555 28 October 2010 04:50 PM

been practicing for a gig :)

Lady Luck 28 October 2010 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 9681088)
Maybe its because I'm young and don't care greatly for children but I can remember being invited to meet my best mates new baby daughter. Bored the **** clean outta me and getting that glare from the doting parent to "say something to it" was pretty damned bollox.

I get that, apparently because I'm a woman and been married for a few year now I am expected to be churning out the crotchspawn :rolleyes::Whatever_ Not likely to happen, I hate kids :lol1:

J4CKO 28 October 2010 05:09 PM

Shagged 8 different women at the Cheshire swingathon :D

Actually, did a presentation on SQL Server service accounts and storage recommendations, then checked in online to the Boston Dublin Aer Lingus flight (Economy :( ) ate rather ropey sandwich, had email exchange with boss trying to get agreement on some of the finer points and amazingly he agreed !

Lady Luck 28 October 2010 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 9681157)
Actually, did a presentation on SQL Server service accounts and storage recommendations,

Sounds interesting :thumb:

J4CKO 28 October 2010 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Luck (Post 9681168)
Sounds interesting :thumb:

It pays the bills and ives me the opportunity to travel, other than that its not very exciting.

chocolate_o_brian 28 October 2010 05:37 PM

When the OP made the original post I was mooching through the town centre looking for raving shoes for last nights DJ Mag top 100 party @ Sankeys in Manchester.

Last hour? Been sat chilling lethargically whilst working on a commission art work piece. Pub quiz tonight :luxhello:

Lady Luck 28 October 2010 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 9681203)
It pays the bills and ives me the opportunity to travel, other than that its not very exciting.

That's why i'm IT-ing it in Leeds... would rather be at home like :Suspiciou